The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum S&S Cycle  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up) For 2007 and above Sportsters

Members Birthdays
stevervp, philvet (71), outlawreb (59), rabes56 (58), Bigmatt (56), Beaker666 (50), hippiemwc (50), wumm883c (48), 2wheeltodd (47), israel (42), Stitch (37), Dekooy (31), Ameri-Deutsch (30)
Biltwell
Energy One Clutches
Burly
Fix My Hog

Motor Stage

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th October 2010
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 09 1200c
jroymcd is on a distinguished roadjroymcd is on a distinguished roadjroymcd is on a distinguished roadjroymcd is on a distinguished roadjroymcd is on a distinguished road
Default Heat shields

Does anybody sell black heat sheilds to fit the stock exhaust on a 1200 custom?
Old 25th October 2010
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
cowboy770 is a glorious beacon of lightcowboy770 is a glorious beacon of lightcowboy770 is a glorious beacon of lightcowboy770 is a glorious beacon of lightcowboy770 is a glorious beacon of lightcowboy770 is a glorious beacon of lightcowboy770 is a glorious beacon of lightcowboy770 is a glorious beacon of lightcowboy770 is a glorious beacon of lightcowboy770 is a glorious beacon of lightcowboy770 is a glorious beacon of light

Have yours powder coated. I thought you could interchange the stock shields
Old 25th October 2010
Brass Nut

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200V
Sportster/Buell Year: 2013
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL883C … long gone
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDB … gone!
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
Folkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes: Harley do.
'The green machine'
Old 25th October 2010
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Unbalanced is a jewel in the roughUnbalanced is a jewel in the roughUnbalanced is a jewel in the roughUnbalanced is a jewel in the roughUnbalanced is a jewel in the roughUnbalanced is a jewel in the roughUnbalanced is a jewel in the roughUnbalanced is a jewel in the roughUnbalanced is a jewel in the roughUnbalanced is a jewel in the roughUnbalanced is a jewel in the rough

I painted mine with flat black header paint, baked them in my kitchen oven per the instructions. Been fine for about 6 months.

Just make sure they are COMPLETELY 100% FREE of any oil and grease before you spray them or it will show up in the paint.

Harley sells some but I think they have "speed holes" in them, they aren't just plain shields. And the amount of $$$ they want for them is kinda funny.
Old 25th October 2010
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Gone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah HD sells them and they do have the holes in them, but IMO that looks bad ass.
Know Thy Hog

Old 25th October 2010
Biker

jroymcd is on a distinguished roadjroymcd is on a distinguished roadjroymcd is on a distinguished roadjroymcd is on a distinguished roadjroymcd is on a distinguished road

this one? I think the black shields with the original chrome tips would look nice

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US
Old 25th October 2010
Land Speed Record

Unbalanced is a jewel in the roughUnbalanced is a jewel in the roughUnbalanced is a jewel in the roughUnbalanced is a jewel in the roughUnbalanced is a jewel in the roughUnbalanced is a jewel in the roughUnbalanced is a jewel in the roughUnbalanced is a jewel in the roughUnbalanced is a jewel in the roughUnbalanced is a jewel in the roughUnbalanced is a jewel in the rough

that's the one.

My bike should give you an idea of what it'll look like with black shields and chrome cans.

Old 25th October 2010
Biker

nice

they were not cheap but I found a place that was 7.50 off and free shipping.

I could have painted them but, really dig the speed holes. Mathches the chain Gaurd.
Old 25th October 2010
Banned

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster
AsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond repute

With one of them brass colored top shaped drill bits (dont know the name of them) you can make your own holes in your own heat shields, and paint your own.

These thinghs:
Old 26th October 2010
Land Speed Record

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroymcd View Post
nice

they were not cheap but I found a place that was 7.50 off and free shipping.

I could have painted them but, really dig the speed holes. Mathches the chain Gaurd.
the holes do look nice, I just didn't want to spend that money on an exhaust I'm planning to remove anyway. If I'd planned to stick with the stock head pipes I'd probably have bought them.

Of course, I don't run a belt guard so the holes would match the front fender brackets on mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSeenOnTV View Post
With one of them brass colored top shaped drill bits (dont know the name of them) you can make your own holes in your own heat shields, and paint your own.

These thinghs:

around here we usually call that a "step drill", in reference to the way it opens up the hole in steps. A very useful tool.
Know Thy Hog