The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Energy One Clutches  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up) For 2007 and above Sportsters

Members Birthdays
motobraz, dwr302, xlchjoe (60), rider31 (54), Viper (42), KJcrownRRdriver (42), krafty (38), EezyE (37), SmokeyXL (34)
Get Lowered
Figure Machine
Lowbrow Customs
Lowbrow Customs

Lowbrow Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th March 2012
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 Forty Eight
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
Japexican is on a distinguished roadJapexican is on a distinguished roadJapexican is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippster View Post
What all did you do to get them to fit right? I might call him within the week and see if he'll cook me up a set. Thanks man
Hey Tripp...when he originally posted the dimensions...the inside/base part of the handlebars was around 4.5"-5" I think. I made him widen it to 5.5" so it would fit right. Also...just a note...the handlebars didn't come dimpled or knurled. If you need that...he might do that for you. This is the main reason I relocated my switches. Yeah...let me know what comes out of it...kinda curious.
Old 12th March 2012
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 Forty Eight
Japexican is on a distinguished roadJapexican is on a distinguished roadJapexican is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpracing519 View Post
Finally finished all my winter mods! Now its finally time to ride!

Hey cpracing....I still remember when you started posting the pics of the transition from your stock 48. Bike looks great...thanks for always posting pics.
Old 12th March 2012
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Bigeeboo is just really niceBigeeboo is just really niceBigeeboo is just really niceBigeeboo is just really niceBigeeboo is just really niceBigeeboo is just really niceBigeeboo is just really niceBigeeboo is just really niceBigeeboo is just really niceBigeeboo is just really niceBigeeboo is just really nice

Quote:
Hey just a few questions for you man,
First off is that the 3.8 or 2.6 tank. Second, can you at least tuck or hide the wires decently or is there no room to work underthere.

And maybe a few more pics
its a 3.4 I believe and it has a higher cap too, no this is properly frisco'd so I cant stuff anything under, which I like cuz now I HAVE to wire internally

check my thread out if you'd like http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s...1383356&page=4
Old 12th March 2012
Chief Harley Engineer

Bigeeboo is just really niceBigeeboo is just really niceBigeeboo is just really niceBigeeboo is just really niceBigeeboo is just really niceBigeeboo is just really niceBigeeboo is just really niceBigeeboo is just really niceBigeeboo is just really niceBigeeboo is just really niceBigeeboo is just really nice

damn you guys are makin those 48s look great
Old 12th March 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Forty Eight
Trippster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigeeboo View Post
its a 3.4 I believe and it has a higher cap too, no this is properly frisco'd so I cant stuff anything under, which I like cuz now I HAVE to wire internally

check my thread out if you'd like http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s...1383356&page=4
Dang Idk if I have the cunning to wire my stuff inside the backbone, that sounds like a huge pain What do you think? I need a bigger tank for sturgis this year and this is one option, or I could go for a nightster tank which i dont really want to do. Is it something that is conquerable?
Know Thy Hog

Old 12th March 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Forty Eight
Trippster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japexican View Post
Hey Tripp...when he originally posted the dimensions...the inside/base part of the handlebars was around 4.5"-5" I think. I made him widen it to 5.5" so it would fit right. Also...just a note...the handlebars didn't come dimpled or knurled. If you need that...he might do that for you. This is the main reason I relocated my switches. Yeah...let me know what comes out of it...kinda curious.
I'll see what I can get figured out because Id like to keep my controls stock. Im going to do some measuring tomorrow and see what I can cook up.
Old 12th March 2012
Dont know nuthin

Sportster/Buell Model: 48
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1975
Other Motorcycle Model: Kawasaki KZ650
Other Motorcycle Year: 1977
Rog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant future

Mods done till next winter. Enjoying the nice weather.

Old 12th March 2012
Chief Harley Engineer

Quote:
Dang Idk if I have the cunning to wire my stuff inside the backbone, that sounds like a huge pain What do you think? I need a bigger tank for sturgis this year and this is one option, or I could go for a nightster tank which i dont really want to do. Is it something that is conquerable?
oh well you dont have to get this tank frisco'd, I chose it cuz i love the backbone and have a nice gap in there, but honestly wiring in the frame is just really time consuming, check out cosmos thread on it and read up before you decide
Old 12th March 2012
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster Forty Eight
Sportster/Buell Year: 2012
dmraco is a glorious beacon of lightdmraco is a glorious beacon of lightdmraco is a glorious beacon of lightdmraco is a glorious beacon of lightdmraco is a glorious beacon of lightdmraco is a glorious beacon of lightdmraco is a glorious beacon of lightdmraco is a glorious beacon of lightdmraco is a glorious beacon of lightdmraco is a glorious beacon of lightdmraco is a glorious beacon of light

MY 1st official Mod to my 48.

Kuruakyn Air cleaner.

Pipes and dynojet PowerVision in the next few days.
Old 12th March 2012
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200X Forty Eight
cpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japexican View Post
Hey cpracing....I still remember when you started posting the pics of the transition from your stock 48. Bike looks great...thanks for always posting pics.
No problem, I love adding updated pictures on here!
Now that it's finally warming up here in Michigan I might be able to get the bike out of the garage. Finally will be able to ride it and gets some outdoor pictures later this week!

2010 Slacker Garage Shop (SgS) built Forty Eight
Know Thy Hog