The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Get Lowered Sportster  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > OFF TOPIC > Human Relationships - Marriage, Dating, the Single Life
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Human Relationships - Marriage, Dating, the Single Life This is where you can discuss human relations topicsthat are important to you. Please keep the discussion intelligent and remember EVERYONE has their own opinion.

DO NOT LET YOUR DISCUSSIONS HERE BLEED INTO THE OPEN FORUMS!!!

Members Birthdays
seajay, Hugh Betcha (68), jimhd89 (65), JayFL459 (65), Big Al (58), dakota_dj (57), 10walt (55), kiltbill (55), timsvalk (54), horsewriter (49), Benetampa (37)
Superbrace.com
Biltwell
NHRS Performance
S&S Cycle

Lowbrow Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th March 2010
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XLC 883-90"
Sportster/Buell Year: 1998
Sportster/Buell Model #2: M2 Cyclone
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2002
Other Motorcycle Model: Buell Blast
Other Motorcycle Year: 2002
stretch7 is a name known to allstretch7 is a name known to allstretch7 is a name known to allstretch7 is a name known to allstretch7 is a name known to allstretch7 is a name known to allstretch7 is a name known to allstretch7 is a name known to allstretch7 is a name known to allstretch7 is a name known to allstretch7 is a name known to all
Talking Getting hitched in Vegas

My girlfriend and I have decided to get married. We live in Ireland but are coming to the U.S. in July for a vacation. We will be in Las Vegas for the weekend in the middle of our trip and we are getting married there.
Has anyone else done the same?
XL883C- 90" NRHS, XB heads, .536 cams, HSR 42, NRHS 3" Hurricaneflow airfilter, Supertrapp 2-1 (24 plates), BDL heavy duty clutch, Andrews 1st gear, 12.5" FAR adjustable shocks, Oberon eng. footrests, flush filler cap, JMC swingarm, GSXR upside down front end, etc, etc, etc.......

And a Buell M2.......To help use up the worlds rubber resources....
Old 9th March 2010
Senior Chief Slacker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Other Motorcycle Model: 96 Honda 300 4TRX
d_eggman2 is a splendid one to beholdd_eggman2 is a splendid one to beholdd_eggman2 is a splendid one to beholdd_eggman2 is a splendid one to beholdd_eggman2 is a splendid one to beholdd_eggman2 is a splendid one to beholdd_eggman2 is a splendid one to beholdd_eggman2 is a splendid one to beholdd_eggman2 is a splendid one to beholdd_eggman2 is a splendid one to beholdd_eggman2 is a splendid one to behold

No I have never been to Ireland.........

Congrats, live long and prosper.

When I was old enough to ride a motorcycle and got my license, I bought a '69 Sportster.
Chuck Zito

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

(DTC) Diagnostic trouble codes

Membership Voluntary Roadside Assistance List
Members helping members out on the road
Old 9th March 2010
Senior Chief Know It All 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda XL 125
Other Motorcycle Year: 1982
linkin5 is just really nicelinkin5 is just really nicelinkin5 is just really nicelinkin5 is just really nicelinkin5 is just really nicelinkin5 is just really nicelinkin5 is just really nicelinkin5 is just really nicelinkin5 is just really nicelinkin5 is just really nicelinkin5 is just really nice

If I ever did go to Ireland I dought I'd get married there.
Old 9th March 2010
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2012
Loner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud of

Las Vegas is very marriage friendly you can get married on just about every other street corner you have choices, you can be married by Elvis (a elvis impersonator) get married in a drive through chapel. Even do a "theme" wedding like dressing up in old time cowboy clothes.
Myself, never been married, can't get past the obey thing.
besides the longest sentence a man ever does is after he says "I do"
here is the Elvis wedding chapel there are several
http://www.elvischapel.com/?gclid=CK...FQ8bawodeU9BZg

and the drive thru again there are several.

http://www.chapelsoflasvegas.com/drivethruweddings.htm

Watch for "extras" on the packages, figure out much you want to or can afford to spend. Getting married is an emotional affair logic does not come into play on this
Figure how much you really want for pictures etc. My advice spend the money for a proper album, not just a CD or DVD thinking you will make up your own later, get the album up front you will not be disappointed this is the one big reminder of that day.
CD's degrade after five years, Albums a lifetime.
And before you ask no I don't photograph weddings and for me to go to Vegas the costs are too high for the type of wedding your planning.
do bring your own camera.

Last edited by Loner; 9th March 2010 at 19:54..
Old 9th March 2010
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Gone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Well, Ok....

Yes I did get married in Vegas. Girl wound up cheating, as many do, and the subsequent annulment (get out of marriage free card) was very welcomed. I did have a great time in Vegas, though.

Seems like getting a cute girl to cheat is like dropping bread crumbs in front of a duck.

If you want to gamble, I'd suggest dropping quarters in a slot machine. The odds are better in my opinion.
Know Thy Hog

Old 9th March 2010
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1998 S= Superior Model
shotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond repute

I always wanted to marry a girl from Ireland does that count ?
Old 9th March 2010
チェッカー

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883L/1200L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Baphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond repute

I go to Las Vegas sometimes, but that's not where I got married. We thought about it, but we had a similar wedding here in town at a place called The Little Wedding Chapel. Nice place to have a wedding ... and cheap. Since we paid for the wedding ourselves we thought to either go to Las Vegas and do it, or do it here. Here it cost less than a grand, and that's including flowers, music, photography, and everything normally associated with a wedding except the reception. You'll have a good time regardless.
Old 9th March 2010
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Takingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of light

I was married in Las Vegas, it was 25 years ago on the 3rd of this month.

We is still together.
Old 9th March 2010
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XLC 883-90"
Sportster/Buell Model #2: M2 Cyclone
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2002
Other Motorcycle Model: Buell Blast
Other Motorcycle Year: 2002
stretch7 is a name known to allstretch7 is a name known to allstretch7 is a name known to allstretch7 is a name known to allstretch7 is a name known to allstretch7 is a name known to allstretch7 is a name known to allstretch7 is a name known to allstretch7 is a name known to allstretch7 is a name known to allstretch7 is a name known to all

I feel I ought to put in a bit of background....
We've been together 3 years now, we're both the wrong side of 45 and are both divorced, we have grown up families and what remain of our parents are in their 80s.
When we first got together in 2007 we said then that we'd like to get married in Vegas as we don't really want a lot of fuss or expense.
We've booked the Gracelands wedding chapel for the 1st of August!
We'll have a party for family and friends when we get home....
Old 9th March 2010
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
camoNchrome is on a distinguished roadcamoNchrome is on a distinguished roadcamoNchrome is on a distinguished roadcamoNchrome is on a distinguished roadcamoNchrome is on a distinguished road

You know what Kinison thinks of marriage, right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spgfCxB52f8
Rush mufflers
Know Thy Hog