The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Motor Stage  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up) For 2007 and above Sportsters

Members Birthdays
Speedway Instruments
Ironworks Magazine
Progressive Suspension
Superbrace

Lickscycles

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th October 2007
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: IRONHEAD
Sportster/Buell Year: 1974
Other Motorcycle Model: ROAD GLIDE
Other Motorcycle Year: 2006
Twisted Nightster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anybody Upgraded Motor on 07 nightster?

Looking for somebody that can help me with an upgrade on heads, pistons, cams for the 07' EFI Nightster. Thanks
Old 25th October 2007
XL Forum Gold Supporting Vendor

Sportster/Buell Model: 07 883 X2 plus 5 Buells
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 92
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 96
Other Motorcycle Model: and 2 more!!
NRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant futureNRHS Sales has a brilliant future

I haven't done a nightster but I upgraded my 07 883 into a 1250 with 1200 heads, and N6 cams. Tuned with a power commander I am making 86 hp at 6200 rpms.
www.nrhsperformance.com

AMA 1350cc M-PG record holder @167.452 mph.
faster than the BNI record too.
Old 25th October 2007
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N
NightsterHooligan is on a distinguished roadNightsterHooligan is on a distinguished road

Nope. No motor work yet, but Hip Hip Hurray, a new thread!!!!

I have a stack of American Iron & Hot Bike magazines sitting here on my desk, I'll try to go through them and see if there is any relevant info.
Old 25th October 2007
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N
NightsterHooligan is on a distinguished roadNightsterHooligan is on a distinguished road

I didn't even know Harley made Sportsters until I saw the Nightster.
Old 25th October 2007
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Low
Other Motorcycle Model: Yamaha FZ1
Other Motorcycle Year: 2008
whittlebeast has disabled reputation

I would be very leary adding any HP to any Nightster or 883 Low before doing serious work to the suspension. The suspension will toss you into the weeds head first.

AW
traction or wheelie limited acceleration, a sound that just drips testosterone or peace of mind that
everything is as perfect as you know how to make it.

When the racers get done doing the impossible the engineers get a chance to correct the errors in the model.

***My other addiction, running Megasquirt EFI ***
Know Thy Hog

Old 25th October 2007
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Gone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this pointGone is an unknown quantity at this point

I think what most people are getting kind of bored and annoyed with is "Nightster jesting" in every frickin' thread . I don't think it has so much to do with people having opinions on the Nightsters and the people who own them as every *&%#! thread turning into a means of expressing those opinions over and over and... over... and then just a little bit more..
Old 25th October 2007
Senior Chief Know It All 3rd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Buell xb12r
Sportster/Buell Year #2: '09
CT1200 is a jewel in the roughCT1200 is a jewel in the roughCT1200 is a jewel in the roughCT1200 is a jewel in the roughCT1200 is a jewel in the roughCT1200 is a jewel in the roughCT1200 is a jewel in the roughCT1200 is a jewel in the roughCT1200 is a jewel in the roughCT1200 is a jewel in the roughCT1200 is a jewel in the rough

Cough....
http://www.rpmhemi.com/
Cough...

Keep an eye on the road... Theres always something to see.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 25th October 2007

Sportster/Buell Model: 883/1200 Real School Chop
Sportster/Buell Year: 1993
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CBR600
Other Motorcycle Year: 89
Sportster1200 is a jewel in the roughSportster1200 is a jewel in the roughSportster1200 is a jewel in the roughSportster1200 is a jewel in the roughSportster1200 is a jewel in the roughSportster1200 is a jewel in the roughSportster1200 is a jewel in the roughSportster1200 is a jewel in the roughSportster1200 is a jewel in the roughSportster1200 is a jewel in the roughSportster1200 is a jewel in the rough

I think the one of the issues with the Nightster is that a lot of Nightster owners just don't seem to understand that it is basically a styling exercise.

90% of the bike is the same as everyone else's so "Upgrading the 07 Nightster motor" should really be rubbermount engine thread.

The lack of understanding that a lot of Nightster owners have in thinking that they have something that is somehow a completely different Harley model - somewhere between a Sportster and a Big Twin is what non-Nightster owners like to make fun of.

That, and they seem totally incapable of using the search function on the forum.

Also a lot of the Nightster owners do not seem to contribute to any other forum section other than the Nightster heading leads to a lot of other Sportster owners shaking their heads at this lack of this community which was built on ALL of us sharing in ALL of the sections when possible.

This does not apply to all Nightster owners but it does start to lead to stereotyping of all Nightster owners.

For the Nightster owners who get picked on, sorry but sometimes you are your own worst enemy. Take a minute and learn about your motorcycle, learn to use the search function and try adding to the whole forum community rather than one section.

I sometimes think a nightmare was created when the separate forum section was created for Nightsters.

KongBastard
Old 25th October 2007
Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200N
Other Motorcycle Model: R/C VRSCA
Other Motorcycle Year: 2003
Malloy has disabled reputation

Follow me dude.

1. Buy a new bike. 1200N/Nightster.
2. Want to LEARN more about said bike, google "Sportster" or "Nightster"
3. Find XLforum
4. Find 'Nightster' subforum
5. Post in Nightster subforum....b/c you just bought a Nightster.

Make sense? Also, I'm not sure that so many of the new N owners as naive as ou think. Sure there are a few, but it seems like the non N owners are really getting carried away with busting the new owners balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportster1200 View Post
I think the one of the issues with the Nightster is that a lot of Nightster owners just don't seem to understand that it is basically a styling exercise.

90% of the bike is the same as everyone else's so "Upgrading the 07 Nightster motor" should really be rubbermount engine thread.

The lack of understanding that a lot of Nightster owners have in thinking that they have something that is somehow a completely different Harley model - somewhere between a Sportster and a Big Twin is what non-Nightster owners like to make fun of.

That, and they seem totally incapable of using the search function on the forum.

Also a lot of the Nightster owners do not seem to contribute to any other forum section other than the Nightster heading leads to a lot of other Sportster owners shaking their heads at this lack of this community which was built on ALL of us sharing in ALL of the sections when possible.

This does not apply to all Nightster owners but it does start to lead to stereotyping of all Nightster owners.

For the Nightster owners who get picked on, sorry but sometimes you are your own worst enemy. Take a minute and learn about your motorcycle, learn to use the search function and try adding to the whole forum community rather than one section.

I sometimes think a nightmare was created when the separate forum section was created for Nightsters.

KongBastard
Old 25th October 2007

Sportster/Buell Model: 883/1200 Real School Chop
Sportster/Buell Year: 1993
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CBR600
Other Motorcycle Year: 89
Sportster1200 is a jewel in the roughSportster1200 is a jewel in the roughSportster1200 is a jewel in the roughSportster1200 is a jewel in the roughSportster1200 is a jewel in the roughSportster1200 is a jewel in the roughSportster1200 is a jewel in the roughSportster1200 is a jewel in the roughSportster1200 is a jewel in the roughSportster1200 is a jewel in the roughSportster1200 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by whittlebeast View Post
I would be very leary adding any HP to any Nightster or 883 Low before doing serious work to the suspension. The suspension will toss you into the weeds head first.

AW
Whittlebeast - quit scaring the kids!

Not sure how adding 5 or 10 more HP will toss you into the weeds.

Riding skill goes a long way. There are a lot of 120HP hardtail Big Twins out there never mind 15 year old Sportsters with bagged out suspensions.

I guess if you aren't used to an extra 10 HP you have bigger problems than you think...

Plus they are Nightster owners - they don't really ride them, just rev them up in the garage.

KongBastard
Know Thy Hog