The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Superbrace  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders Discuss Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders problems, advice, and/or how tos.

Members Birthdays
Motor Stage
Energy One Clutches
NRHS Performance Long 2
Superbrace.com

Ironworks Magazine

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th December 2004
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
spade has disabled reputation
Default Front tire sizes

I am about to change tires (I think I am going to go with the ME880.) For the rear I am going to fit a 140/90. I am not sure about the front. I know stock size is an 80/90. Is there any benefit in upgrading to a 90/90? Is handling worse or better? Any opinions/ ideas? Thanks.
Old 6th December 2004
Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R Roadster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Other Motorcycle Model: Yamaha XJR1300
Other Motorcycle Year: 2003
sportymark is an unknown quantity at this point

Best stick with stock sizes, there is usually no advantage to upgrading (apart from a style issue) and sometimes it can upset the geometry of the bike, making it "tip" into corners more.

"This man is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot"!
Old 7th December 2004
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
toe is a splendid one to beholdtoe is a splendid one to beholdtoe is a splendid one to beholdtoe is a splendid one to beholdtoe is a splendid one to beholdtoe is a splendid one to beholdtoe is a splendid one to beholdtoe is a splendid one to beholdtoe is a splendid one to beholdtoe is a splendid one to beholdtoe is a splendid one to behold

A lot better handling with the 90/90 21 size.........

(even better if you slip the fork tubes up the triple tree a little)