The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Biltwell  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > GENERAL AREA > Off-Topic/General Discussion
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Off-Topic/General Discussion Here is you can submit non-Sportster related topics. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION PLEASE.

Members Birthdays
Foxcreek Leather
Motor Stage
Energy One Clutches
Energy One Clutches

RYCA Motors

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st May 2010
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
my1200 is a jewel in the roughmy1200 is a jewel in the roughmy1200 is a jewel in the roughmy1200 is a jewel in the roughmy1200 is a jewel in the roughmy1200 is a jewel in the roughmy1200 is a jewel in the roughmy1200 is a jewel in the roughmy1200 is a jewel in the roughmy1200 is a jewel in the roughmy1200 is a jewel in the rough
Default Can't believe what I saw today

I wish I couldve taken a pic.
Here's the scenario.
Busy Philadelphia street around noon. Traffic is pretty heavy. Average speed 35-40 between lights. Lights are on average 1/8 to 1/4 mile apart with a multitude of side streets and driveway exits from stores and strip malls.
The kind of street you don't enjoy riding on.
Then a spot some young idiot riding his scooter, radio blaring rap music, no helmet and all the while yapping on his cell phone!!!!
This guy has gotta have a death wish!!
The sad thing is, some poor shmuck like me, being carefully and safe is the one who'll end up getting hit by a cager.
Sorry for the long rant, I just had to share it.
And for those familiar with Philadelphia, the street was bustleton avenue.
Old 21st May 2010
Senior Master Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: roadking classic
Sportster/Buell Year: 01
bud095 has disabled reputation

young idiot riding his scooter, radio blaring rap music, no helmet and all the while yapping on his cell phone!!!! thats the kind of guy who will end up killing someone and get away with it
Old 21st May 2010
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200c
Sportster/Buell Year: 05
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda XR250r
Other Motorcycle Year: 90
floorit is a splendid one to beholdfloorit is a splendid one to beholdfloorit is a splendid one to beholdfloorit is a splendid one to beholdfloorit is a splendid one to beholdfloorit is a splendid one to beholdfloorit is a splendid one to beholdfloorit is a splendid one to beholdfloorit is a splendid one to beholdfloorit is a splendid one to beholdfloorit is a splendid one to behold

I'm an inteligent design kinda guy, but stuff like that will make you believe in evolution. At very least that Darwin wasn't all wrong.
Old 21st May 2010
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH1100
Sportster/Buell Year: 1987
FatboyLen is a jewel in the roughFatboyLen is a jewel in the roughFatboyLen is a jewel in the roughFatboyLen is a jewel in the roughFatboyLen is a jewel in the roughFatboyLen is a jewel in the roughFatboyLen is a jewel in the roughFatboyLen is a jewel in the roughFatboyLen is a jewel in the roughFatboyLen is a jewel in the roughFatboyLen is a jewel in the rough

It's amazing that any moron can buy a scooter and jump on it and go. They aren't required to have eye protection or a helmet. Don't know how many times I've seen kids on them trying to race each other and treating them like a toy. I can't stand having one ahead of me at a stop light, they have no get up and go, so I get on it and pass them.
Old 22nd May 2010
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: xlh
Sportster/Buell Year: 1979
Other Motorcycle Model: fxstc
Other Motorcycle Year: 1999
SirAsh will become famous soon enoughSirAsh will become famous soon enoughSirAsh will become famous soon enoughSirAsh will become famous soon enoughSirAsh will become famous soon enoughSirAsh will become famous soon enoughSirAsh will become famous soon enough

where on bustleton? I've seen stuff like that up by roosevelt mall, people are dumb
Know Thy Hog

Old 22nd May 2010
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200c
Sportster/Buell Year: 05
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda XR250r
Other Motorcycle Year: 90
floorit is a splendid one to beholdfloorit is a splendid one to beholdfloorit is a splendid one to beholdfloorit is a splendid one to beholdfloorit is a splendid one to beholdfloorit is a splendid one to beholdfloorit is a splendid one to beholdfloorit is a splendid one to beholdfloorit is a splendid one to beholdfloorit is a splendid one to beholdfloorit is a splendid one to behold

I saw 3 kids, 2 on scooters, and one on a shadow all three lined up at a stop sign 3 abreast. They looked like they thought they were THE SHIT. Oldest one might have been 17.
Old 22nd May 2010
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
my1200 is a jewel in the roughmy1200 is a jewel in the roughmy1200 is a jewel in the roughmy1200 is a jewel in the roughmy1200 is a jewel in the roughmy1200 is a jewel in the roughmy1200 is a jewel in the roughmy1200 is a jewel in the roughmy1200 is a jewel in the roughmy1200 is a jewel in the roughmy1200 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAsh View Post
where on bustleton? I've seen stuff like that up by roosevelt mall, people are dumb
Yup, right at the mall. I first saw him around Solly, he turned at Tyson.
Old 22nd May 2010
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: xlh
Sportster/Buell Year: 1979
Other Motorcycle Model: fxstc
Other Motorcycle Year: 1999
SirAsh will become famous soon enoughSirAsh will become famous soon enoughSirAsh will become famous soon enoughSirAsh will become famous soon enoughSirAsh will become famous soon enoughSirAsh will become famous soon enoughSirAsh will become famous soon enough

people around the mall are idiots, I think it might be a requirement to drive near it, that's why I won't take cottman home, I've almost been hit too many times there and near ne high by people not looking and on cell phones