The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Styles > Chopper & Bobber Talk
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Chopper & Bobber Talk Talk about your Sportster motorcycle chopper or bobber!!.

Members Birthdays
black pearl (73), SDREDD (56), pig (54), BonRu (52), cbass (44), ssm7530 (42), HawkeyeTX, SxysCowboy (34)
Main Menu
Sponsored Links

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th October 2011
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 06
Other Motorcycle Model: Parts of few
Other Motorcycle Year: old
maximummaxime is just really nicemaximummaxime is just really nicemaximummaxime is just really nicemaximummaxime is just really nicemaximummaxime is just really nicemaximummaxime is just really nicemaximummaxime is just really nicemaximummaxime is just really nicemaximummaxime is just really nicemaximummaxime is just really nicemaximummaxime is just really nice

I can't believe I haven't caught that thread before. You are good at what you do that's for sure, that bike is coming along great and will sure be very unique.
Old 8th October 2011
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
mr.coffee is a splendid one to beholdmr.coffee is a splendid one to beholdmr.coffee is a splendid one to beholdmr.coffee is a splendid one to beholdmr.coffee is a splendid one to beholdmr.coffee is a splendid one to beholdmr.coffee is a splendid one to beholdmr.coffee is a splendid one to beholdmr.coffee is a splendid one to beholdmr.coffee is a splendid one to beholdmr.coffee is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, very high drool factor to be sure! You should do CF derby, inspection and points covers...

-m
Old 9th October 2011
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: 86 Sporty
tauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.coffee View Post
Yeah, very high drool factor to be sure! You should do CF derby, inspection and points covers...

-m
You must know more than you let on!!!!
The cam cover is done but needs finishing and clear. The problem is the clutch cover, it's still on the motor and I don't want to take it off so doing the CF is going to prove difficult. I'm not looking forward to putting the whole motor in a vacuum bag. I had a spare cam cover and that made the job less difficult. It was a case of getting release agent on the already "chopped" cover and applying the two layers of material. That's the simple explanation.

I haven't thought about building a CF oil tank to mount in the stock location Ralph, sorry.
Old 9th October 2011
Chief Know It All

tauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the roughtauruck is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Paul, Maxi and Flame. Yup I'm stoked because my bud Guido has a cool camera and knows how to use it. I'll have some pics later in the week
Old 9th October 2011
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH883>1200 Paughco Rigid
Sportster/Buell Year: 1989
Nobody Special is on a distinguished roadNobody Special is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tauruck View Post
Thanks Paul, Maxi and Flame. Yup I'm stoked because my bud Guido has a cool camera and knows how to use it. I'll have some pics later in the week
Old 19th October 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: xl53
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
rossy has a spectacular aura aboutrossy has a spectacular aura aboutrossy has a spectacular aura aboutrossy has a spectacular aura aboutrossy has a spectacular aura aboutrossy has a spectacular aura aboutrossy has a spectacular aura aboutrossy has a spectacular aura aboutrossy has a spectacular aura about

Awsome thread man!!the work,,,,well its made me stop my build and think!!!!!!!!!! Who else can I get to make my parts!!LMFAO!!
Old 24th October 2011
Chief Know It All

I hit a bit of a flat spot on my "trick" CF covers. I tried the cladding route and the thing looked pretty good but as usual I just had to MAKE it better.
Well, I got into the cam cover with the palm sander to prep it for clear and I rubbed right through. Sometimes I need to have both my hands tied behind my back. Back to the drawing board I guess. This time I'll go the mould route.
Old 24th October 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1460C
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: XL1200R
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
sportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond repute

Patiance is a virtue that most of us don't posess, I know you'll do better next time around. Take it easy.
I.B.A.#26543, Growing old-Mandatory/ Growing up-optional. Men do not quit playing because they get old, they get old because they stop playing!

The XL Forum Sportsterpedia:
http://sportsterpedia.com/doku.php/start
Sponsored Links
Old 30th October 2011
Chief Know It All

Thanks buddy. Things are moving again!!!!
Old 30th October 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1460C
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: XL1200R
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
sportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond repute

Mike: Good to hear things are back on track, will wait,(as usual), for progress reports. Hope you and your darling are doing well.