The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Foxcreek Leather  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders Discuss Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders problems, advice, and/or how tos.

Members Birthdays
Cadrien, boyett (64), gulp2000a (60), soulshaker (51), eddien (44), sfxtech (36), 61Comet (36), Rix (35)
Energy One Clutches
Foxcreek Leather
Licks Cycles
Motor Stage

S&S Cycle
Tags
300mm, hagon shocks, nightster

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th October 2010
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Hildreth is just really niceHildreth is just really niceHildreth is just really niceHildreth is just really niceHildreth is just really niceHildreth is just really niceHildreth is just really niceHildreth is just really niceHildreth is just really niceHildreth is just really niceHildreth is just really nice
Default Hagon Type A

I FINALLY got my Hagons! I'm so pleased with my overall experience with them. I got the 300mm type A road shock with the 20kg spring, I weigh 170lb, no luggage, no passanger. First thing I noticed, wow, the shock actually sags (rider sag), like a shock is supposed to, those stock shocks were useless. now i've got around 3" of shock travel! so great.
I thought that putting a longer shock on my Sportster was going ruin the look, but I was wrong, it looks fantastic and they work like shocks ought too! whoo hoo...I should have done this two years ago!

oh ya and all those pot holes, ya what pot holes? There is such an improvement & no more grinding metal!

Old 19th October 2010
Senior Chief Know It All 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: White Hot Denim XR1200X
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
KevinJ has much to be proud ofKevinJ has much to be proud ofKevinJ has much to be proud ofKevinJ has much to be proud ofKevinJ has much to be proud ofKevinJ has much to be proud ofKevinJ has much to be proud ofKevinJ has much to be proud ofKevinJ has much to be proud ofKevinJ has much to be proud ofKevinJ has much to be proud of

Looks great!

And its nice to see a shock upgrade that doesn't come from progressive suspension.
Old 19th October 2010
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 Hugger
Sportster/Buell Year: 1988
FourSpeedSteve is on a distinguished roadFourSpeedSteve is on a distinguished road

Sweet. Hagon are 40 minutes from me. I'm having mine made in front of me, I can't wait!
Your bike looks great!
What did they end up costing in dollars? I gotta fork out ú210 for mine which I don't think is bad for shocks made to my spec.
Old 19th October 2010
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1250S
Sportster/Buell Year: 1998
steelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond repute

20kg springs sound hard. What length are the shocks?

I recently sold a pair of Hagon Nitro stainless shocks that were fitted with 18kg/cm springs - the lightest available for that model shock - and I found them to be massively over-sprung. My bike is probably lighter than the Nightster, but I'm 30lbs heavier than you; and those shocks, even with minimum preload, had very little rider sag and regularly had me out of the saddle on bumpier roads.
Old 28th November 2010
Greasemonkey

ahthisguyhere is a jewel in the roughahthisguyhere is a jewel in the roughahthisguyhere is a jewel in the roughahthisguyhere is a jewel in the roughahthisguyhere is a jewel in the roughahthisguyhere is a jewel in the roughahthisguyhere is a jewel in the roughahthisguyhere is a jewel in the roughahthisguyhere is a jewel in the roughahthisguyhere is a jewel in the roughahthisguyhere is a jewel in the rough

i run those shocks on my bonnie and was very pleased with there service.
Know Thy Hog

Old 4th May 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: iron
Sportster/Buell Year: 2012
darsolo is an unknown quantity at this point

883 iron . if i fit 300mm shocks will my side stand be ok
Old 4th May 2012
Super Moderator

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 883L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CB350 Cafe Style
Other Motorcycle Year: 1970
khaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud ofkhaskins has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourSpeedSteve View Post
Sweet. Hagon are 40 minutes from me. I'm having mine made in front of me, I can't wait!
Your bike looks great!
What did they end up costing in dollars? I gotta fork out ú210 for mine which I don't think is bad for shocks made to my spec.
The actually have a US distributor in San Marcos California as well.

http://www.hagonshocksusa.com/

I have a set to install on my Sportster, they cost $218.00 shipped, and were custom assembled to my weight and riding style.

2006 883L
AN Big Sucker Stage 1
Rejetted Carb: Slow 45, Main 175
Vance & Hines Side Shots
Flat Track bars, 4" Joker Machine Risers
Joker Machine Speedo Mount
Speedway Instrument MicroTach
Mid Controls
Lepera Daytona Sport or Lepera Bare Bones Solo
Black Progressive 412 12.5" shocks
Progressive Fork Springs
Knock-off SE Fork Brace
Chopped Rear Fender
Custom Taillight

Ol' Greasy Karl of the Spirit Stalkers MC
Outlaw Name Generator

XLForum Business Card Template

BEFORE YOU CLIMB ON YOUR MOTORCYCLE, CHECK THAT THE NUT THAT CONNECTS THE HANDLEBAR TO THE SEAT IS NEITHER TOO TIGHT NOR TOO LOOSE.
Old 5th May 2012
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
07XL1200N is just really nice07XL1200N is just really nice07XL1200N is just really nice07XL1200N is just really nice07XL1200N is just really nice07XL1200N is just really nice07XL1200N is just really nice07XL1200N is just really nice07XL1200N is just really nice07XL1200N is just really nice07XL1200N is just really nice

Do you have any pics?
Old 6th May 2012
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Hildreth is just really niceHildreth is just really niceHildreth is just really niceHildreth is just really niceHildreth is just really niceHildreth is just really niceHildreth is just really niceHildreth is just really niceHildreth is just really niceHildreth is just really niceHildreth is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07XL1200N View Post
Do you have any pics?
I bought my shocks from the guys in San Marcos, I lived in the area so I just rode down there and spoke with the guys in person. Cool people. Here's the photos. Sorry I forgot I deleted my original post photos.

Old 6th May 2012
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
07XL1200N is just really nice07XL1200N is just really nice07XL1200N is just really nice07XL1200N is just really nice07XL1200N is just really nice07XL1200N is just really nice07XL1200N is just really nice07XL1200N is just really nice07XL1200N is just really nice07XL1200N is just really nice07XL1200N is just really nice

Are they 13"?
Know Thy Hog