The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Styles > Chopper & Bobber Talk
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Chopper & Bobber Talk Talk about your Sportster motorcycle chopper or bobber!!.

Members Birthdays
kartooo (64), shotgun willy (48), jace (42), crosscut (40), 99fireredls1 (37)
Main Menu
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th September 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1460C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: XL1200R
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
sportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond repute

Mikey: Went to the "Battle of the Brits", a local show featuring mostly British machines, cars, bikes, and trucks. Quite an array of Lotus, AC Bristols and Cobras, MG, Austin Jaguars, Healeys,(Bug-eyed Sprites are some of my favorites), Bentlys, Land Rovers, BSA's, Triumphs, Royal Enfields, Vincents, Nortons, Arial Square Fours, with Ducatis and Moto Guzzi's thrown in as well. Couple X75's stood out as well as Craig Vetters "Mystery". I'm thinking you may have enjoyed it as well. Thinking of you, best wishes, Paul
I.B.A.#26543, Growing old-Mandatory/ Growing up-optional. Men do not quit playing because they get old, they get old because they stop playing!

The XL Forum Sportsterpedia:
http://sportsterpedia.com/doku.php/start
Old 12th September 2011
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: 86 Sporty
tauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the rough

Hope you enjoyed it. I'm not much of a fan of British cars and a very good friend of mine is a collector of Rovers and MGs. He's constantly wrenching on the stuff and now he's got me making composite bits and pieces. I hate it but he's a buddy so......
Funny story about his latest Rover though. A few years back the factory built a limited number of Ford V8 RWD cars. They used a 4.6L motor from the Mustang and it's all top notch. They sell for about $55,000 as they only built 100. There was one in South Africa and it went in for a major repair but there was a legal wrangle over the warranty and the bank repo'd the thing. It came up on auction as nobody could get the car to run and the concensus was it was toast. Guido bought the Rover for $4,000 and had it transported to his place. The fuel gauge read full but the car was in a workshop for a year and then in storage for another and in SA no car would go that long without the gas being stolen. Faulty gauge (blown fuse). A gallon of gas later, vroom. He's still giggling.
I'll be restoring his Norton Commando as soon as I finish building some bodywork for his Guzzi. This dude is a biker of note. There's a bike under every tree on his property and most are waiting for TLC, lol.
Old 12th September 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL project
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1982
Flame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond repute

A bike under every tree? Yep, he's a redneck.

... or so the voices tell me....

Gamertag, PS4: Bikerdude__
Old 21st September 2011
Chief Know It All

tauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame_Retardent View Post
A bike under every tree? Yep, he's a redneck.

... or so the voices tell me....
Brothers in arms bro. My missus had all the trees cut down to stop my addiction. I had cars not bikes, I'd never leave a bike under a tree!!!!. I'm a redneck through and through. That's the truth. I never miss a NASCAR race either. My buddy Guido is Danish and he lives on a small farm and there's shit strewn all over. Welding machines, fork lifts you name it, he even has a Ninja with 500 miles on the clock but he keeps that one in the warehouse. I'm gonna get pics for you guys. As for my project, I'm head down and since I made the the "Chase" this season I want to finish on top and finish the sucker in the next 6 six weeks.
Old 21st September 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

sportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond repute

You do what you gotta do, anything that good is worth waiting for!
Old 21st September 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Flame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond reputeFlame__ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tauruck View Post
Brothers in arms bro. My missus had all the trees cut down to stop my addiction. I had cars not bikes, I'd never leave a bike under a tree!!!!. I'm a redneck through and through. That's the truth. I never miss a NASCAR race either. My buddy Guido is Danish and he lives on a small farm and there's shit strewn all over. Welding machines, fork lifts you name it, he even has a Ninja with 500 miles on the clock but he keeps that one in the warehouse. I'm gonna get pics for you guys. As for my project, I'm head down and since I made the the "Chase" this season I want to finish on top and finish the sucker in the next 6 six weeks.
Here in Georgia, cars and motorcycles parked in the yard are considered financial assets. If a man has a bike under every tree, us rednecks consider that man to be financially well off with an interesting retirement plan!
Old 5th October 2011
Chief Know It All

Sorry guys, My nose is hard at the grind stone and as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. All i have is an old Nokia and the pics are way below standard so I'm holding out on posting pics of the progress. Something will turn up for sure. I'm grafting on this bike and the end result will be worth the wait.
I'm making components and getting them ready for assembly so although the progress is somewhat slow I'm impatient and pleased with the results at the same time. It's fall in your part of the world and hopefully you'll have something to look at on those days when you don't wanna be outside.
What I've made so far is a coil cover in Carbon with a cool system that tidies up the plug leads and the Carbon cam cover that will add to the "Black" look of the bike. Final finishing will be complete by the weekend and my buddy will shoot some pics.
On the home front, we had a Tornado blow through here on Sunday afternoon. I was watching the Nationwide series on ESPN and what sounded like a 747 at 200 feet had my bed shaking. My patio furniture was all over the place afterward but not being used to this kinda stuff we didn't know what it was until the next day. 500 homes destroyed about 35 miles away. We obviously never got the full brunt of the thing and I feel for you guys over there that live in Tornado alley.
Old 5th October 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Glad you're okay! Now get some pics!
Old 6th October 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Mike You were lucky not to be any closer. I spent three years out in Topeka Kansas and tornados were frequent! Was always amazed at the raw power they had!
Sponsored Links
Old 8th October 2011
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: xl1218rr turbo
Sportster/Buell Year: 1993
rottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond repute

The tank is awesome. I love handmade parts. HAve you had any inspiration to make a oil tank with carbon fiber and aluminum that fits in the stock position on my 1993 sportster.
Spoiled but definitely not rotten. Started life as a black 1993, 1200 Now-1218, Home ported 2009 FI heads, Andrews N6 cams, Dyna2Ki, JMC aluminum swingarm, Chainsikle custom mid forward controls, GBC inverted front end, 3 degree wide-glide trees and 5 degree raked cups. 18x3.5 fatspoke rear with 150/60 and 21x3.5 with 120/70. [IMG]http://xlforum.net/photopost/watermark.php?file=55680&size=1[/IMG]