The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum RYCA Motors  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems For discussing problems about your Sportster motorcycle that don't fit anywhere else.

Members Birthdays
Motor Stage
Bison Motorsports
883 Sportster
Biltwell

Superbrace

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th November 2009
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: xl 883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 883C
Other Motorcycle Model: Yamaha Majesty
Other Motorcycle Year: 06
Dragan has a spectacular aura aboutDragan has a spectacular aura aboutDragan has a spectacular aura aboutDragan has a spectacular aura aboutDragan has a spectacular aura aboutDragan has a spectacular aura aboutDragan has a spectacular aura aboutDragan has a spectacular aura aboutDragan has a spectacular aura about
Default a new addition for the tool bag?

just saw this on another site, strikes me that it may be a handy addition to the tool bag.
http://www.blackanddecker.com/Produc...roductID=21388
Old 4th November 2009
Master Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 1000
Sportster/Buell Year: 1984
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL 1200
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1993
Other Motorcycle Model: BMW R80ST
Other Motorcycle Year: 1984
DEEP DIVER has a brilliant futureDEEP DIVER has a brilliant futureDEEP DIVER has a brilliant futureDEEP DIVER has a brilliant futureDEEP DIVER has a brilliant futureDEEP DIVER has a brilliant futureDEEP DIVER has a brilliant futureDEEP DIVER has a brilliant futureDEEP DIVER has a brilliant futureDEEP DIVER has a brilliant futureDEEP DIVER has a brilliant future

I got one of them around 30 years ago.
Use it for work, it's ok for some jobs but is a bit bulky to get in to tight places!

BARRY

RED BLACK AND CHROME
AND IT GETS ME HOME
Old 4th November 2009
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883-1250
Sportster/Buell Year: 1999
Other Motorcycle Model: 600cc CBR
Other Motorcycle Year: 1987
Weo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to all

You could get away with just an adjustable wrench. If you have a socket wrench, I've used the Gator Grip (Endeavor Tools) for a lot of tasks in the past. Of course, nothing can beat the actual tools, and wrenches get in tighter spots.
Old 4th November 2009
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
flashedwards is a splendid one to beholdflashedwards is a splendid one to beholdflashedwards is a splendid one to beholdflashedwards is a splendid one to beholdflashedwards is a splendid one to beholdflashedwards is a splendid one to beholdflashedwards is a splendid one to beholdflashedwards is a splendid one to beholdflashedwards is a splendid one to beholdflashedwards is a splendid one to beholdflashedwards is a splendid one to behold

Good find..I could use one in my tool bag 'cuz space is really tight.
Thanks,
Flash

2009 XL1200N Nightster...SE Heavy Breather>SE SP black slip-ons w/modified Cycle Shack baffles>Speedway Instruments MicroTach+>Super Brace>Kriss headlight modulator. Willie G skulls @ gas cap,derby and timer>Misc. black nut and bolt covers>Garage Leathers solo bag>Mustang Vintage 12.5" solo seat>LED taillights>10.75" RK air shocks>G2 Ergonomics Quick Turn throttle>Power Commander V>Giving 10R12 plugs a try.

76 HP X 79 TQ

Ol' Dirtbeard of the Cracked Craniums MC
Old 4th November 2009
Brass Nut

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200V
Sportster/Buell Year: 2013
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL883C … long gone
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDB … gone!
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
Folkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting tool. How do they get 16 socket sizes? It looks like it would be 8.
'The green machine'
Know Thy Hog

Old 4th November 2009
Brass Nut

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200V
Sportster/Buell Year: 2013
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL883C … long gone
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDB … gone!
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
Folkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond repute

A ha:
Black & Decker’s ReadyWrench is like a full socket-set in one handheld spanner, although the marketing claim that it has 16 different socket sizes is a little misleading.

The only thing we don’t like is the claim to work at 16 sizes, when there are clearly only eight sockets. Black & Decker gets to this figure by assigning a metric and SAE size to each.
Old 4th November 2009
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 C
Sportster/Buell Year: 09
Tater is a name known to allTater is a name known to allTater is a name known to allTater is a name known to allTater is a name known to allTater is a name known to allTater is a name known to allTater is a name known to allTater is a name known to allTater is a name known to allTater is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folkie View Post
Interesting tool. How do they get 16 socket sizes? It looks like it would be 8.
Ha,ha, looks to me like to get 16 sizes you would buy 2...lol...
I did see them at Big K Mart, but I thought they were 2 different ones, one metric and 1 SAE, not sure though... They weren't with the Craftsman tools so I suspect they were also B&Ds or something else...
Have a good one...Tater...
Viking Shock Cutout Saddlebags, Mustang Seat, Rear Mt. Signal Lt. Kit, SuperBrace...
Old 4th November 2009
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: xlh1000 74/xlh1000 81
Sportster/Buell Year: 1974
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 81
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CR250 chuck chaser
auslad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 16 ehhhhhh

just buy 2 of 8 as no doubt will probably round of or break if it aint American Iron........................just a tought i tinks.....hhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm
Old 4th November 2009
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: SOLD 883/1200 Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 1992
Sportster/Buell Model #2: -
Sportster/Buell Year #2: -
Other Motorcycle Model: KTM 990 SMT
Other Motorcycle Year: 2009
Erik is a splendid one to beholdErik is a splendid one to beholdErik is a splendid one to beholdErik is a splendid one to beholdErik is a splendid one to beholdErik is a splendid one to beholdErik is a splendid one to beholdErik is a splendid one to beholdErik is a splendid one to beholdErik is a splendid one to beholdErik is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragan View Post
just saw this on another site, strikes me that it may be a handy addition to the tool bag.
http://www.blackanddecker.com/Produc...roductID=21388
Most essential on the road tools I carry in my Lick's Solo bag, but I appreciate the fact you're trying to suggest a fine tool out here.
Imho that alone is repworthy.So please have some
Old 5th November 2009
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: xl 1200s
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
derailedbus is a name known to allderailedbus is a name known to allderailedbus is a name known to allderailedbus is a name known to allderailedbus is a name known to allderailedbus is a name known to allderailedbus is a name known to allderailedbus is a name known to allderailedbus is a name known to allderailedbus is a name known to allderailedbus is a name known to all

I'm a tool nut, but after B&D's motorized tape-measure, their 'innovations' seem like a joke to me. And rounding a metric size to the nearest standard, just to claim 8 more sizes, doesn't seem like something that'd make me too happy to round a bolt off on the road. Not much more room for a full set of sockets and a ratchet. I've actually only been carrying an adjustable wrench and another, made by Crescent, called the Rapidwrench, that is adjustable, but orients over the bolt, like a socket, for hard to reach places.
Know Thy Hog