The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lowbrow Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE & BUELL MOTORCYCLE FORUM - GENERAL DISCUSSION > Riding with disability
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Riding with disability Discussions on how to ride with minor or major disabilities.

Members Birthdays
RYCA Motors
Biltwell
Progressive Suspension
Lowbrow Customs

Energy One Clutches

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th December 2010
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
philidor1958 is just really nicephilidor1958 is just really nicephilidor1958 is just really nicephilidor1958 is just really nicephilidor1958 is just really nicephilidor1958 is just really nicephilidor1958 is just really nicephilidor1958 is just really nicephilidor1958 is just really nicephilidor1958 is just really nicephilidor1958 is just really nice

I was diagnosed with type II diebetes about 6 months ago. It runs hard in my family as all 3 of my brothers had it and my sister has it and all 13 of my dad's brothers and sister had it. It was just a matter of time for me and my luck ran out about 6 months ago. The doctor told me my weight was fine, but I now need to watch my diet and eat 3 meals a day instead of just one. I am luck because I love veggies, but when I eat a cow has to die. The only time I really feel bad is when my sugar drops below 90, and I know when it is there. I usually try to check my sugar, drink 1/2 of a can of Dr. Pepper, wait 15 minutes and then my sugar will be up. The hardest part about dieabetes is eating 3 meals a day as I prefer to snack all day and eat a hardy supper. Oh I forgot the major weakness I have outside of Dr. Pepper is "Homade Vanilla Ice Cream", damn I love my ice cream.

You have to be smarter than the material object that you are dealing with.
Old 4th August 2011
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: xl 1200r
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Other Motorcycle Model: cb 750 honda
Other Motorcycle Year: 1974
boxcardenny is a jewel in the roughboxcardenny is a jewel in the roughboxcardenny is a jewel in the roughboxcardenny is a jewel in the roughboxcardenny is a jewel in the roughboxcardenny is a jewel in the roughboxcardenny is a jewel in the roughboxcardenny is a jewel in the roughboxcardenny is a jewel in the roughboxcardenny is a jewel in the roughboxcardenny is a jewel in the rough
Default diebetes

got type 1 in 2005 lost 65lbs and was wasting away,i went from 175 to 112 when i drove from AC to pittsburgh on the turnpike and dont rember the ride.i had 50 dollers worth of gateraid bottles all empty,dont have a clue what i did or were i got the gatoraid.my brother in law took me to the hosp were i spent 15 days before i was let go.i still ride dont take long rides,100-200 a day when i go out,dont no how to keep ins cold? THEN AGAIN I ALL WAYS GIT SICK WHEN I TRAVLE!! so any advice wood realey be helpfull.