The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Seating and Luggage
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Sportster Motorcycle Seating and Luggage Here is where you post discussions about seating and luggage

Members Birthdays
Main Menu
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th May 2007
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH-1208
Sportster/Buell Year: 1997
ReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mustang Wide Vintage Super Touring (pics)

Here are some pics I took of the new seat.. I'm actually starting to enjoy it some.. Still not 100% satisified with the look. Judge for yourselves.

These are with the OLD (DELUXE) Seat ontop of new one.

States I've Ridden in

71.3 hp 70.8 tq

1208cc 11.09:1 (Wiseco 10° Dome 10.5:1 .010 over) ,Screamin Eagle Dual Plug Heads (10° 61cc), Original SE A/C, Vance & Hines Straight Shots w/ Custom Baffles. SE 6800 ign, Dual BREMBO brakes/ Pirelli Night Dragon MU85-16 Rear - 100/90-19 Front. Progressive Springs & 412 HD 13½" Chrome Shocks, 5½" pullback riser w/ "reddtigger mount", Stebel Nautilus Compact Air horn, Mustang Vintage Super Wide Touring Seat, Alto Carbonite Clutch
Old 18th May 2007
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Sportster/Buell Model #2: shovel chop
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1966
jduffy01 is on a distinguished roadjduffy01 is on a distinguished road

would look better with a fat bob tank but doesnt look bad and im sure it feels nice and comfy.
Old 18th May 2007
Super Moderator

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 883L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CB350 Cafe Style
Other Motorcycle Year: 1970
khaskins has a brilliant futurekhaskins has a brilliant futurekhaskins has a brilliant futurekhaskins has a brilliant futurekhaskins has a brilliant futurekhaskins has a brilliant futurekhaskins has a brilliant futurekhaskins has a brilliant futurekhaskins has a brilliant futurekhaskins has a brilliant futurekhaskins has a brilliant future

Looks good to me. How does your butt like it?

2006 883L
AN Big Sucker Stage 1
Rejetted Carb: Slow 45, Main 175
Vance & Hines Side Shots
Flat Track bars, 4" Joker Machine Risers
Joker Machine Speedo Mount
Speedway Instrument MicroTach
Mid Controls
Lepera Daytona Sport or Lepera Bare Bones Solo
Black Progressive 412 12.5" shocks
Progressive Fork Springs
Knock-off SE Fork Brace
Chopped Rear Fender
Custom Taillight

Ol' Greasy Karl of the Spirit Stalkers MC
Outlaw Name Generator

XLForum Business Card Template

BEFORE YOU CLIMB ON YOUR MOTORCYCLE, CHECK THAT THE NUT THAT CONNECTS THE HANDLEBAR TO THE SEAT IS NEITHER TOO TIGHT NOR TOO LOOSE.
Old 18th May 2007
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

ReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond repute

My bigolebutt enjoys the hell out of it. My Thighs aren't so happy as it's higher then the original and I can't flat foot it as easily (although the longer shocks have something to do with it.)

Every day the seat gets better....
Old 18th May 2007
Senior Chief Know It All 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: FatBob
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
Sportster/Buell Model #2: all gone 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda ST1300;Goldwing1500
Other Motorcycle Year: 0407
doxbike is a glorious beacon of lightdoxbike is a glorious beacon of lightdoxbike is a glorious beacon of lightdoxbike is a glorious beacon of lightdoxbike is a glorious beacon of lightdoxbike is a glorious beacon of lightdoxbike is a glorious beacon of lightdoxbike is a glorious beacon of lightdoxbike is a glorious beacon of lightdoxbike is a glorious beacon of lightdoxbike is a glorious beacon of light
Question

I have the Vintage Wide Touring-I'm not familar with the "Super" Touring, but yours looks way wider than mine. The sides of my seat are even with the oil tank and battery cover. Yours looks like it stick out a lot further. Anyway, I don't think it looks bad, just different than you're used to.
Old 18th May 2007
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

The Rider area measures 15.5" and the Passanger area measures 12"

WIDE LOAD !! lmao
Old 18th May 2007
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

khaskins I really dig you're mooneyes..

Makes it look 'retro'
Old 18th May 2007
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
sycle1 has a spectacular aura aboutsycle1 has a spectacular aura aboutsycle1 has a spectacular aura aboutsycle1 has a spectacular aura aboutsycle1 has a spectacular aura aboutsycle1 has a spectacular aura aboutsycle1 has a spectacular aura aboutsycle1 has a spectacular aura aboutsycle1 has a spectacular aura aboutsycle1 has a spectacular aura about

I have the vintage solo it is a lot lower, it doesn't have as much foam as yours.
I bet yours is much more comfy on those long rides.
It looks fine, you will get used to it.
Old 18th June 2007
Biker

Braz691 has disabled reputation

yes, you will grow to like it both on your butt and visually with your eyes. I have the Mustang wide vintage and I went through this same thing, with people telling me I was just OCD, or getting totally frustrated with me and saying "well, put your old hd seat back on" and sit on a board more or less, defeating the purpose of my investment in the mustang.
I don't really pay any attention to it now, looks wise, and when I do I immediately think of how great the seat feels on my butt or another way to say it---doesn't feel on my butt. And a seat should not be reminding you that it is there, we want to ride, right?
Hope that helps you, any change will have pluses and minuses, but I think you have made a very positive one choosing your seat. Hope you enjoy the ride on it, I know your butt will.
Sponsored Links
Old 18th June 2007
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: SOLD 883/1200 Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 1992
Sportster/Buell Model #2: -
Sportster/Buell Year #2: -
Other Motorcycle Model: KTM 990 SMT
Other Motorcycle Year: 2009
Erik is a splendid one to beholdErik is a splendid one to beholdErik is a splendid one to beholdErik is a splendid one to beholdErik is a splendid one to beholdErik is a splendid one to beholdErik is a splendid one to beholdErik is a splendid one to beholdErik is a splendid one to beholdErik is a splendid one to beholdErik is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

I changed the stock seat for exactly the same Mustang Wide Vintage Solo + passenger seat. Man, does my a love this seat !!!!

Can ride the Sporty all day now, and the mistress enjoys it too

One of the best spend $$$ ever for me on my bike, i'm sure