The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Energy One Clutches  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders Discuss Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders problems, advice, and/or how tos.

Members Birthdays
Zanzibar, stvmike (60), Leroywulf (56), Erik (53), SoCal Harley (48), drew96 (36), Reverend_d (34)
Motor Stage
DK Customs
NRHS Performance Long 2
Lowbrow Customs

Get Lowered

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st September 2007
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Thumper26 is a jewel in the roughThumper26 is a jewel in the roughThumper26 is a jewel in the roughThumper26 is a jewel in the roughThumper26 is a jewel in the roughThumper26 is a jewel in the roughThumper26 is a jewel in the roughThumper26 is a jewel in the roughThumper26 is a jewel in the roughThumper26 is a jewel in the roughThumper26 is a jewel in the rough
Default Pull-Back Risers for '05 Roadster?

Has anybody swapped out their stock handlebar risers for some pull-back risers (3" to 4-1/2")? I am wondering if such risers can be installed without increasing the lengths of any cables or wiring.

Thanks in advance.
Old 21st September 2007
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1250R Hammer Performance
Sportster/Buell Year: 05
leo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to behold

i changed my risers and put drag bars on... did not change my cables... you would have to extend the wires if you want to mount your gauges on the risers...
Old 21st September 2007
Biker

Thumper26 is a jewel in the roughThumper26 is a jewel in the roughThumper26 is a jewel in the roughThumper26 is a jewel in the roughThumper26 is a jewel in the roughThumper26 is a jewel in the roughThumper26 is a jewel in the roughThumper26 is a jewel in the roughThumper26 is a jewel in the roughThumper26 is a jewel in the roughThumper26 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo View Post
i changed my risers and put drag bars on... did not change my cables... you would have to extend the wires if you want to mount your gauges on the risers...
Leo,

What length/height risers did you change to?

Thanks...

Thumper26
Old 21st September 2007
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1250R Hammer Performance
Sportster/Buell Year: 05
leo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to beholdleo is a splendid one to behold

i think they are the 4 1/2 pullback risers...
Old 21st September 2007
Biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo View Post
i think they are the 4 1/2 pullback risers...
Thanks for the info!
Know Thy Hog