The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum CV Performance  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up) For 2007 and above Sportsters

Members Birthdays
hawkeye (66), Rigpa (46), petersca (35)
Burly
DK Customs
Bison Motorsports
Figure Machine

Energy One Clutches

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th October 2007
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N-Traded :(
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: Harley Fat Bob
Other Motorcycle Year: 09
el jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really nice
Default Where'd my Sewing Machine Go???

I just finished installing my Cycle Shack Turn-Outs... wow. I know it'll mellow after about 100 miles, but they sound sweet! Deep and throaty. Covers the chatter completely.
Took me a couple hours, but that included a trip to Pep Boys for some tools. Love the look too...
The only negative is that the pipes drag early!
Old 4th October 2007

Sportster/Buell Model: One Off
Sportster/Buell Year: '95
Other Motorcycle Model: Electra Glide Classic
Other Motorcycle Year: '03
Johnny Wolf is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Wolf is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Wolf is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Wolf is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Wolf is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Wolf is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Wolf is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Wolf is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Wolf is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Wolf is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Wolf is a splendid one to behold

Cool man, I have turn outs too, but mine are Krome Werks. I'm sure they sound the same. They are perfect for me not too loud and not too quiet.
Old 4th October 2007
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster (traded)
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Softail Deluxe
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2009
Other Motorcycle Model: Ducati 900 SS
Other Motorcycle Year: 1995
chordstrummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, very cool. I've seen one other black Nightster around town (North Hollywood, I think I was in). Wonder if that might be you.

Just completed the 1k service, and considering options on the exhaust. Man, so many choices.

Did you do anything other than the slip-ons? A/C, remap?
Old 4th October 2007
Master Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Deimus is a name known to allDeimus is a name known to allDeimus is a name known to allDeimus is a name known to allDeimus is a name known to allDeimus is a name known to allDeimus is a name known to allDeimus is a name known to allDeimus is a name known to allDeimus is a name known to allDeimus is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludlow555 View Post
The only negative is that the pipes drag early!
Bike looks good. But from what I've read about the geometry of the front end on the N, you can't really raise the rear enough to cure the dragging. So you'll either have to focus on the "form" of the N and drive slower or drag that front pipe.
Old 4th October 2007

el jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really niceel jinete fantasma is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by chordstrummer View Post
Hey, very cool. I've seen one other black Nightster around town (North Hollywood, I think I was in). Wonder if that might be you.

Just completed the 1k service, and considering options on the exhaust. Man, so many choices.

Did you do anything other than the slip-ons? A/C, remap?
It probably is me. I go to the Gold's Gym in NoHo, so I'm zipping around there a lot.
I only did the slip-ons and took her out to make sure everything was working properly. I may have lost a bit of low-end, but no problems at decel, so there are no leaks. I'll probably get the V&H Fuel Pack first, then do the A/C.

As far as the scraping goes, I know have a good excuse for being lame in the twisties.
"Yeah dude, I'd totally race you on Angeles Crest Highway, but I don't wanna scrape my pipes."
Know Thy Hog

Old 4th October 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wolf View Post
Cool man, I have turn outs too, but mine are Krome Werks. I'm sure they sound the same. They are perfect for me not too loud and not too quiet.
I think yours might be a little louder than mine, but they are loud! Probably louder than the Jardine drag pipes I had on my old Honda Magna. However, the garage didn't blow to pieces when I started her up, so the neighbors probably won't riot as long as I'm cool on our street.
Old 4th October 2007
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: 883/1200 Sportster Low
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: DYNA Street Bob
Other Motorcycle Year: 2007
rdgzoe is on a distinguished roadrdgzoe is on a distinguished roadrdgzoe is on a distinguished roadrdgzoe is on a distinguished roadrdgzoe is on a distinguished road

I kind of like both. I like the Halery thud! thud! pap! better, But there is something about a purring Honda too. Forgive me for sacrelidge.
Old 4th October 2007
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Gone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludlow555 View Post
It probably is me. I go to the Gold's Gym in NoHo, so I'm zipping around there a lot.
I only did the slip-ons and took her out to make sure everything was working properly. I may have lost a bit of low-end, but no problems at decel, so there are no leaks. I'll probably get the V&H Fuel Pack first, then do the A/C.

As far as the scraping goes, I know have a good excuse for being lame in the twisties.
"Yeah dude, I'd totally race you on Angeles Crest Highway, but I don't wanna scrape my pipes."
Cool Luddie! The slip-ons look great! I have a Fuelpak for sale if you want to come pick it up (or possibly meet somewhere). I had it on the bike for less than 70 miles, don't have the box it came in and have obviously used the zip tie and the strip of velcro that was in the box. I'll let you have it for $120, just let me know.
Old 5th October 2007
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Gone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice pipes, I like the look of those.
Old 5th October 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by joakim_hb View Post
Cool Luddie! The slip-ons look great! I have a Fuelpak for sale if you want to come pick it up (or possibly meet somewhere). I had it on the bike for less than 70 miles, don't have the box it came in and have obviously used the zip tie and the strip of velcro that was in the box. I'll let you have it for $120, just let me know.
Didja get my PM? I'm interested in the FuelPak...
Know Thy Hog