The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lickscycles  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > GENERAL AREA > Memorials
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Memorials We have all lost someone close to us at least once in our lives. Here you can post a memorial to the ones close to you that are now riding forever in the wind.

Any inappropriate remarks in this topic area will be grounds for permanent banning.

Members Birthdays
Lickscycles
Get Lowered
Progressive Suspension
Biltwell

Lowbrow Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th August 2007
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883-1250
Sportster/Buell Year: 1999
Other Motorcycle Model: 600cc CBR
Other Motorcycle Year: 1987
Weo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to all
Default Gone but not forgotten...

One of my best friends, Roman, passed away about 3 years ago. I never had a brother, but I considered him one. We were friends since freshman year, highschool.

Roman was always the life of the party, and made any time a good time. Roman taught me how to ride while visiting me in college, and I never stopped since. After I bought my first bike, we would ride everywhere. He was an avid HD fan, and convinced me to get the Sportster that I cherish to this day.

Roman loved his daughter more than anything in the world, my goddaughter, Naomi. I never visited Roman's grave, as I told myself I would ride up on my bike to say hello again. Recently, his daughter Naomi visited WI for her cousin's Quinceanera. I had not seen her since she was 18 months old, almost 10 years ago. As she had not been to Roman's grave either, we visited together with Roman's mother and nephew Owen (who Roman never had the chance to meet).

Thank you, Roman, for being my friend and my brother, in heart if not in blood.

Roman's urn was layed to rest in his grandma's arms, as they passed within days of eachother.

Pics:

Roman at the HD 95th in Milwaukee (I was taking the pictures). Roman enjoying his ride, and giving me a ride back from the beach (about 10 years ago).

Naomi (Roman's daughter), Owen (Roman's nephew), and me.
Old 27th August 2007
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: SXL883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Rascal has disabled reputation

Weo, sorry about the loss of your close friend. In today's world, many tend to forget the most important things in life, family & friends. Glad you remembered.
Old 27th August 2007
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200S
Sportster/Buell Year: 1997
jrossty is just really nicejrossty is just really nicejrossty is just really nicejrossty is just really nicejrossty is just really nicejrossty is just really nicejrossty is just really nicejrossty is just really nicejrossty is just really nicejrossty is just really nicejrossty is just really nice

Reading your story of your close friend/brother reminds me that in our lives we have so few good, close friends that we keep in touch with over the years. It really helps to put things in perspective when reading what you wrote...
so, thanks for your words, it reminds me to cherish those friends and family that I keep close.

"Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"