The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum NRHS PERFORMANCE 1  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems For discussing problems about your Sportster motorcycle that don't fit anywhere else.

Members Birthdays
Deathbreath (65), SpartanDen, B.C. TROLL (61), JDCIV (48), d_eggman2 (46), outalne94z71 (42), troy1 (41), chupacabra (40), pirate (40), Arslanoff
RYCA Motors
DK Customs
Biltwell
BIKE BUILDER

Motor Stage

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th April 2010
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Iron 883
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2010
undeadfred1 is just really niceundeadfred1 is just really niceundeadfred1 is just really niceundeadfred1 is just really niceundeadfred1 is just really niceundeadfred1 is just really niceundeadfred1 is just really niceundeadfred1 is just really niceundeadfred1 is just really niceundeadfred1 is just really niceundeadfred1 is just really nice
Default my new nightster springer project!

after askin a million questions im about ready to get started. below is the bike that imma pick up from daytona harley, long as no one beats me to it!

plans for this bike...

s&s air cleaner powdercoated flat black
powder coat the heat guards flat black
relocated and upgrade the horn to the left side, powder coat cover flat black
14 inch burly brand narrow glide black apes
le pera solo seat
paughco stock springer front end with mounts for the fender and shock
gonna change the bearings and run the stock wheel
using the stock headlight
licks solo side bag
black progressive rear shocks

also thinkin of doing a new paint job on the tank, old school style, grey teardrop with the classis harley davidson written in black. dunno about that yet, already gettin in deep financially, fiance isn't thrilled....

ill keep you folks updated with pictures as the project progresses!

Old 11th April 2010
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 1994
Narc213 will become famous soon enoughNarc213 will become famous soon enoughNarc213 will become famous soon enoughNarc213 will become famous soon enoughNarc213 will become famous soon enoughNarc213 will become famous soon enough

Nice bike for the project...good luck and don't rush things they will come in time...minus the bike purchase ( get that asap ) lol...looking forward to the results.
Old 11th April 2010
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Iron 883
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2010
undeadfred1 is just really niceundeadfred1 is just really niceundeadfred1 is just really niceundeadfred1 is just really niceundeadfred1 is just really niceundeadfred1 is just really niceundeadfred1 is just really niceundeadfred1 is just really niceundeadfred1 is just really niceundeadfred1 is just really niceundeadfred1 is just really nice

the springer will probably be the last thing sadly, cause its so damn expensive! i thought about cutting the frame and using a DNA, but, i like the fact the paughco has a shock and mounts for the fender, and ive heard they run smooth, close to the springer on the cross bones. i dont want to sacrafice too much comfort! haha i like how jesse james put it (i know i know shut up guys) he said "i like to think of my bikes as 50% form and 50% function. no reason i bike can;t look killer but still be fun to ride.. right? im sure some old school guy on a hard tail panhead bobber with a old springer is gonna laugh at mine, but -I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!- it, im makin the bike THAT I WANT. so yeah. :-)
Old 11th April 2010
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 1994
Narc213 will become famous soon enoughNarc213 will become famous soon enoughNarc213 will become famous soon enoughNarc213 will become famous soon enoughNarc213 will become famous soon enoughNarc213 will become famous soon enough

and thats all that matters right ther bro...Make it yours....you the one thats got to ride it.
Old 13th April 2010
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 Iron
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
Blakes7 is a jewel in the roughBlakes7 is a jewel in the roughBlakes7 is a jewel in the roughBlakes7 is a jewel in the roughBlakes7 is a jewel in the roughBlakes7 is a jewel in the roughBlakes7 is a jewel in the roughBlakes7 is a jewel in the roughBlakes7 is a jewel in the roughBlakes7 is a jewel in the roughBlakes7 is a jewel in the rough

cant wait to see it im thinking of a springer for my iron 883 bloody expensive but looks sexy.
im just curious how they handle and ride never ridden a springer before.
go get that bike and make it yours dude.
rock on !!
if the fiancee is freakin make sure you put a little seat on it for her
Know Thy Hog