The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Get Lowered Sportster  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Frame Mount EVO Sportster Talk (1986-2003 models)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
883 Sportster
Get Lowered
Get Lowered
NHRS Performance

Lowbrow Customs
Closed Thread

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th February 2010
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 883/1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1988
kevmic28 will become famous soon enoughkevmic28 will become famous soon enoughkevmic28 will become famous soon enoughkevmic28 will become famous soon enoughkevmic28 will become famous soon enoughkevmic28 will become famous soon enough
Default fuel petcock question????

The lever that turns the gas on and off on my fuel petcock is gone. Can I find a replacement for it or do I have to replace the whole petcock?
Old 4th February 2010
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1203 XLH/Buell Hybrid
williamv1203 is a splendid one to beholdwilliamv1203 is a splendid one to beholdwilliamv1203 is a splendid one to beholdwilliamv1203 is a splendid one to beholdwilliamv1203 is a splendid one to beholdwilliamv1203 is a splendid one to beholdwilliamv1203 is a splendid one to beholdwilliamv1203 is a splendid one to beholdwilliamv1203 is a splendid one to beholdwilliamv1203 is a splendid one to beholdwilliamv1203 is a splendid one to behold
Question

Probably better to replace the whole thing. No telling if the impact that broke the lever did any internal damage. They're not expensive anyway. Was it the stock original? If so, time to upgrade to a Pingel or similar better than OEM type...
Old 4th February 2010
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 89
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda XR400 (big bore)
Other Motorcycle Year: 98
bobberTodd69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Broken Petcock

You'll have to replace the whole petcock.. From what I can tell the OEM
petcock has been discontiued. You should have plenty of aftermarket
petcocks to choose from. My local dealer service guy gave me a used
one last week with extra nipple for vent hose hook up. He said it would
help it breath better... We'll see!
Old 4th February 2010
Savant?

Sportster/Buell Model: rigid 88" highly modified
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Sportster/Buell Model #2: iforgot
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 80's
Other Motorcycle Model: crs
Other Motorcycle Year: 80's
wilbur is a splendid one to beholdwilbur is a splendid one to beholdwilbur is a splendid one to beholdwilbur is a splendid one to beholdwilbur is a splendid one to beholdwilbur is a splendid one to beholdwilbur is a splendid one to beholdwilbur is a splendid one to beholdwilbur is a splendid one to beholdwilbur is a splendid one to beholdwilbur is a splendid one to behold

I replaced mine with a high quality smooth-click petcock. I like the feel of it. It clicks into place and has bearing rotation. (Golan)
Old 4th February 2010
Chief Harley Engineer

kevmic28 will become famous soon enoughkevmic28 will become famous soon enoughkevmic28 will become famous soon enoughkevmic28 will become famous soon enoughkevmic28 will become famous soon enoughkevmic28 will become famous soon enough

Yeah this was aftermarket. Its in the open position now so I am not stressed about it. Just ticked that it fell off. its just a small pin lever. I may just fab up a new one.
Know Thy Hog

Old 4th February 2010
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1203 XLH/Buell Hybrid
williamv1203 is a splendid one to beholdwilliamv1203 is a splendid one to beholdwilliamv1203 is a splendid one to beholdwilliamv1203 is a splendid one to beholdwilliamv1203 is a splendid one to beholdwilliamv1203 is a splendid one to beholdwilliamv1203 is a splendid one to beholdwilliamv1203 is a splendid one to beholdwilliamv1203 is a splendid one to beholdwilliamv1203 is a splendid one to beholdwilliamv1203 is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmic28 View Post
Yeah this was aftermarket. Its in the open position now so I am not stressed about it. Just ticked that it fell off. its just a small pin lever. I may just fab up a new one.
Easy enough...
Old 5th February 2010
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Gone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this point

One HUNDRED and TWELVE DOLLARS for a petcock?

I can't believe it. My Sportster doesn't need a Pingle THAT bad.

Jeesh.
Old 5th February 2010
Chief Harley Engineer

where did you see a 112 buck petcock? The ones I have seen on ebay were under 20 bucks.
Old 5th February 2010
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Other Motorcycle Model: Custom Rigid XL
Other Motorcycle Year: 2007
billy bob is just really nicebilly bob is just really nicebilly bob is just really nicebilly bob is just really nicebilly bob is just really nicebilly bob is just really nicebilly bob is just really nicebilly bob is just really nicebilly bob is just really nicebilly bob is just really nicebilly bob is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
I replaced mine with a high quality smooth-click petcock. I like the feel of it. It clicks into place and has bearing rotation. (Golan)
+1 ! Had mine for 3 yrs , love it. I like it better then the Pingel I had on my 1st bike.
Old 5th February 2010
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Other Motorcycle Model: Custom Rigid XL
Other Motorcycle Year: 2007
billy bob is just really nicebilly bob is just really nicebilly bob is just really nicebilly bob is just really nicebilly bob is just really nicebilly bob is just really nicebilly bob is just really nicebilly bob is just really nicebilly bob is just really nicebilly bob is just really nicebilly bob is just really nice
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeatsch View Post
Who called anyone a liar ? They probably thought you were talking about a stock one.

You might not have to worry about this forum with replies like that !

Last edited by Folkie; 5th February 2010 at 08:47.. Reason: Removed quote of deleted post.
Know Thy Hog

Closed Thread