The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Styles > Chopper & Bobber Talk
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Chopper & Bobber Talk Talk about your Sportster motorcycle chopper or bobber!!.

Members Birthdays
Dead Henry (70), iustabfast (63), dcinpa (61), jwursta (61), G-TIFF (59), TexasHarley (59), CROW (57), Darrell (56), dotom, H34TH3N (55), TessArooo
Main Menu
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th March 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
Valdemarsson is on a distinguished roadValdemarsson is on a distinguished roadValdemarsson is on a distinguished road

I really like yor projekt and the style on your bike.
I just got some new energy for my own projekt just by loking at yours.
All the best from Sweden. and skrew Murphy.
Old 30th March 2011
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: 86 Sporty
tauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdemarsson View Post
I really like yor projekt and the style on your bike.
I just got some new energy for my own projekt just by loking at yours.
All the best from Sweden. and skrew Murphy.
Thanks man. I appreciate it.
Old 30th March 2011
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 1200cc
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
redi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud of

WOW,WOW,WOW! Just found the thread today. This is gonna be the bobber King! Keep fightin Champ! I'm subscribed. Can't waite to see the finished product. Dude you need your own show! I'd watch it.
Old 30th March 2011
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
flashedwards has a brilliant futureflashedwards has a brilliant futureflashedwards has a brilliant futureflashedwards has a brilliant futureflashedwards has a brilliant futureflashedwards has a brilliant futureflashedwards has a brilliant futureflashedwards has a brilliant futureflashedwards has a brilliant futureflashedwards has a brilliant futureflashedwards has a brilliant future

Well Mikey, it's good to know that you still consider me your "best bud" after giving you what turned out to be bum advice. Obviously, a booze soaked reprobate like yourself cannot physically function without a sufficient supply of alcohol in your blood stream. Please, I humbly appologize for giving you such bad advice and hope that this doesn't deter you from your creative efforts.
Get it together, you clown,
Flash

PS...It sounds like I should come down there and rewire your shop.

2009 XL1200N Nightster...SE Heavy Breather>SE SP black slip-ons w/modified Cycle Shack baffles>Speedway Instruments MicroTach+>Super Brace>Kriss headlight modulator. Willie G skulls @ gas cap,derby and timer>Misc. black nut and bolt covers>Garage Leathers solo bag>Mustang Vintage 12.5" solo seat>LED taillights>10.75" RK air shocks>G2 Ergonomics Quick Turn throttle>Power Commander V>Giving 10R12 plugs a try.

76 HP X 79 TQ

Ol' Dirtbeard of the Cracked Craniums MC
Old 30th March 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1460C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: XL1200R
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
sportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with the "Screw Murphy", but it finally looks like you can start filling up that frame with a motor and some running gear, kudos for you. Axle covers are REALLY clean!! Thanks for sharing.
I.B.A.#26543, Growing old-Mandatory/ Growing up-optional. Men do not quit playing because they get old, they get old because they stop playing!

The XL Forum Sportsterpedia:
http://sportsterpedia.com/doku.php/start
Old 31st March 2011
Chief Know It All

tauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Paul. You're always supportive and it helps when building a bike out here in the wilderness. As for you Flash, you're a Badass. I wish you'd get on a plane. You're welcome anytime and that's a serious offer. I would have had the motor in already but as usual I came up with some "Flash" ideas for detailing it. Painted myself into a corner so to speak. Motor will have to wait. Big clean up today, gotta prepare the surgery but I'm going to need a dump truck or ten. My workshop looks like chit. There's this African dude that roams the neighbourhood checking out garbage cans for scrap metal etc. I told him he could come around tomorrow and fill his cart. LOL. I'll have to take a pic of his expression when he sees what I have for him. Christmas in April.
Old 4th April 2011
Chief Know It All

Has anyone here modified a stock 86 clutch cover to the more modern type that has the removable plate?. I want to mod mine but I need help/advice and any would be welcome. I'm in a situation here.
Old 4th April 2011
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: nightster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
screech69 has a spectacular aura aboutscreech69 has a spectacular aura aboutscreech69 has a spectacular aura aboutscreech69 has a spectacular aura aboutscreech69 has a spectacular aura aboutscreech69 has a spectacular aura aboutscreech69 has a spectacular aura aboutscreech69 has a spectacular aura about

bike is looking sick, if it were easy to build a kick ass bike everyone would be doing it...right?
Old 4th April 2011
Chief Know It All

I finally got my hands on a camera so that's one problem sorted. I beat the crap out of the drill press with a pick handle but it's stubborn and still won't work. I think the motor is blown. Front end going on tomorrow along with pics.
Old 5th April 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1460C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: XL1200R
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
sportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond repute

Wohooooooo, now we're getting somewhere. This is just to cool, pictures or not, they probably wouldn't do justice to it!