The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Get Lowered Sportster  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up) For 2007 and above Sportsters

Members Birthdays
Speedway Instruments
Foxcreek Leather
Lowbrow Customs
Superbrace.com

Dead Creek Cycles

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th January 2012
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: 48
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
48ster has a spectacular aura about48ster has a spectacular aura about48ster has a spectacular aura about48ster has a spectacular aura about48ster has a spectacular aura about48ster has a spectacular aura about48ster has a spectacular aura about48ster has a spectacular aura about48ster has a spectacular aura about48ster has a spectacular aura about48ster has a spectacular aura about

[/url][/IMG]
Old 12th January 2012
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Year: 2012
Sportster/Buell Model #2: FLD Switchback
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2012
Other Motorcycle Year: 1979
CrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to behold

Can we get some close ups of how its mounted, etc? Looks good.
Old 12th January 2012
Know It All

48ster has a spectacular aura about48ster has a spectacular aura about48ster has a spectacular aura about48ster has a spectacular aura about48ster has a spectacular aura about48ster has a spectacular aura about48ster has a spectacular aura about48ster has a spectacular aura about48ster has a spectacular aura about48ster has a spectacular aura about48ster has a spectacular aura about

Old 12th January 2012
Know It All

I still have to paint the fender braces,just waiting on whenever i weld up the hole in the fender and paint it all then
Old 12th January 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: Forty Eight
sporty4t8 will become famous soon enoughsporty4t8 will become famous soon enoughsporty4t8 will become famous soon enoughsporty4t8 will become famous soon enoughsporty4t8 will become famous soon enoughsporty4t8 will become famous soon enough

Do you think this could be done while maintaining the fender struts? I won't be cutting the frame apart, but would love to still drop the fender to the wheel.. Did you fab up fender mounts yourself? Also, is that the only place they're mounted to the swing arm or is there another mount somewhere by the ECM or closer to the front of the tire?

Old 12th January 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

sporty4t8 will become famous soon enoughsporty4t8 will become famous soon enoughsporty4t8 will become famous soon enoughsporty4t8 will become famous soon enoughsporty4t8 will become famous soon enoughsporty4t8 will become famous soon enough

I'm just realizing that lowering the fender is going to mess with the seat too...especially because I have a mustang tripper seat...going to have to re-think this whole thing and if it is even possible to keep the tender struts, lower the fender and maintain the connecting points for the seat...time to start tearing things apart I guess!!
Old 12th January 2012
Know It All

Yes I made the struts. You could maybe roll the fender forward and cut it but dropping it and swingarm mounting I dont think can be done with your seat. As you can see there is a BIG gap between the fender and my seat now. I gotta get a new seat but havent found a solo seat I really like just yet. That is the only place its is mounted and there is a little shake to it at idle but i like it. Once on the throttle the rear fender looks nice and solid with no vibration.
Old 13th January 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Is that the stock seat on there or something different? How is it currently mounted? Did you fab something up or using the stock post?
Old 13th January 2012
Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH Hugger
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLN Iron
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2009
PLEG1972 will become famous soon enoughPLEG1972 will become famous soon enoughPLEG1972 will become famous soon enoughPLEG1972 will become famous soon enoughPLEG1972 will become famous soon enoughPLEG1972 will become famous soon enoughPLEG1972 will become famous soon enoughPLEG1972 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporty4t8 View Post
I'm just realizing that lowering the fender is going to mess with the seat too...especially because I have a mustang tripper seat...going to have to re-think this whole thing and if it is even possible to keep the tender struts, lower the fender and maintain the connecting points for the seat...time to start tearing things apart I guess!!
I'm not sure what it will look like but you could lower the fender and attach the Dyna "Rigid Solo Rack 52796-09" and you should be able to use the detachable seat once you figure how to mount the rack.

Old 13th January 2012
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 Forty Eight
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
Japexican is on a distinguished roadJapexican is on a distinguished roadJapexican is on a distinguished road

http://youtu.be/V2zr5FPaQ9Y

Hola Everyone....just got back from Iraq on 21 Dec (Good to be back)...and finally began working on my bike again. Put the link on top of it, check it out and let me know what you think! Hope everyone is getting some riding time this winter? Being station in ND...sucks...waiting for the snow to melt. Well....talk to everyone later. Japexican!
Know Thy Hog