The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum MOTOSPORT  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up) For 2007 and above Sportsters

Bison Motorsports
S&S Cycle
Biltwell
Get Lowered

Lickscycles

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th June 2010
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200l
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
mattymofro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default short levers

anybody know where you could get short levers from thanks
Old 10th June 2010
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 1986
Sportster/Buell Model #2: buell 04 XB12R
hansonpatt is on a distinguished roadhansonpatt is on a distinguished road

A buddy of mine got some kuryakyn trigger levers that are closer to the grips,If that is what you mean by shorter.They felt pretty comfortable to me.
Old 10th June 2010
Super Moderator

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 883L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CB350 Cafe Style
Other Motorcycle Year: 1970
khaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud of

Unless some company just developed new levers, there are no short levers available for "Rubbermount" Sportsters (2004 - 2010). Grips are the only thing you can change that will affect the reach to the levers.

2006 883L
AN Big Sucker Stage 1
Rejetted Carb: Slow 45, Main 175
Vance & Hines Side Shots
Flat Track bars, 4" Joker Machine Risers
Joker Machine Speedo Mount
Speedway Instrument MicroTach
Mid Controls
Lepera Daytona Sport or Lepera Bare Bones Solo
Black Progressive 412 12.5" shocks
Progressive Fork Springs
Knock-off SE Fork Brace
Chopped Rear Fender
Custom Taillight

Ol' Greasy Karl of the Spirit Stalkers MC
Outlaw Name Generator

XLForum Business Card Template

BEFORE YOU CLIMB ON YOUR MOTORCYCLE, CHECK THAT THE NUT THAT CONNECTS THE HANDLEBAR TO THE SEAT IS NEITHER TOO TIGHT NOR TOO LOOSE.
Old 10th June 2010
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1250S
Sportster/Buell Year: 1998
steelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond repute

Oberon make adjustable-span levers. I fitted a set, and they feel good in the hand. I find the clutch lever cannot be adjusted much closer to the bars than stock before the clutch will start grabbing; but I do run the brake lever considerably closer to the handlebar.
Old 10th June 2010
Super Moderator

khaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelworker View Post
Oberon make adjustable-span levers. I fitted a set, and they feel good in the hand. I find the clutch lever cannot be adjusted much closer to the bars than stock before the clutch will start grabbing; but I do run the brake lever considerably closer to the handlebar.
This level will not work with Rubbermount Sportsters.
Know Thy Hog

Old 10th June 2010
I think I like Sportsters

Sportster/Buell Model: 883L (sorta)
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: XR1200X
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
Screw Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond reputeScrew Loose Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaskins View Post
Why not? Funnythebunny has them on his wife's Nightster, see around post 35 of this thread.

Old 10th June 2010
Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH Hugger
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLN Iron
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2009
PLEG1972 will become famous soon enoughPLEG1972 will become famous soon enoughPLEG1972 will become famous soon enoughPLEG1972 will become famous soon enoughPLEG1972 will become famous soon enoughPLEG1972 will become famous soon enoughPLEG1972 will become famous soon enoughPLEG1972 will become famous soon enough

The only thing that will be affected my changing them out is the "switch" for the clutch correct? Does that switch do anything other that stop your bike from starting in gear?
Old 10th June 2010
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

steelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelworker View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screw Loose Dan View Post
Why not? Funnythebunny has them on his wife's Nightster, see around post 35 of this thread.
Yes, they will. You just have to tell Oberon what year the bike is when you order.
Old 10th June 2010
Super Moderator

Just realized they will fit. I thought I remember someone else saying that they didn't fit.
Old 10th June 2010
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Quote:
Just realized they will fit. I thought I remember someone else saying that they didn't fit.
You may be thinking of me - when I ordered them, I neglected to mention the year of my bike (I didn't know at the time that HD had even changed the levers for rubbermounts, I was excited, the guy from Oberon was excited because they were the first pair they'd sold, etc), and Oberon guessed wrong on which ones to send me.
Know Thy Hog