The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > GENERAL AREA > Off-Topic/General Discussion
XLF Portal Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Sidebar Off
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Off-Topic/General Discussion Here is you can submit non-Sportster related topics. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION PLEASE.

Members Birthdays
Mr. Lynn (70), OWNED13 (43), Malicious44 (31)
Main Menu
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd March 2008
Riding with Angels

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 C Black & Silver
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Mr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of lightMr Jimi is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning ?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FyPtqvaKAfU&NR=1

Making a F-550 Pick Up Thread
We are not near but we are close !
Amanda Overmyer Rocks !!
Dear Eliot
Eye Xray Here
Old 2nd March 2008
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH 883/1200
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1995
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDBI
Other Motorcycle Year: 06
Horse is a splendid one to beholdHorse is a splendid one to beholdHorse is a splendid one to beholdHorse is a splendid one to beholdHorse is a splendid one to beholdHorse is a splendid one to beholdHorse is a splendid one to beholdHorse is a splendid one to beholdHorse is a splendid one to beholdHorse is a splendid one to beholdHorse is a splendid one to behold

I was on the job, just setting up when I heard it on the radio, thought it was a joke, kept changing channels on the radio, then the second plane hit. Sat there listening to the radio in shock, then the radio reported the weird radio chatter from united airlines flight 93 that turned around above cleveland that the passengers forced to crash before it reached it's target. It's a good thing I'm not in charge of WMD's because that day the middle east would have turned to glass.
Old 2nd March 2008
Drag Race Champion

Gone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this point

Too many have already forgotten.
Old 2nd March 2008
Senior Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
unfiguroutable is a jewel in the roughunfiguroutable is a jewel in the roughunfiguroutable is a jewel in the roughunfiguroutable is a jewel in the roughunfiguroutable is a jewel in the roughunfiguroutable is a jewel in the roughunfiguroutable is a jewel in the roughunfiguroutable is a jewel in the roughunfiguroutable is a jewel in the roughunfiguroutable is a jewel in the roughunfiguroutable is a jewel in the rough
Default sleeping

I worked night check . my wife woke me up at 1100. I was on a ton of narcotics (root canal). didnt seem real. watching the second tower fall I remember saying to my wife "looks like I'm going back to Iraq."
Old 2nd March 2008
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Davemandu is on a distinguished roadDavemandu is on a distinguished roadDavemandu is on a distinguished road

I was a week away from divorcing my best friend-we hadn't spoke in months. Sept 10th we had a chance meeting, drank a bottle of Jim Beam for the courage to say the things we needed to say and spent the night together deciding to make it work. I watched the world stand still the next morning through a massive haze of a hangover on a tv at work. Its still as real today as it was then. Things changed, my best friend is still my best friend, we have a marriage better than ever and cherish every single day together. Sounds corny I know, especially coming from me. But it's real and it grounds me and brings me back to earth when i think about it. it makes me remember that life is fatal, noone gets out alive and noone knows when their last day is-so dont forget to cherish the ones close and never forget to tell them how you feel because you never know when it will be the last chance you get.
Old 2nd March 2008
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: xl1218rr turbo
Sportster/Buell Year: 1993
rottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond repute

I was at work in the General Motors Distribution center in Memphis. Fortunately I am in management so I could watch everythingtranspire on T.V. I blieve we closed shop early that day.
Spoiled but definitely not rotten. Started life as a black 1993, 1200 Now-1218, Home ported 2009 FI heads, Andrews N6 cams, Dyna2Ki, JMC aluminum swingarm, Chainsikle custom mid forward controls, GBC inverted front end, 3 degree wide-glide trees and 5 degree raked cups. 18x3.5 fatspoke rear with 150/60 and 21x3.5 with 120/70. [IMG]http://xlforum.net/photopost/watermark.php?file=55680&size=1[/IMG]
Old 2nd March 2008
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: gone
Sportster/Buell Year: 05
Quebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond repute

I was sleeping in Windsor, Ontario. I had crossed the border 5 hours before they closed the Border.

I was awakened by a dispatcher calling to tell me to avoid the border.
When I asked why, he told me to find a TV then just go home.

I think most of our company had the rest of the week off because while the border wasn't officially closed, nobody could get in to the States.

Even if I was not anywhere close to any of the crashes, even if I did not know any of the victims, even if I am not an American, that day affected my life in a big way.

I am a truck driver that crosses the Canada-USA border usually twice a week and that day changed everything we knew about cross-border trucking.
From 9-11 to at least 2004-5, crossing the border with a truck would take anywhere between 4 hours and 18hrs.

For the past 2 years, it has become more "reasonable".
Old 2nd March 2008
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Scout99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I was in...

...Dong Du Chon, Korea. Had just wrapped-up things for the day and headed to my hooch to relax with a cold frosty. Shortly after arriving at my hooch, received a call from the duty desk..watched it live (2d tower) for a few minutes and we then spun-up from there. Had troopers on the wire within 2 hours and stayed that way a good 3 months until we gradually lowered the force protection level. I remember one of my boys saying he wasn't confident with "Billy" walking around garrison with a loaded weapon...my response was "you better instill some confidence in "Billy" 'cuz this ain't gonna end anytime soon".

May God rest those poor souls who were victims of a hateful few.
Old 2nd March 2008
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 Custom
Hot Rod Sporty has much to be proud ofHot Rod Sporty has much to be proud ofHot Rod Sporty has much to be proud ofHot Rod Sporty has much to be proud ofHot Rod Sporty has much to be proud ofHot Rod Sporty has much to be proud ofHot Rod Sporty has much to be proud ofHot Rod Sporty has much to be proud ofHot Rod Sporty has much to be proud ofHot Rod Sporty has much to be proud ofHot Rod Sporty has much to be proud of

In the Melrose hotel in Dallas holding a meeting. My ex-wife called and I answered 'cause we were having issues with our daughter. I walked out and found a TV just in time to watch the second plane hit... I got everyone else out in front of the TV just about the time the first tower fell...

Ended the meeting and send everyone home, except the guy from Arizona. It took him 3 days to leave dallas and he only did so because he found someone who had managed to get a rental car and was driving to California, so he hitched a ride...

Then, like everyone else, I spent the next week in front of the TV, watching it over and over again....it didn't seem real until I went to NYC and saw the hole for myself...

....so why are we fighting in Iraq, again????
Godspeed brother.[/B]

[B]"I just love the 'mechanicalness' of it"[/B]
--Indian Larry Desmedt[/SIZE]
Sponsored Links
Old 2nd March 2008
Post no Avatars!

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200S
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1972
Other Motorcycle Model: XLH-883D
Other Motorcycle Year: 1988
decman has a reputation beyond reputedecman has a reputation beyond reputedecman has a reputation beyond reputedecman has a reputation beyond reputedecman has a reputation beyond reputedecman has a reputation beyond reputedecman has a reputation beyond reputedecman has a reputation beyond reputedecman has a reputation beyond reputedecman has a reputation beyond reputedecman has a reputation beyond repute

I was at work in NJ, We could see the NYC sky line from our building.
We thought it was a small plane at first. You could mostly see just the
smoke.

Lost a friend that day in the WTC.
Rest in Peace Dave