The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Energy One Clutches  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Intake and Exhaust > Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Air intake, Carburetor, EFI, Fuel, and Exhaust Problems, advice and/or how tos for Sporster and Buell motorcycle carburators, Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI), Air Intake, Fuel and Exhaust.

Members Birthdays
Dead Creek Cycles
Progressive Suspension
Biltwell
Superbrace.com

Energy One Clutches

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th March 2010
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 883N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
ironman_sg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fuelpak reset after main fuse removal?

will the settings on my fuelpak be erased if i remove the main fuse and leave it overnight??
Old 5th March 2010
Drag Race Champion

Sorgy is a jewel in the roughSorgy is a jewel in the roughSorgy is a jewel in the roughSorgy is a jewel in the roughSorgy is a jewel in the roughSorgy is a jewel in the roughSorgy is a jewel in the roughSorgy is a jewel in the roughSorgy is a jewel in the roughSorgy is a jewel in the roughSorgy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman_sg View Post
will the settings on my fuelpak be erased if i remove the main fuse and leave it overnight??
No it will be fine. Sorgy
Old 5th March 2010
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200L
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2009
BKB has much to be proud ofBKB has much to be proud ofBKB has much to be proud ofBKB has much to be proud ofBKB has much to be proud ofBKB has much to be proud ofBKB has much to be proud ofBKB has much to be proud ofBKB has much to be proud ofBKB has much to be proud ofBKB has much to be proud of

Along the same line; is there a way, or need, to cause the ECM to reset itself? As, say you have made a change from stock air cleaner & added X14IED's, rode 500 miles, then did the Gronk Mod. Will the ECM learn the changes by itself? Or does it need a "reset"? I'm TC (technology challenged) & don't understand how these new toys work. LOL I think I have the basic idea, but don't know how the components interact with each other.
Old 5th March 2010
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
FoxsterUK is a splendid one to beholdFoxsterUK is a splendid one to beholdFoxsterUK is a splendid one to beholdFoxsterUK is a splendid one to beholdFoxsterUK is a splendid one to beholdFoxsterUK is a splendid one to beholdFoxsterUK is a splendid one to beholdFoxsterUK is a splendid one to beholdFoxsterUK is a splendid one to beholdFoxsterUK is a splendid one to beholdFoxsterUK is a splendid one to behold

The ECM adjusts the AFR within its limited abilities. Its there so it can adjust for minor changes like temperature and altitude. Major changes are outside its abilities, such as air cleaner and exhaust changes.

It makes the changes automatically and continually so, no, you don't have to reset it.

I had an '05 1200R.