The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum DK Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders Discuss Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders problems, advice, and/or how tos.

Members Birthdays
Wardog (65), ZeD (62), JamieSporty95 (42), JStrong (37), llsmketr, Phelan (29)
Energy One Clutches
Biltwell
RYCA Motors
Motor Stage

Dead Creek Cycles

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th May 2005
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: xl1218rr turbo
Sportster/Buell Year: 1993
rottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond repute
Default ??? about Jaybrake 4 pot caliper rebuild. leaking

My rear 4 pot Jaybrake is leaking and I need to rebuild. I can send it in and have it done by Jaybrake or have them send the parts and do the job myself. The guy there told me a special tool is needed to remove the pistons. It will take a week to get it back or a few days to get the parts. So, is there an easy way to get the pistons out and is it easy to rebuild these brake calipers. Or should I just send it in and ride with front brake till it gets back. Not riding is out. I have waited too long.
Spoiled but definitely not rotten. Started life as a black 1993, 1200 Now-1218, Home ported 2009 FI heads, Andrews N6 cams, Dyna2Ki, JMC aluminum swingarm, Chainsikle custom mid forward controls, GBC inverted front end, 3 degree wide-glide trees and 5 degree raked cups. 18x3.5 fatspoke rear with 150/60 and 21x3.5 with 120/70.
Old 19th May 2005
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: xl1218rr turbo
Sportster/Buell Year: 1993
rottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond repute

Bumpin it back around for someone to answer.
Old 19th May 2005
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Takingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of light

Hi.

Can they send you and Exchange unit?
Seems to me if they rebuild them, that they must have a couple ready to go.
Old 19th May 2005
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: xlh883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
AZbiker is on a distinguished roadAZbiker is on a distinguished roadAZbiker is on a distinguished roadAZbiker is on a distinguished roadAZbiker is on a distinguished road

Back at MMI we used to put a thin piece of wood inside the caliper (to give the pistons something soft to hit) and then just put some compressed air in it and they pop right out. But the Jaybrake calipers could be different, I dunno.