The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE & BUELL MOTORCYCLE FORUM - GENERAL DISCUSSION > Product Reviews
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Product Reviews Here is where you can write up your own review of bikes, parts, or accessories.

Please do not post problems in here unless replying to a review. Please post problems with specific parts or accessories in their respective forum topics.

Members Birthdays
Main Menu
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st May 2007
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: xl1200c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
jalldredge is on a distinguished roadjalldredge is on a distinguished roadjalldredge is on a distinguished roadjalldredge is on a distinguished roadjalldredge is on a distinguished road
Default Microtach, good stuff!

Howdy folks,
I wanted to take a little time to toot the horn of Justin Gaither. Justin is XLforum member and sponsor. He has created the Microtach. For us with xlcustoms, it is a godsend. A digital instument, it is small enough to fit above the handlebar and yet below the lid of, and attached to, the master cylinder. It is out of the way, bright enough to be easily seen in the brightest sun, while its tiny size prohibits it from being a distraction or hindrance at night. Here is a link for a flick for the original product:

http://www.speedwayinstrument.com/Products.html

Justin has further cleaned up the Microtach. Check this out:

http://www.speedwayinstrument.com/Development_Blog.html

I haven't met Justin or visited with him on the phone, we have communicated via email and PM here. His product is first rate, functional, easy to view, easy to install, and without a question, the best customer service I have only seen rivaled by NHRS. Shoot, if I was Dan and Aaron, I'd want to carry the the tach.

Justin Gaither and Speedway Instruments have my full confidence. I wholeheartedly endorse this product without reservation.

In short, it is "bitchin'!

I am looking forward to see if Justin will be creating other great products.

Semper Fi,
Jimmie
Old 31st May 2007
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
humgums has disabled reputation

I just installed one of these things on my 06 XL1200C after seeing it on the forum. It is everything that Jimmie says. Neat, easy to install and it just plain works.
Old 31st May 2007
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Custom
cigarman has a spectacular aura aboutcigarman has a spectacular aura aboutcigarman has a spectacular aura aboutcigarman has a spectacular aura aboutcigarman has a spectacular aura aboutcigarman has a spectacular aura aboutcigarman has a spectacular aura aboutcigarman has a spectacular aura aboutcigarman has a spectacular aura about

Same with me. The best mod to my 1200 Custom. I did not realize how much I was lugging the motor. It is easy to keep it in the power band. Mounting on the brake resevoir keeps the display visible in your peripheral vision, no need to look down and take your eyes of the traffic as with an analog display.

I rode last night and the display is about as bright as the red tailights (not brakelights) of traffic. Just perfect.

Justin, you are my man!
Old 31st May 2007
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: Had -- XL1200C
Other Motorcycle Model: Road King Base (FLHR)
Other Motorcycle Year: 2009
Delzore is a jewel in the roughDelzore is a jewel in the roughDelzore is a jewel in the roughDelzore is a jewel in the roughDelzore is a jewel in the roughDelzore is a jewel in the roughDelzore is a jewel in the roughDelzore is a jewel in the roughDelzore is a jewel in the roughDelzore is a jewel in the roughDelzore is a jewel in the rough

I picked up one and installed as well. I chose a different mounting location, but it is a great little product.

Great job Justin! Keep up the good work! What's up next?
Old 1st June 2007
Senior Chief Know It All 3rd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Buell xb12r
Sportster/Buell Year #2: '09
CT1200 is a jewel in the roughCT1200 is a jewel in the roughCT1200 is a jewel in the roughCT1200 is a jewel in the roughCT1200 is a jewel in the roughCT1200 is a jewel in the roughCT1200 is a jewel in the roughCT1200 is a jewel in the roughCT1200 is a jewel in the roughCT1200 is a jewel in the roughCT1200 is a jewel in the rough

Heres mine...

Can't say enough about it....
BUY ONE, its worth it!!!!

Keep an eye on the road... Theres always something to see.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 13th July 2007
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Chicago Nick has disabled reputation

I just installed the chrome version on my on 1200c and this thing is awesome. Everyone that has seen it on my bike cannot believe how small it is. I used to have the mini tach and that thing is huge, this is the tach I have been waiting for and I highly recommend it. It is also very easy to install, it took me 30 minutes and most of that time was trying to feed the wires through the inside of my drag bars.
Old 13th July 2007
Super Moderator

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 883L
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CB350 Cafe Style
Other Motorcycle Year: 1970
khaskins has a brilliant futurekhaskins has a brilliant futurekhaskins has a brilliant futurekhaskins has a brilliant futurekhaskins has a brilliant futurekhaskins has a brilliant futurekhaskins has a brilliant futurekhaskins has a brilliant futurekhaskins has a brilliant futurekhaskins has a brilliant futurekhaskins has a brilliant future

I installed the Micro Tach on my bike last Sunday and it was very easy and is working great. I would highly recommend it.

2006 883L
AN Big Sucker Stage 1
Rejetted Carb: Slow 45, Main 175
Vance & Hines Side Shots
Flat Track bars, 4" Joker Machine Risers
Joker Machine Speedo Mount
Speedway Instrument MicroTach
Mid Controls
Lepera Daytona Sport or Lepera Bare Bones Solo
Black Progressive 412 12.5" shocks
Progressive Fork Springs
Knock-off SE Fork Brace
Chopped Rear Fender
Custom Taillight

Ol' Greasy Karl of the Spirit Stalkers MC
Outlaw Name Generator

XLForum Business Card Template

BEFORE YOU CLIMB ON YOUR MOTORCYCLE, CHECK THAT THE NUT THAT CONNECTS THE HANDLEBAR TO THE SEAT IS NEITHER TOO TIGHT NOR TOO LOOSE.
Old 13th July 2007
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Buell Uly (sold)
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2009
Other Motorcycle Model: 2010 Ural Patrol(sold)
Phaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, now I want one.
Old 13th July 2007
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 06
milmat1 has a reputation beyond reputemilmat1 has a reputation beyond reputemilmat1 has a reputation beyond reputemilmat1 has a reputation beyond reputemilmat1 has a reputation beyond reputemilmat1 has a reputation beyond reputemilmat1 has a reputation beyond reputemilmat1 has a reputation beyond reputemilmat1 has a reputation beyond reputemilmat1 has a reputation beyond reputemilmat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Got one !! And Love It !!!
Sponsored Links
Old 13th July 2007
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XR1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 09
Sportster/Buell Model #2: ironhead
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 74
hawk mechanic is just really nicehawk mechanic is just really nicehawk mechanic is just really nicehawk mechanic is just really nicehawk mechanic is just really nicehawk mechanic is just really nicehawk mechanic is just really nicehawk mechanic is just really nicehawk mechanic is just really nicehawk mechanic is just really nicehawk mechanic is just really nice

It seems that everybody so far has it on rubber mounts. I have been thinking about one, will it work on an 02?