The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Biltwell  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems For discussing problems about your Sportster motorcycle that don't fit anywhere else.

Members Birthdays
Cherrylady2 (58), kkbii (51), Cholo, Quebeker, poboy_27 (43), jay 21 (41), Matt-04-883 (40), timhypo (39), harleybuell2000 (38), Biker-Dale (36)
Lickscycles
Energy One Clutches
Figure Machine
Superbrace

DK Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th June 2005
Riding with Angels

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster XLH 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 1988
Jimbo999 is a jewel in the roughJimbo999 is a jewel in the roughJimbo999 is a jewel in the roughJimbo999 is a jewel in the roughJimbo999 is a jewel in the roughJimbo999 is a jewel in the roughJimbo999 is a jewel in the roughJimbo999 is a jewel in the roughJimbo999 is a jewel in the roughJimbo999 is a jewel in the roughJimbo999 is a jewel in the rough
Default OK, I'm Braggin'

A New thread was discussing the trumpets and I saw this pic.
That's where I used to go on the Army MP bikes (XLA's) I rode in '65. ( 1st motorcycle Orgasm ) Ahhhhh, The memories.

Gives me a warm fuzzy tingle thinking about those days.
1. First time out of the parking lot
2. First time across the GG Bridge
3. First time through a tunnel
4. First time up a mountain road.
5. First time on a long ride
ALL IN ONE DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was a grunt stationed at the Presido under the far side of the bridge (pic).
Blue Loctite is your Friend

Last edited by Jimbo999; 25th June 2005 at 00:50..
Old 25th June 2005
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Other Motorcycle Model: Electraglide classic
Other Motorcycle Year: 2000
Y2K has disabled reputation

I've ridden accross the Golden Gate several times over the years and it was shrouded in fog all but one time.
Old San Fran has some strange weather patterns.
It can be sunny and warm on one side of town and cold windy and foggy on the otherside.
It's always a rush riding accross the Golden Gate Bridge though no matter what the weather.
Y2K
Old 25th June 2005
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL standard 883/1200 conv
Bill2 has disabled reputation

Nice bike i bet it's a tq monster! Use to have a '72 3 cyl. trident, lot of memories there too!
'05 Standard 883/1200 touring conversion with: '07 XB heads with 8.8:1 c/r, dragtron II a/c, Caliber 2into1 five step header, rejetted to: 46pilotjet @ two turns,needle clip on 4th groove,185 main jet,twin tech high performance ignition, 30 tooth trans pulley, jagg oil cooler, forward controls, pullback type handle bars,memphis fats windshield, Corbin classic solo seat with back rest, 10" pillion pad, black progressive 412 shocks 12.5" H-D springs, progressive fork springs, vista cruise control, and relocated ignition & coil to a stainless steel home brewed mount between the cylinders. (Temp. runs around 165-180 degrees in town and 180- 210 degrees on the freeway running 70-90mph and it uses no oil in between 3000 mile changes.) GPS calibrated speedometer.
Old 25th June 2005
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Takingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of lightTakingabreak is a glorious beacon of light

I have not ridden across the Golden Gate on bike, but many times in a car.

We have a Nice bridge to ride over up here, it's a older one, looks like the Golden gate , just smaller and over the Columbia. It two lane and, the driving surfess is a steal grate, so wile you speeding along at 15 MPH, it looks like your riding on air over the Columbia Gorge.
It's called the "Bridge of the Gods" neer The Bonaville Dam, and if you get the chance to ride it, you won't forget it.