The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lowbrow Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > GENERAL AREA > The Swap Zone
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

The Swap Zone Here is where you can list T-shirts or other stuff you have to SWAP. No items in this section are to be sold!!

Members Birthdays
Lowbrow Customs
DK Customs
Energy One Clutches
DK Customs

Biltwell

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st September 2009
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883/1200 10.5:1
Sportster/Buell Year: 1995
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Ford crown Vic Police Int
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2008
zackpaints has a spectacular aura aboutzackpaints has a spectacular aura aboutzackpaints has a spectacular aura aboutzackpaints has a spectacular aura aboutzackpaints has a spectacular aura aboutzackpaints has a spectacular aura aboutzackpaints has a spectacular aura aboutzackpaints has a spectacular aura aboutzackpaints has a spectacular aura about
Default Tank for tank

I need another sporty tank that will fit my 03'. I have a wide glide tank and a tank from a RK classic. I also have a fiberglass FL style rear fender that fits ironhead sportster. No major dents in the WG tank and the RK classic tank is in perfect condition but has been painted (lime green). The fibersglass IH FL style fender is ready for paint. I will TRADE any of the following for a sporty tank like the one on my 03'.
Old 22nd September 2009
Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda SL70
Other Motorcycle Year: 1971
black_n_orange_08 will become famous soon enoughblack_n_orange_08 will become famous soon enoughblack_n_orange_08 will become famous soon enoughblack_n_orange_08 will become famous soon enoughblack_n_orange_08 will become famous soon enoughblack_n_orange_08 will become famous soon enoughblack_n_orange_08 will become famous soon enough

I have a Fatbob tank to fit a solid mount Sportster, sans dash and grommets, in otherwise excellent shape. If you'd be interested. What is the width on the rear fender...
Old 23rd September 2009
Flat Track Champion

zackpaints has a spectacular aura aboutzackpaints has a spectacular aura aboutzackpaints has a spectacular aura aboutzackpaints has a spectacular aura aboutzackpaints has a spectacular aura aboutzackpaints has a spectacular aura aboutzackpaints has a spectacular aura aboutzackpaints has a spectacular aura aboutzackpaints has a spectacular aura about

Fender width is 6 1/2'' Outside. It bolted right onto a 78'. I kinda am looking for a standard sporty tank . The fender has epoxy primer on it right now and could use a coat of sandable primer on it to make double sure its ready to paint. A person could paint it now but it would have sanding scratches in it pretty bad. I glassed up all the holes includeing the tail light mount, the fender was set up for the use of a side mount plate and tail light. let me know
Old 25th September 2009
Chief Master Mechanic

black_n_orange_08 will become famous soon enoughblack_n_orange_08 will become famous soon enoughblack_n_orange_08 will become famous soon enoughblack_n_orange_08 will become famous soon enoughblack_n_orange_08 will become famous soon enoughblack_n_orange_08 will become famous soon enoughblack_n_orange_08 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackpaints View Post
Fender width is 6 1/2'' Outside. It bolted right onto a 78'. I kinda am looking for a standard sporty tank . The fender has epoxy primer on it right now and could use a coat of sandable primer on it to make double sure its ready to paint. A person could paint it now but it would have sanding scratches in it pretty bad. I glassed up all the holes includeing the tail light mount, the fender was set up for the use of a side mount plate and tail light. let me know
Awww... Darn. I don't think that'd ever clear a 150 rear tire. Was worth a shot anyways.
Old 25th September 2009
Flat Track Champion

yeah it cleared a 140 tire with about 1/4 inch on each side. However if you wanted it wider i can cut it down the middle and make it wider and do the body work to it and even spray it a color. just another idea for you.
Know Thy Hog

Old 26th September 2009
Chief Master Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackpaints View Post
yeah it cleared a 140 tire with about 1/4 inch on each side. However if you wanted it wider i can cut it down the middle and make it wider and do the body work to it and even spray it a color. just another idea for you.
I'll think about it, see what ideas I come up with.
Old 27th September 2009
Flat Track Champion

Ok sounds good!