The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lowbrow Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Styles > Sportster Motorcycle Project
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
jdhickm (79), Chip (66), Chief4x4 (64), willyobiker (62), CBryant (61), XLCH69 (58), sage (55), VettesRule (52), jerseyjeff (52), TheExecutioner (49), SalTheWop (49), manic_mechanic, pauldmedic16 (40), BluegrassXL (36), Superman
RYCA Motors
CV Performance
Motor Stage
883 Sportster

Foxcreek Leather

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th October 2010
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Wicked_One will become famous soon enoughWicked_One will become famous soon enoughWicked_One will become famous soon enoughWicked_One will become famous soon enoughWicked_One will become famous soon enoughWicked_One will become famous soon enoughWicked_One will become famous soon enough
Cool Project in Progress

Well I've decided to make some changes over the off season to make things a little more comfortable for me. The first on the list was to change out my handlebars from the "32 Wide & Low Drag bars to "12 Bonanza Bars. The new bars are pretty much installed with the exception of the new brake line and the clutch cable. I stripped one of the banjo bolts(need a new one) and the clutch cable end that screws into the primary housing sheered off inside the housing. Well thankfully I was able to retrieve the broken piece out of the housing and now just waiting to hear back from JPCycle to see if they will swap me a new clutch cable or not. Here are a couple pics. Next I should be getting my tank and side panels back from paint & airbrushing.

Old 12th October 2010
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1993
Other Motorcycle Model: Moto Guzzi California EV
Other Motorcycle Year: 1998
jharback has disabled reputation

Sounds like your headed in the right direction. By the way, your pic's suck and I can't find my magnifying glass.

Jim in Italy
'93 1200
4"Extended Jaybrake Forward Controls
Wide Wishbone Girder Front End
Super E Carb w/Forcewinder Air Cleaner
WetDreamz Pipes
Holographic Metal Flake Paint Job
Four Piston Jaybrake Calipers front & back
16" Carlini Apes
Old 12th October 2010
Biker

Wicked_One will become famous soon enoughWicked_One will become famous soon enoughWicked_One will become famous soon enoughWicked_One will become famous soon enoughWicked_One will become famous soon enoughWicked_One will become famous soon enoughWicked_One will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharback View Post
Sounds like your headed in the right direction. By the way, your pic's suck and I can't find my magnifying glass.
Yea, I got good news from JPCycle, they said that the clutch cable sheering off like that is def. a manufacturing defect and are shipping me out a new clutch cable at no cost!!

I'll post up some more pics when I get my tank and side panels back from paint. Oh and yes those pics are small.... I took 'em with my phone, but I did finally found my USB cable for my camera so I should be in business for better pics!!!
Old 15th October 2010
Biker

Update: I received my tank and side panels back from paint & airbrushing. I am quite impressed. I think they look friggin sweet. Here are a few pics.
Left Side Panel:

Right Side Panel:

Top of tank:

Side of tank:

Side of tank:

Side of tank: