The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Mother Road Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Rubber Mount Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2004-2006)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Rubber Mount Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2004-2006) This area is to discuss issues, problems and anything else unique to the 2004 and above Sportster motorcycles

Members Birthdays
Cherrylady2 (58), kkbii (51), Cholo, Quebeker, poboy_27 (43), jay 21 (41), Matt-04-883 (40), timhypo (39), harleybuell2000 (38), Biker-Dale (36)
Zippers Performance
Licks Cycles
Motor Stage
Lowbrow Customs

Get Lowered

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th December 2010
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 xlr
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
beano is on a distinguished roadbeano is on a distinguished roadbeano is on a distinguished roadbeano is on a distinguished roadbeano is on a distinguished road

subscribed !!!...b.
Old 29th December 2010
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 1200cc
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
redi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud of

Your project is lookin good. If you live near Boise I would love to take a ride to see it in person. My Bro and I are doin a lil project ourself. hopefully it will be rolling this spring.
Hit me up if you are going to any local rides.
Old 29th December 2010
Oh $&!t, now what. . .

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 Hugger/1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 95
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDL
Other Motorcycle Year: 00
beornj is a glorious beacon of lightbeornj is a glorious beacon of lightbeornj is a glorious beacon of lightbeornj is a glorious beacon of lightbeornj is a glorious beacon of lightbeornj is a glorious beacon of lightbeornj is a glorious beacon of lightbeornj is a glorious beacon of lightbeornj is a glorious beacon of lightbeornj is a glorious beacon of lightbeornj is a glorious beacon of light

I'd just like to point out that I live in Boise, ride a sportster, know my way around Impact Guns, and could use a friend with a machine shop.
Old 29th December 2010
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883
freeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by redi2ride View Post
Your project is lookin good. If you live near Boise I would love to take a ride to see it in person. My Bro and I are doin a lil project ourself. hopefully it will be rolling this spring.
Hit me up if you are going to any local rides.
Redi,
I live in Eagle, which is a bit north west of Boise. There is a whole winter of small things planned. I still have a different tail light, 4.5 gallon tank, pillion seat, front turn signal relocate, bars from a custom, tach, steel tool box, homemade NRHS type air cleaner, tail light modulator and some powder coat to do.

I'd love to meet and look at each other's rides. But right now my motorcycle is apart enough I can't ride it.

I'm also researching bikini fairings, dual headlights, and at some point will make a short "in town" and taller "long trip" sissy bar.

The 3.3 gallon tank, 3.3 gallon solo seat, 2up seating and sissy bar/luggage rack in the original picture are in the "Craig's List" pile.

Where are you located?

kr
/-----\ http://www.parmarng.org ..................... If life throws you a curve, lean into it and apply throttle.
|*------/\ ...............Wouldn't be an economic crisis if you had bought AMERICAN.
|--------| ...............Spent most of my money on cars, motorcycles, guns and girls, the rest I just wasted.
+--------+ ...............Silence is taken as consent. Do you consent?

Old 29th December 2010
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

freeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to beholdfreeidaho is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by beornj View Post
I'd just like to point out that I live in Boise, ride a sportster, know my way around Impact Guns, and could use a friend with a machine shop.
If you shoot IDPA, LRTR, or 3-gun, we have probably already met....

kr
Know Thy Hog

Old 29th December 2010
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 1200cc
redi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud ofredi2ride has much to be proud of

N. Nampa Off franklin & Cherry
Old 29th December 2010
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: xl 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 1996
Sportster/Buell Model #2: zx14 neeenjaa san
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: Triumph Thrux Ton
Other Motorcycle Year: 2005
davev1954 has a spectacular aura aboutdavev1954 has a spectacular aura aboutdavev1954 has a spectacular aura aboutdavev1954 has a spectacular aura aboutdavev1954 has a spectacular aura aboutdavev1954 has a spectacular aura aboutdavev1954 has a spectacular aura aboutdavev1954 has a spectacular aura aboutdavev1954 has a spectacular aura aboutdavev1954 has a spectacular aura aboutdavev1954 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by beornj View Post
Cool- we appreciate the support of our store and shooting range. We should plan an open house this summer- everyone who rides their Sportster in will get a free range pass and we'll have some free guns and free ammo to try out- we could also have a BBQ or something- sound good?
Old 29th December 2010
Oh $&!t, now what. . .

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 Hugger/1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 95
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDL
Other Motorcycle Year: 00
beornj is a glorious beacon of lightbeornj is a glorious beacon of lightbeornj is a glorious beacon of lightbeornj is a glorious beacon of lightbeornj is a glorious beacon of lightbeornj is a glorious beacon of lightbeornj is a glorious beacon of lightbeornj is a glorious beacon of lightbeornj is a glorious beacon of lightbeornj is a glorious beacon of lightbeornj is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by davev1954 View Post
Cool- we appreciate the support of our store and shooting range. We should plan an open house this summer- everyone who rides their Sportster in will get a free range pass and we'll have some free guns and free ammo to try out- we could also have a BBQ or something- sound good?
I'm there.
Old 29th December 2010
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883 > NRHS 1250
maddenj is just really nicemaddenj is just really nicemaddenj is just really nicemaddenj is just really nicemaddenj is just really nicemaddenj is just really nicemaddenj is just really nicemaddenj is just really nicemaddenj is just really nicemaddenj is just really nicemaddenj is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by davev1954 View Post
I'm planning on riding to a buddies house in northern Idaho this summer, is the invite open to SoCal residents....

if the timing fits...
Old 30th December 2010
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyrocket View Post
can you post a pic of your rear fender mounted,I like the way its been "BOBBED"instead of being chopped in half!
Ricky,
Not mounted yet, but mocked up so I could get a picture for you. I am calling it a "trim" since bobbed and chopped are over used enough that their meaning is unclear. In my way of thinking this is the shape it should have been from the factory. But that may just be me.

The look will change some more when the tail light gets here.

kr
Know Thy Hog