The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Biltwell  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Motor / Engine > Sportster Motorcycle Motor - Top End
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Motor - Top End Discuss Sportster Motorcycle Top End issues. Rockerboxes, Valves, Cylinders, Pistons, Rings, Lift Rods, etc...

Members Birthdays
flashedwards (64), Reeky (62), feets (61), Eastern Shore XL (59), beeman07, Ironhead Zombie (43), pilot (40), Rik (40), joker13 (39), naturegirl77 (34), oliver81 (33), walkingblind
Dead Creek Cycles
RYCA Motors
DK Customs
Energy One Clutches

Lowbrow Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th April 2005
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: xlh 883 hugger
Sportster/Buell Year: 96
go-n-postl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default speedometer sensor removal

Im trying to remove my speedometer sensor as it is defective/dirty. How do you remove the screw holding it in?? The maintanence manual makes it sound as if you just reach in and put the allen tool in the bolt but i cant get to it. What is the most field expiedient way to remove with out dismantling the bike? Is there a special tool that I can buy that will make this process easier?? Thanks in advance!! ---- tim f
Old 15th April 2005
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
toe is a splendid one to beholdtoe is a splendid one to beholdtoe is a splendid one to beholdtoe is a splendid one to beholdtoe is a splendid one to beholdtoe is a splendid one to beholdtoe is a splendid one to beholdtoe is a splendid one to beholdtoe is a splendid one to beholdtoe is a splendid one to beholdtoe is a splendid one to behold

I used an allen bit, but turned it with the closed end of a 1/4" wrench.

Ed

The Only Y2K dual-set 883C
So Cal
Old 15th April 2005
Rider Of The Iron Steed

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1978
IronMick has much to be proud ofIronMick has much to be proud ofIronMick has much to be proud ofIronMick has much to be proud ofIronMick has much to be proud ofIronMick has much to be proud ofIronMick has much to be proud ofIronMick has much to be proud ofIronMick has much to be proud ofIronMick has much to be proud ofIronMick has much to be proud of

I had to remove a bunch of parts: rear exhaust, sprocket cover, etc. It is still hard to get at because of the angle.
Old 17th April 2005
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: xlh 883 hugger
Sportster/Buell Year: 96
go-n-postl is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the responses. I got her fixed.only had to remove pipes. Had to wait a couple days to get part in so why it was apart I cleaned everything. i also wash/polished everthing under pipes that is hard to get to when pipes are on. I used some of the MoCo brand "xtreme" metal polish on some of my stubborn spots. I think that that works great or at least way better than the polish Ive been using. It is a cotton wadding (kinda like brasso) with some kinda of pink liquid saturated into it. anyhow thanks again -- timf

Last edited by go-n-postl; 17th April 2005 at 21:23..