The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lowbrow Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > OFF TOPIC > Gun Talk
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Gun Talk Talk about guns and gun related issues.

Members Birthdays
hardride1955 (59), 91Sportster (52), PSEBYL (51), Aussiegirl (44), FastMag (43)
Don's Cyclewear
Get Lowered
Figure Machine
Energy One Clutches

Sportster Specialty

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th December 2010
Banned

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
AsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond repute
Default School board shootout in Florida

I'm surprised any of you here haven't talked about this one:

Old 20th December 2010
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R again!
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Doc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud ofDoc45 has much to be proud of

When this happened I felt that he was another disturbed individual unable/unwilling to get real help. Just another sick bastard that was probably looking for "suicide by cop" as it didn't appear he was really intent on harming anyone else.

First off he sends out all those in the public seating area. He could've shot the woman that hit him with the purse-he didn't, could've easily hit any of the board members-he didn't. I don't think he really wanted to shoot anyone else, didn't initially have the "courage" to kill himself until after he was hit by the security officer. Then he found the fortitude to kill himself. Sick, 'nuff said.
Old 20th December 2010
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1993
Other Motorcycle Model: Moto Guzzi California EV
Other Motorcycle Year: 1998
jharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc45 View Post
When this happened I felt that he was another disturbed individual unable/unwilling to get real help. Just another sick bastard that was probably looking for "suicide by cop" as it didn't appear he was really intent on harming anyone else.

First off he sends out all those in the public seating area. He could've shot the woman that hit him with the purse-he didn't, could've easily hit any of the board members-he didn't. I don't think he really wanted to shoot anyone else, didn't initially have the "courage" to kill himself until after he was hit by the security officer. Then he found the fortitude to kill himself. Sick, 'nuff said.
I completely agree Doc.

Jim in Italy
'93 1200
4"Extended Jaybrake Forward Controls
58mm Inverted Wide Glide Front End
Super E Carb w/Forcewinder Air Cleaner
WetDreamz Pipes
Holographic Metal Flake Paint Job
Six Piston Jaybrake Calipers
16" Carlini Apes
Old 20th December 2010
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: xl 883 (Kim's now)
Sportster/Buell Year: 97
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Street Glide
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 08
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDXT
Other Motorcycle Year: 02
sportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond reputesportsterdude.248 has a reputation beyond repute

I think that the gentleman that was trying to negotiate with him did an admirable job in trying to protect himself, his co-workers, and the shooter. That being said I keep thinking of the scene in Pulp Fiction where Travolta and Sam Jackson were starring at the bullet holes in the wall behind them after the kid opened up on the at point blank. Devine intervention? I don't think you can point a gun at an inividual and squeeze the trigger especially in close range without intent to kill. After he hears return gunfire he shoots quicker and trys hard to establish a target.
Old 20th December 2010
Retired Hasbeen

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Other Motorcycle Model: FLSTF Fatboy
Other Motorcycle Year: 1999
Stairman has a reputation beyond reputeStairman has a reputation beyond reputeStairman has a reputation beyond reputeStairman has a reputation beyond reputeStairman has a reputation beyond reputeStairman has a reputation beyond reputeStairman has a reputation beyond reputeStairman has a reputation beyond reputeStairman has a reputation beyond reputeStairman has a reputation beyond reputeStairman has a reputation beyond repute

The gun banners think banning guns is the answer but a person who wants to shoot a place up is not going to say "Gee I can't bring a gun in this place, I'll have to go and shoot up a place that permits guns" Law abiding citizens w/guns are the best deterent to these type of senseless shootings.

Old 20th December 2010
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1964
Other Motorcycle Model: Rigid 74" Shovelhead
Other Motorcycle Year: 1977
krowmagnum is just really nicekrowmagnum is just really nicekrowmagnum is just really nicekrowmagnum is just really nicekrowmagnum is just really nicekrowmagnum is just really nicekrowmagnum is just really nicekrowmagnum is just really nicekrowmagnum is just really nicekrowmagnum is just really nicekrowmagnum is just really nice

Woman who tried to stop gunman Clay Duke at Fla. school board shooting puts handbag on eBay.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...db.html?r=news

It's up to $11,000 with 2 days to go....

http://cgi.ebay.com/School-Board-Sho...item3a6192e1f9

Hunter S. Thompson
Old 20th December 2010
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
DaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond reputeDaytonaSportster has a reputation beyond repute

No were in the ad does it says its bullet proof. Actually its should have a disclaimer.. Wearer has delusions of being a hero.

But back to reality, yes he was disturbed, yes it was sad for him to endanger others, yes the council people were damn brave and level headed, and yes the anti's will use it to further push there views. Had purse lady been packing then she could have ended it rather quickly.

Air shock information thread
Old 20th December 2010
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
flashedwards is a splendid one to beholdflashedwards is a splendid one to beholdflashedwards is a splendid one to beholdflashedwards is a splendid one to beholdflashedwards is a splendid one to beholdflashedwards is a splendid one to beholdflashedwards is a splendid one to beholdflashedwards is a splendid one to beholdflashedwards is a splendid one to beholdflashedwards is a splendid one to beholdflashedwards is a splendid one to behold

Come on guys, here's your chance to own a piece of Florida history...I'm gunna bid 12,000 "hanging chads" (thats a form of currency in Florida, I think). But you did notice that the ad states "free shipping"...that makes it all worthwhile. What a ignorant bimbo!Flash

2009 XL1200N Nightster...SE Heavy Breather>SE SP black slip-ons w/modified Cycle Shack baffles>Speedway Instruments MicroTach+>Super Brace>Kriss headlight modulator. Willie G skulls @ gas cap,derby and timer>Misc. black nut and bolt covers>Garage Leathers solo bag>Mustang Vintage 12.5" solo seat>LED taillights>10.75" RK air shocks>G2 Ergonomics Quick Turn throttle>Power Commander V>Giving 10R12 plugs a try.

76 HP X 79 TQ

Ol' Dirtbeard of the Cracked Craniums MC
Old 24th December 2010
Senior Chief Know It All 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200c
Sportster/Buell Year: 08
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Xlh
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 77
dr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud of

ok so who else laughed at the lady
Old 24th December 2010
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
flashedwards is a splendid one to beholdflashedwards is a splendid one to beholdflashedwards is a splendid one to beholdflashedwards is a splendid one to beholdflashedwards is a splendid one to beholdflashedwards is a splendid one to beholdflashedwards is a splendid one to beholdflashedwards is a splendid one to beholdflashedwards is a splendid one to beholdflashedwards is a splendid one to beholdflashedwards is a splendid one to behold

The winnig bid was $13,100. Holy crap....are you kiddin me? Oh, what could I do with 13 grand? Has everybody gone crazy? I'm dazzled.....
Flash
Know Thy Hog