The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lowbrow Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > GENERAL AREA > Off-Topic/General Discussion
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Off-Topic/General Discussion Here is you can submit non-Sportster related topics. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION PLEASE.

Members Birthdays
Burly
Biltwell
Burly
Licks Holiday

Foxcreek Leather

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th August 2009
Harley Engineer

Location: Rochester, Wa. between mountains, rivers, and ocean
Sportster/Buell Model: 1200n
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
mes is on a distinguished roadmes is on a distinguished roadmes is on a distinguished roadmes is on a distinguished roadmes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianRides View Post
I've got a soft spot for them, because I'm from New York. OCC and Moroney's.
pretty rough crowd. OCC and the infamous Moroney's
Old 10th August 2009
Banned

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
AsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond repute

Wear it and save your skin. Maybe some day you can get a good deal on a jacket that doesn't have a logo on the back.
Old 10th August 2009
Senior Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883C
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki Boulevard C50T
Other Motorcycle Year: 2006
BrianRides is a jewel in the roughBrianRides is a jewel in the roughBrianRides is a jewel in the roughBrianRides is a jewel in the roughBrianRides is a jewel in the roughBrianRides is a jewel in the roughBrianRides is a jewel in the roughBrianRides is a jewel in the roughBrianRides is a jewel in the roughBrianRides is a jewel in the roughBrianRides is a jewel in the rough

Oh, I've got a nice jacket already. But it's a bit heavy for 100 degree weather in the canyons, at less then 40MPH.
Old 10th August 2009
Banned

AsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond repute

Whats more important brian, your skin, or your ego?
Old 10th August 2009
Senior Chief Know It All

BrianRides is a jewel in the roughBrianRides is a jewel in the roughBrianRides is a jewel in the roughBrianRides is a jewel in the roughBrianRides is a jewel in the roughBrianRides is a jewel in the roughBrianRides is a jewel in the roughBrianRides is a jewel in the roughBrianRides is a jewel in the roughBrianRides is a jewel in the roughBrianRides is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSeenOnTV View Post
Whats more important brian, your skin, or your ego?
I have no ego. I was just looking for a jacket that would protect me from the sun and flying rocks/insects. Even without the liner, my normal jacket is too hot sometimes. If I was on the freeway at freeway speeds, it would be a different story. Heat stroke is bad. So is exposure. Looking for a happy medium.
Know Thy Hog

Old 10th August 2009
Banned

Quote:
I have no ego. I was just looking for a jacket that would protect me from the sun and flying rocks/insects. Even without the liner, my normal jacket is too hot sometimes. If I was on the freeway at freeway speeds, it would be a different story. Heat stroke is bad. So is exposure. Looking for a happy medium.

I wear some FOX pants that I bought for super cheap from Motorsports closeouts, ya know, the boy sizes? I dont care what they say, but they do work. Wear it in pride and save your skin. Who cares what others think! If people are shallow enough to say something about what you are wearing then ride with others.
Old 10th August 2009
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: gone
Sportster/Buell Year: 05
Quebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond repute

I got a few t-shirts and sweaters from OCC that I got for $5 each from the clearance bins at truck-stops.

I don't give a what people think when they see my OCC shirts.

I say just wear it without shame.
Old 10th August 2009
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: FXDWGI
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
oldjarhead is a glorious beacon of lightoldjarhead is a glorious beacon of lightoldjarhead is a glorious beacon of lightoldjarhead is a glorious beacon of lightoldjarhead is a glorious beacon of lightoldjarhead is a glorious beacon of lightoldjarhead is a glorious beacon of lightoldjarhead is a glorious beacon of lightoldjarhead is a glorious beacon of lightoldjarhead is a glorious beacon of lightoldjarhead is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Nothing beats mesh for hot weather . . . and the great thing about loud pipes is you cant hear folks giggle anyway.

You know it is just "in fashion" to consider OCC "out of fashion" . . its a jacket. Don't give it another thought. If it does the job, just ride.

Besides, your on a girls bike anyway . . whatever ya wear!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10th August 2009
Senior Chief Know It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSeenOnTV View Post
If people are shallow enough to say something about what you are wearing then ride with others.
[puts CZ back in holster] That's a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjarhead View Post
Besides, your on a girls bike anyway . . whatever ya wear!!!
Oh yeah. Maybe I should sell the Sportster and get a Nightster instead?
Old 11th August 2009
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R Hardtail
Charles: is a splendid one to beholdCharles: is a splendid one to beholdCharles: is a splendid one to beholdCharles: is a splendid one to beholdCharles: is a splendid one to beholdCharles: is a splendid one to beholdCharles: is a splendid one to beholdCharles: is a splendid one to beholdCharles: is a splendid one to beholdCharles: is a splendid one to beholdCharles: is a splendid one to behold

-Sell it on Ebay to some schmuck, who thinks OCC is the coolest thing since sliced bread.
-Use funds to buy a decent looking jacket.
-Problem solved.
-Go ride.
Know Thy Hog