The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Get Lowered  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985) For all those that wanna talk about Ironhead Sportster Motorcycles

Members Birthdays
wallylach (63), cob (60), decman (58), djhannu (52), Vaughn, irishhog (45), dangjalopy (41), earthoverdrive (36), edman87k5 (35), 79iron (32), mr_anti_chrome
RYCA Motors
Energy One Clutches
NRHS
NHRS Performance

RYCA Motors

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th September 2009
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: xlh
Sportster/Buell Year: 82
Other Motorcycle Model: CBR 600
Other Motorcycle Year: 92
dumbrog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default strange electrical problem (fixed)

put a new set of turn signals and replaced a broken right side fender strut night before last. yesterday when I'm riding to work I notice whenever I drop below 2000 rpm my tach lights blink dim then brighten up but the needle drops to nothing then bounces around. Once I get rolling again after 15 or 20 seconds my tach starts working again. When the tach falls off my turn signals stop working. Seems like the brake light is on and it drops off to the running lamp when I hit the brakes. wtf? this morning I get to looking at it and realize I pinched one of the brake light wires when I mounted the fender strut. The nut/bolt cut the coating and it was shorting out to the fender. I'll have to be more careful next time.
Old 5th September 2009
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1250R Hammer Performance
Sportster/Buell Year: 05
leo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to behold

glad you were able to fix the problem.
good thing you decided to look at the last thing that was done when the new problem started.