The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Foxcreek Leather  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems For discussing problems about your Sportster motorcycle that don't fit anywhere else.

Members Birthdays
flashedwards (64), Reeky (62), feets (61), Eastern Shore XL (59), beeman07, Ironhead Zombie (43), pilot (40), Rik (40), joker13 (39), naturegirl77 (34), oliver81 (33), walkingblind
Licks Holiday
NRHS Performance Long 2
Fix My Hog
Lowbrow Customs

Speedway Instruments

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th July 2010
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R again!
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Doc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud of
Default "Cap'n there be Sportys here!" lots of pics!

Ok, pardon the play on the movie quote but today was the "ride in" bike show at Sun HD in Thornton, CO (north Denver suburb). I was pleasantly surprised that there were a fair number of Sportsters. The show was billed as a "custom" bike show so I did not take pics of the few bikes entered that were stock w/the exception of chrome stick on parts or front fenders removed.

Sun has 2 stores, HD is one-Honda/Kawasaki and something else is another. They are the oldest HD dealer in Colorado. The show was in the parking lot between the 2 stores.

Lots of pics, I give info on the bikes when I was able to get it, enjoy!

Sportys:

1988, my favorite of the Sportsters there:

Last edited by Doc45; 18th July 2010 at 08:39..
Old 17th July 2010
Senior Master Bolter Oner

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL883R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2003
Brad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond repute

Great pics! What was the I4 chop, a Honda?
Old 17th July 2010

Doc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud of

'95 Buell

Not sure what year, the owner of this one actually runs it at a small flat track north of town that has races either once or twice a month:

1973 Norton 850 Commando, not restored, 3rd owner, Dunstall factory pipes:

One wicked custom, 130" S&S race motor, owner said it took 6 months to do the paint alone:

Old 17th July 2010
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 05
merc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc45 View Post
Also what is the piston like part that is sticking out the side of the fork bracket?
Old 17th July 2010

That chop is a 650 Kawasaki:

Not sure what this is, hard tail frame, the guy rode it to Sturgis last year from the Denver area:

This belongs to one of the guys at the dealership but I couldn't find out any info, sorry:

Original 1948 Indian:

Last edited by Doc45; 17th July 2010 at 20:37..
Know Thy Hog

Old 17th July 2010

A couple of old Kawasakis, different owners. First up 1980 Z1-R, all original, from Tulsa, the current owner even had the 1/4 mile time print outs from the original owner:

[I

This is a turbo charged 1000, original owner, used to work at the Kawasaki shop, 1981:

Old 17th July 2010
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Turbota is just really niceTurbota is just really niceTurbota is just really niceTurbota is just really niceTurbota is just really niceTurbota is just really niceTurbota is just really niceTurbota is just really niceTurbota is just really niceTurbota is just really niceTurbota is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc View Post
Also what is the piston like part that is sticking out the side of the fork bracket?

Steering Stabilizer (aka: Steering Damper)

http://shindypro.com/catalog/each_q_model.key15.html

http://www.nxsparts.com/catalog/m19/...duct_info.html

NRHS Stage 2 Heads / NRHS 10.5-1 Thunderstorm Pistons / Zipper's 567 Cams / Mikuni HSR42 Carb
RevTech Roller Rockers / Andrews Adj. Pushrods / RB Racing 2-1 Exhaust / Twin Tec TC88A Ignition
Old 17th July 2010

Glides:

Not sure:
Old 17th July 2010

Stunt rider Kane Friesen, seemed like a nice kid. Was having problems with how his bike was running but still did some way cool stuff. All in all not a bad way to spend a crazy hot day (near or at 100!) though I did loose my favorite ball cap (it was velcroed to the grab strap on my seat) on my way up. A little souvenir from a friend's trip to A'stan-tan w/subdued flag, name tag strip on the back and IR patch on top. Damn, I really liked that hat.

Sorry I didn't respond to some of the questions, I was continuing to post more pics, hope you all enjoyed them.
Old 17th July 2010
I am the great Cornholio!

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki GT550
Other Motorcycle Year: 1974
ParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond reputeParrotHead has a reputation beyond repute

Cool pics. Thanks for sharing

"The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live." -George Carlin

"So what else is on your mind besides hundred-proof women, 'n' ninety-proof whiskey, 'n' fourteen-carat gold?" Lee Marvin - "The Professionals"

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne - "The Shootist"

I wasn't selling moonshine. I was just holding a package for a man in exchange for $80 and didn't even know what was in it. - Daycare owner in Charlotte NC
Know Thy Hog