The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Get Lowered Sportster  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > BUELL MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Buell Motorcycle Air Intake, Carburetor/Fuel Injection, Fuel, and Exhaust
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
Foxcreek Leather
Foxcreek Leather
Energy One Clutches
Biltwell

Figure Machine

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th November 2009
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: Triumph Bonneville
Other Motorcycle Year: 1979
sawtooth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SuperTrapp 2:1 sound quality and volume?

(2006 1200 XL custom - engine stock, carb tweaked)

I would like to make the move from SE Pro II slips-ons (big city thunder - monster baffles) to a 2 into 1 exhaust.

After reading several performance reviews I am leaning toward the a SuperTrapp 2 into 1 system.

Does anyone know what the sound quality and volume is like in comparison to the SEII's?

The monster baffles give a loud and deep rumble & roar. Very similar to the stock SE baffles but I would say deeper and louder. I like it

I understand that sound is in the ear of beholder but I am curious if anyone knew what type of volume and sound can be expected?

thank you in advance - ST
Old 17th November 2009
XL Forum Gold Supporting Vendor

Sportster/Buell Model: 07 883 X2 plus 5 Buells
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 92
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 96
Other Motorcycle Model: and 2 more!!
NRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant future

Supertrapp 2 into 1 is very quiet until you get it above 3,000 rpms. At idle it is not much louder than stock mufflers. When it gets above 3,000 then it starts to come alive.

Have you ever heard a V-12 Jaguar at high rpms? that is what it sounds like.
www.nrhsperformance.com

Taking down the competition one Bonneville record at a time!!
Old 18th November 2009
Biker

hmmmmm i was hoping for a bit more sound and volume

i might be better off sticking with ol'se with big city thunder baffles.

i was hoping for better performance without loosing sound

dont get me wrong - the current setup is very good in terms of performance but i was hoping that going with tuned 2:1 would provide additional performance across the power band

and if i was asked, i would my preference is in the low end performance - torque

there was a thread that dyno'd thunder header, supertrapp and the se's on a bike with my setup (near stock 1200 c - se intake) that showed that the supertrapp 2:1 had improved numbers across the range compared to either of the other two exhaust setups

of course i realize that dyno results are "lab results" and it varies from bike to bike...and that typical 2:1 exhaust gains more on the upper end than the lower

still the results were worth noting...

maybe i need to re think my performance objectives..lol
Old 18th November 2009
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200c
Other Motorcycle Model: FXD Dyna
Other Motorcycle Year: 2009
humpbackbob has a spectacular aura abouthumpbackbob has a spectacular aura abouthumpbackbob has a spectacular aura abouthumpbackbob has a spectacular aura abouthumpbackbob has a spectacular aura abouthumpbackbob has a spectacular aura abouthumpbackbob has a spectacular aura abouthumpbackbob has a spectacular aura abouthumpbackbob has a spectacular aura abouthumpbackbob has a spectacular aura about

Check out Lensters pipes. The name escapes me for the minute but they seem a very good set of pipes. They make some interesting comments in the blurb that refers to Supertrapp.....no names mentioned but we know who they mean.

2006 XLC 1200,Fire Red Pearl, S/E A/C, rejetted carb, V&H Straightshots, Andrews N3 cams.Color Matched Oil & Battery Covers & Ham Can. XL Low Bars, Chrome levers, Diamondback braided lines. Chrome Everything else. Brawler Solo Seat.
Old 18th November 2009
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R 90+HP
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 2276cc VW sandrail
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1976
misterT is a glorious beacon of lightmisterT is a glorious beacon of lightmisterT is a glorious beacon of lightmisterT is a glorious beacon of lightmisterT is a glorious beacon of lightmisterT is a glorious beacon of lightmisterT is a glorious beacon of lightmisterT is a glorious beacon of lightmisterT is a glorious beacon of lightmisterT is a glorious beacon of lightmisterT is a glorious beacon of light

I love the sound of my supertrapp but If you want more sound you might like the RB racing 2-1 better. Either one will easily outperform the exhaust you now have.
04 1200R 90+HP/10.5-1 SE pistons/.536 cams/Heads by MR T/mikuni HSR 42 w/25 pilot, 96 needle, 170 main/TC88A ignition w turbotas mod 33 map pos.4/ Supertrapp 2-1 w 23 disks/ 28T FRONT PULLEY /NRHS Hurricane A/C & adj. pushrods /progressive 440 shocks & fork springs w/10 OZ SE fork oil
Know Thy Hog

Old 18th November 2009
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: 2000CustomTstorm
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
BadHabit will become famous soon enoughBadHabit will become famous soon enoughBadHabit will become famous soon enoughBadHabit will become famous soon enoughBadHabit will become famous soon enoughBadHabit will become famous soon enoughBadHabit will become famous soon enough

+1 for the RB LSR'S......

"A Society that will trade a little liberty for a little order
will loose both,and deserve neither"
Thomas Jefferson

"Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol
than alcohol has taken out of me"
Winston Churchill
Old 18th November 2009
Biker

ok yes LSR's i remember reading about these pipes.

but which model 2:1? (i havnt had a chance to review the site)
Old 18th November 2009
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R 90+HP
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 2276cc VW sandrail
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1976
misterT is a glorious beacon of lightmisterT is a glorious beacon of lightmisterT is a glorious beacon of lightmisterT is a glorious beacon of lightmisterT is a glorious beacon of lightmisterT is a glorious beacon of lightmisterT is a glorious beacon of lightmisterT is a glorious beacon of lightmisterT is a glorious beacon of lightmisterT is a glorious beacon of lightmisterT is a glorious beacon of light

LSR is RB racings 2-1 model, I believe that i read about another 2-1 model that they make but can't remember the name of it.
Old 18th November 2009
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL50 0596 Black
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: E-Glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2003
Bob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to behold

The Supertrapp has a great sound but isn't very loud.

Sportys tend to keep getting faster the longer you own them.
Old 19th November 2009
Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 1991
ron521 is just really niceron521 is just really niceron521 is just really niceron521 is just really niceron521 is just really niceron521 is just really niceron521 is just really niceron521 is just really niceron521 is just really niceron521 is just really niceron521 is just really nice

You can adjust the volume level by adding or subtracting discs. At low speeds, my 883 is not very loud, a co-worker said "that's the quietest Harley I've ever heard" but it does become louder as revs climb. It never reaches the ear-splitting level of the straight-through turn-out individual HD mufflers which were on the bike when I bought it.
I've got 18 discs, but it would accept more if needed.
Know Thy Hog