The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lowbrow Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up) For 2007 and above Sportsters

Members Birthdays
jojo, 5lv (66), BobbyB (60), BigBrotherWatching (52), black1200r (45), Jnomad72 (42), michigan113 (39), xl1200c (33)
Figure Machine
Bison Motorsports
Foxcreek Leather
DK Customs

Bison Motorsports

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th June 2012
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200X Forty Eight
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
cpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud of

If your talking about the center Sparto taillight on the fender, its just a red taillight only. It's from Licks Cycles. I use it as a running light only.My side license plate holder is stock off the 48 and it has a white light that lights up the plate. I have Alloy Art fender strut LED's mounted on the end of the strut frames that are my brake lights and blinkers.

Old 12th June 2012
Senior Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: xl883c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
darkdesign is a splendid one to beholddarkdesign is a splendid one to beholddarkdesign is a splendid one to beholddarkdesign is a splendid one to beholddarkdesign is a splendid one to beholddarkdesign is a splendid one to beholddarkdesign is a splendid one to beholddarkdesign is a splendid one to beholddarkdesign is a splendid one to beholddarkdesign is a splendid one to beholddarkdesign is a splendid one to behold

thanks heaps for the info, i was hoping to run as a brake light, and mount the lic. plate under it where you've got 'sucker punched' but i need to have a white light illum. the plate to keep 50 off me. The search continues.....
Old 12th June 2012
Land Speed Record

cpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud ofcpracing519 has much to be proud of

Not sure if any Sparto lights have a white light/lens included. I know my Sparto light sheds enough light though to light up the plate if you had a plate mounted to it, it would be red though. I had the Sparto light as brake/running light last year when i had my stock taillights/blinkers on but then went to the LED's and decided to make them the blinkers and brake lights. I didn't want the LED's on all the time as running lights.
Old 12th June 2012
Senior Chief Know It All

darkdesign is a splendid one to beholddarkdesign is a splendid one to beholddarkdesign is a splendid one to beholddarkdesign is a splendid one to beholddarkdesign is a splendid one to beholddarkdesign is a splendid one to beholddarkdesign is a splendid one to beholddarkdesign is a splendid one to beholddarkdesign is a splendid one to beholddarkdesign is a splendid one to beholddarkdesign is a splendid one to behold

i'd prefer to do it the way you have, but want to keep the bike road legal, less headaches.
Old 12th June 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Buell XB12Scg
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
misternikko is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpracing519 View Post
If your talking about the center Sparto taillight on the fender, its just a red taillight only. It's from Licks Cycles. I use it as a running light only.My side license plate holder is stock off the 48 and it has a white light that lights up the plate. I have Alloy Art fender strut LED's mounted on the end of the strut frames that are my brake lights and blinkers.

Those strut LEDs are awesome!! Do they fit the strut without cutting it like you did? Are they easy to wire up?
Know Thy Hog

Old 12th June 2012
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: 48 (XL1200X)
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Sportster Hardtail
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1994
Sportster Spence is a jewel in the roughSportster Spence is a jewel in the roughSportster Spence is a jewel in the roughSportster Spence is a jewel in the roughSportster Spence is a jewel in the roughSportster Spence is a jewel in the roughSportster Spence is a jewel in the roughSportster Spence is a jewel in the roughSportster Spence is a jewel in the roughSportster Spence is a jewel in the roughSportster Spence is a jewel in the rough

I've got a Sparto light on my 48 with the plate mounted to it, I used litz n bolts to mount the plate thus solving the problem!
Old 12th June 2012
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200X "48"
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
YOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdesign View Post
i'd prefer to do it the way you have, but want to keep the bike road legal, less headaches.

Just use a set of these...They're license plate bolts with a little white LED in them. Pretty clean and will light up your plate as required.

Old 12th June 2012
Land Speed Record

yep, the led strut lights mount onto the back of the strut plates. They are a 2 wire set up. you just run the wires to the turn signal module that is under the seat. I cut the ends off of my strut plates so I could run the wires more internally. You don't have to cut them though to mount them up.
Old 13th June 2012
Senior Chief Know It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOURADHERE View Post
Just use a set of these...They're license plate bolts with a little white LED in them. Pretty clean and will light up your plate as required.

thanks guys, i can't believe i didn't remember those myself!!
Old 14th June 2012
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200X
Other Motorcycle Model: FLHR
Other Motorcycle Year: 2009
RDK09 is just really niceRDK09 is just really niceRDK09 is just really niceRDK09 is just really niceRDK09 is just really niceRDK09 is just really niceRDK09 is just really niceRDK09 is just really niceRDK09 is just really niceRDK09 is just really niceRDK09 is just really nice

Cleaned up the wifes 48, one last mod she wants is the mini apes, which are hangin in the garage waitin on funds for the cables!