The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Biltwell  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Electrical > Sportster Motorcycle Lighting
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
wallylach (63), cob (60), decman (58), djhannu (52), Vaughn, irishhog (45), dangjalopy (41), earthoverdrive (36), edman87k5 (35), 79iron (32), mr_anti_chrome
Fix My Hog
Energy One Clutches
Zippers Performance
RYCA Motors

Lowbrow Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th November 2009
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200XL Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 1998
Stevodod is on a distinguished roadStevodod is on a distinguished roadStevodod is on a distinguished roadStevodod is on a distinguished roadStevodod is on a distinguished road
Default Want to add an extra brake light bar on my tourpac, help?

Best forum in the world here, guys! So much appreciate all that is being talked about here, thanks in advance!

Anyway, I would like to have more Brakelight visibility, not sure exactly WHAT, and definitely not sure HOW, so I need some help.

I have a large tour pac I made from HD brackets with a VIP pack. I would like to add some type of highly visible brakelight to it. LED would be preferred, but I have a '98 rigid, so I don't think I can do this, correct?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Stevo
Old 4th November 2009
Senior Chief Know It All 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 1999
Other Motorcycle Model: Dyna Wide Glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2011
Robotech is a splendid one to beholdRobotech is a splendid one to beholdRobotech is a splendid one to beholdRobotech is a splendid one to beholdRobotech is a splendid one to beholdRobotech is a splendid one to beholdRobotech is a splendid one to beholdRobotech is a splendid one to beholdRobotech is a splendid one to beholdRobotech is a splendid one to beholdRobotech is a splendid one to behold

Yes you can. Check out eBay for flexible LED light bars. Obviously you'd need red. I got mine for $3.00 shipped from China and wired it right into my harness. Mine is a 12 light and about 6" long. I have a 99 so it shouldn't be any different from your 98. Works like a charm and is bright as can be. I need to post pictures.

I used ShooGoo to afix it to the underside of my bobbed fender. I know, seems like it wouldn't hold. But ShooGoo is a wonderful adheasive. Dries clear, is rubbery so it absorbs vibration, and when it dried I could grab my LED bar, wiggle it, and it would wiggle the whole bike. I used this approach because I had to keep the mounting as thin as possible to avoid contact with the tire. That and I have no metal working skills what-so-ever so building any kind of bracket for it that matched the contours of the fender was out of the question.
"why pay someone to screw something up when you can do it yourself for free?"
Old 4th November 2009
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Teehaml has a brilliant futureTeehaml has a brilliant futureTeehaml has a brilliant futureTeehaml has a brilliant futureTeehaml has a brilliant futureTeehaml has a brilliant futureTeehaml has a brilliant futureTeehaml has a brilliant futureTeehaml has a brilliant futureTeehaml has a brilliant futureTeehaml has a brilliant future

Check out the stuff at Radiantz Hardcore Lighting Their LED's are super bright... Tee
Old 4th November 2009
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL50 0596 Black
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: E-Glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2003
Bob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to behold

Check out these guys: http://www.hyperlites.com/

Sportys tend to keep getting faster the longer you own them.