The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum S&S Cycle  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE & BUELL MOTORCYCLE FORUM - GENERAL DISCUSSION > Dealers, Stealers, Indys and Parts Dealers
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Dealers, Stealers, Indys and Parts Dealers Who did good by you and who did bad by you

Members Birthdays
Figure Machine
Licks Cycles
Figure Machine
Figure Machine

CV Performance

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th August 2007
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
jrogers329 will become famous soon enoughjrogers329 will become famous soon enoughjrogers329 will become famous soon enoughjrogers329 will become famous soon enoughjrogers329 will become famous soon enoughjrogers329 will become famous soon enoughjrogers329 will become famous soon enough
Default Leatherlyke Customer Service Problems

So I ordered some Leatherlyke bags for my 06 Roadster. I got them here on Thursday and found that the keys that were supplied did not work. I called Leatherlyke and told them of the problem. I was told to make sure that the stamp on the box matched the key number. It did, and then they told me to try pressing on the top of the bag while turning the key, b/c sometimes the cams are really tight from the factory. After no luck, they said that I could send them back and they would fix the lock or send me new ones. Or they could sned me new locks and I could drill the old ones out and install the new ones myself. I asked them if I took them to a locksmith and had the locksmith open the bags and make me keys, would Leatherlyke reimburse me for the locksmith charges. I was told no...I would have to send them back. I politely explained that if I sent them back to Leatherlyke, that they would have to pay shipping both ways for the bags and it was sure to cost more than what a locksmith would charge. They said it was not an option. I am really pissed about their shy customer service and I am thinking about sending them back and getting a refund. For what they charge, I would expect better customer service. I know mistakes can happen, but there attitude really sucks. Anyone else have problems with Leatherlyke?

John
Old 12th August 2007
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
jrogers329 will become famous soon enoughjrogers329 will become famous soon enoughjrogers329 will become famous soon enoughjrogers329 will become famous soon enoughjrogers329 will become famous soon enoughjrogers329 will become famous soon enoughjrogers329 will become famous soon enough

bump! bump!