The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum RYCA Motors  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Electrical > Sportster Motorcycle Electrical and Ignition
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
Cherrylady2 (58), kkbii (51), Cholo, Quebeker, poboy_27 (43), jay 21 (41), Matt-04-883 (40), timhypo (39), harleybuell2000 (38), Biker-Dale (36)
Figure Machine
Zippers Performance
Figure Machine
Dead Creek Cycles

Fix My Hog

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th September 2009
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDX
Other Motorcycle Year: 2000
hallin222 is on a distinguished roadhallin222 is on a distinguished roadhallin222 is on a distinguished road
Default Pin extractor size for '01 handlebar wiring?

I'm removing my stock 883 bars and replacing them with clip-ons, which I'll be drilling to route the wires internally. But before I can do so, I need to remove the multi-pin plastic connectors as they are too big to route through a small wiring hole in the bar.

What size pins are in the connectors which are stuffed in teh back of the headlight? The local Radio Shack has a .093" one, but I'm unsure if this is the right size. Please advise. I'd like to have the proper tool instead of taking my chances with a small pick, paper clip, safety pin, or other.

Thanks,

Ian
Old 11th September 2009
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDX
Other Motorcycle Year: 2000
hallin222 is on a distinguished roadhallin222 is on a distinguished roadhallin222 is on a distinguished road

Nevermind. They don't use barbed pins. They are simply held in place by plastic tabs that can be pushed aside by a tiny flathead screwdriver of similar tool. I got 'em out and ran the wires tonight, not probelm, excpet that the 3/8" holes I drilled were a tad small. I recommend 7/16" for anyone trying it.