The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Mother Road Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Intake and Exhaust > Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust Problems, advice and/or how tos for Sporster and Buell motorcycle carburators, Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI), Air Intake, Fuel and Exhaust.

Members Birthdays
S&S Cycle
Hammer Performance
Dead Creek Cycles
Motor Stage

S&S Cycle

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th February 2010
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Crank is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bassani Street Sweepers

I'm finally looking to buy some pipes for my bike, and it seems that everyone has V&H, I am looking for something different, with a simple, sweeping design. So obviously I stumbled onto these Bassani Street Sweepers for my '08 Nightster, that is mostly stock. I found a set on ebay, new, for $482.95 shipped, which seems like a great deal... The ad says they fit '07-08 Sportsters that have the o2 sensors, so it sounds like I'm good there? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

My questions are:

Is $482.95 the best deal I can get these to my house?
Is there anything else I'll need for these? o2 extensions or ?
Anything negative to say about these pipes?
----
And on a seperate note of questions, I'm going to be putting on a Joker 4" A/C and am wanting to know the best box to put on this so I can tune it, because I'm sure with the intake and exhaust, it is gonna hate me. So any help in this department would be appreciated as well.
Thanks
Brandon
Old 13th February 2010
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883 / 1200 Conversion
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Other Motorcycle Model: FXD Super Glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2009
Sandman is just really niceSandman is just really niceSandman is just really niceSandman is just really niceSandman is just really niceSandman is just really niceSandman is just really niceSandman is just really niceSandman is just really niceSandman is just really niceSandman is just really nice

Seems like a good price for those pipes...they are pricey aren't they! As for the O2 sensors and stuff, I'm not sure if you will need anything more. Once people start waking up this morning and start reading the forum I am sure someone will chime in.
Old 13th February 2010
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 S/ sold
Sportster/Buell Year: 1996
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki M109R/ totaled
Other Motorcycle Year: 2008
wilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant future

I would suggest heat shields with the pipes. My Sport is a 1996 and I have the sweepers also, and I like em.