The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Biltwell  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems For discussing problems about your Sportster motorcycle that don't fit anywhere else.

Members Birthdays
883 Sportster
Licks Holiday
Dead Creek Cycles
Lowbrow Customs

Progressive Suspension

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th June 2010
Whitworth Products

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: 5 bikes and 1 quad
wedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpsteady View Post
Great stuff. I wish that I could be half as much a biker as they were.
I almost said "you are" but then I realized that could be taken as an insult, so the better answer is that if you ride, and if you enjoy riding, and if nothing short ot a couple of honeydews can ever keep you from riding, then you are every bit as much a biker as any of us ever were. Times change, equipment changes, but the "feel" never does. I'm 61 now, and I'll give this up when they plant my ass.

Whitworth Fork Brace: http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/m...outme&simple=1

Old 17th June 2010
Senior Bike Builder

Other Motorcycle Model: Road King
Other Motorcycle Year: 2005
drd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to behold

I think the biggest problem with a modern Sportster going the "long way round" would be it's off road capabilities not its reliability. With the right tires and higher suspension, maybe. If you could stay on "roads", no problem at all.
Old 17th June 2010
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: xlh883 Hugger
Sportster/Buell Year: 1997
Other Motorcycle Model: Springer Classic
Other Motorcycle Year: 2005
srrice40 is a glorious beacon of lightsrrice40 is a glorious beacon of lightsrrice40 is a glorious beacon of lightsrrice40 is a glorious beacon of lightsrrice40 is a glorious beacon of lightsrrice40 is a glorious beacon of lightsrrice40 is a glorious beacon of lightsrrice40 is a glorious beacon of lightsrrice40 is a glorious beacon of lightsrrice40 is a glorious beacon of lightsrrice40 is a glorious beacon of light

HA - my first thought after reading the title and seeing all of those guys air born was I guess so after landing on those brass balls and living to tell the tale!
Ol' Cowboy Stephen of the Death Cats MC
Old 17th June 2010
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 65 IRON HEAD
LiPcHiTs65 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 17th June 2010
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
Krlyman is on a distinguished roadKrlyman is on a distinguished road

Youth is wasted on the young! Ah, boys will be boys. Looks like they were all having a great time.
Know Thy Hog

Old 3rd September 2010
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1988
biknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to behold

Completely stock except for, Branch #5 heads & 10.5:1 JE pistons, Red Shift V531 cams, S&S Super E, ThunderJet, V&H Sideshots, S&S Flywheels, Dyna 2000i, Stortz 55mm Inverted Fork, JMC Swingarm, Works Performance 12.5" Shocks, PM 4 Piston, PM wheels, 18 x 150 R tire, Custom Belt Drive Conversion, Still Has Original Nut Behind The Bars