The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Biltwell  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > OFF TOPIC > Military Vets, Active Duty, Reserves
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Military Vets, Active Duty, Reserves This area is for veterans and military members of all countires can discuss vet issues.

Members Birthdays
Sky Smith Insurance
Superbrace
NRHS Performance Long 2
Fix My Hog

DK Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th January 2011
Banned

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 08
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL 1000
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1979
Krypto is a splendid one to beholdKrypto is a splendid one to beholdKrypto is a splendid one to beholdKrypto is a splendid one to beholdKrypto is a splendid one to beholdKrypto is a splendid one to beholdKrypto is a splendid one to beholdKrypto is a splendid one to beholdKrypto is a splendid one to beholdKrypto is a splendid one to beholdKrypto is a splendid one to behold
Default A letter to Obama's Assistant Director for National Security that was e-mailed to me.

MILITARY PAY

CINDY WILLIAMS was appointed by Obama as an Assistant Director for NATIONAL SECURITY in the Congressional Budget Office.

This is an Airman's response to Cindy Williams' editorial piece in the Washington Times about MILITARY PAY, it should be printed in all newspapers across America .

Ms. Cindy William wrote a piece for the Washington Times denouncing the pay raise(s) coming service members' way this year citing that she stated a 13% wage increase was more than they deserve.

A young airman from Hill AFB responds to her article below. He ought to get a bonus for this.

"Ms Williams:
I just had the pleasure of reading your column, "Our GI's earn enough" and I am a bit confused. Frankly, I'm wondering where this vaunted overpayment is going, because as far as I can tell, it disappears every month between DFAS (The Defense Finance and Accounting Service) and my bank account. Checking my latest earnings statement I see that I make $1,117.80 before taxes per month. After taxes, I take home $874.20. When I run that through the calculator, I come up with an annual salary of $13,413.60 before taxes, and $10,490.40 after.

I work in the Air Force Network Control Center where I am part of the team responsible for a 5,000 host computer network. I am involved with infrastructure segments, specifically with Cisco Systems equipment. A quick check under jobs for "Network Technicians" in the Washington , D.C. area reveals a position in my career field, requiring three years’ experience in my job. Amazingly, this job does NOT pay $13,413.60 a year. No, this job is being offered at $70,000 to $80,000 per annum............ I'm sure you can draw the obvious conclusions.

Given the tenor of your column, I would assume that you NEVER had the pleasure of serving your country in her armed forces.
Before you take it upon yourself to once more castigate congressional and DOD leadership for attempting to get the families in the military's lowest pay brackets off of WIC and food stamps, I suggest that you join a group of deploying soldiers headed for AFGHANISTAN ; I leave the choice of service branch up to you. Whatever choice you make though, opt for the SIX month rotation: it will guarantee you the longest possible time away from your family and friends, thus giving you full "deployment experience."

As your group prepares to board the plane, make sure to note the spouses and children who are saying good-bye to their loved ones. Also take care to note that several families are still unsure of how they'll be able to make ends meet while the primary breadwinner is gone. Obviously they've been squandering the "vast" piles of cash the government has been giving them.

Try to deploy over a major holiday; Christmas and Thanksgiving are perennial favorites. And when you're actually over there, sitting in a foxhole, shivering against the cold desert night, and the flight sergeant tells you that there aren't enough people on shift to relieve you for chow, remember this: trade whatever MRE's (meal-ready-to-eat) you manage to get for the tuna noodle casserole or cheese tortellini, and add Tabasco to everything. This gives some flavor.

Talk to your loved ones as often as you are permitted; it won't be nearly long enough or often enough, but take what you can get and be thankful for it. You may have picked up on the fact that I disagree with most of the points you present in your open piece.

But, tomorrow from KABUL , I will defend to the death your right to say it.

You see, I am an American fighting man, a guarantor of your First Amendment right and every other right you cherish...On a daily basis, my brother and sister soldiers worldwide ensure that you and people like you can thumb your collective noses at us, all on a salary that is nothing short of pitiful and under conditions that would make most people cringe. We hemorrhage our best and brightest into the private sector because we can't offer the stability and pay of civilian companies.

And you, Ms Williams, have the gall to say that we make more than we deserve?

A1C Michael Bragg, Hill AFB AFNCC
Old 11th January 2011
JESTER SYNDICATE

Sportster/Buell Model: NRHS Stage II 1250-R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Rico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond repute

And yet the media is amazed...that politicians and bureaucrats are so disliked.

Well said Airman Bragg!!!
Old 11th January 2011
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
xxx will become famous soon enoughxxx will become famous soon enoughxxx will become famous soon enoughxxx will become famous soon enoughxxx will become famous soon enoughxxx will become famous soon enoughxxx will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypto View Post
MILITARY PAY

CINDY WILLIAMS was appointed by Obama as an Assistant Director for NATIONAL SECURITY in the Congressional Budget Office.
Wow. I would be happy to have my tax dollars go towards raises for the military members. Giving them more money is stimulative to the economy by increasing demand. It is almost a no-brainer. These military folks will certainly not sit on this extra cash, after all. The Obama administration is a big disappointment. If he ran his office with the finesse and competence he ran his presidential campaign, we'd be far better off.
Old 11th January 2011
JESTER SYNDICATE

Sportster/Buell Model: NRHS Stage II 1250-R
Rico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx View Post
Wow. I would be happy to have my tax dollars go towards raises for the military members. Giving them more money is stimulative to the economy by increasing demand. It is almost a no-brainer. These military folks will certainly not sit on this extra cash, after all. The Obama administration is a big disappointment. If he ran his office with the finesse and competence he ran his presidential campaign, we'd be far better off.
Also Well Said...Rep for you.
Old 11th January 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1998 S= Superior Model
Sportster/Buell Year: 1998
shotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond repute

Sad But true !
Know Thy Hog

Old 11th January 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
CaptEvo has a brilliant futureCaptEvo has a brilliant futureCaptEvo has a brilliant futureCaptEvo has a brilliant futureCaptEvo has a brilliant futureCaptEvo has a brilliant futureCaptEvo has a brilliant futureCaptEvo has a brilliant futureCaptEvo has a brilliant futureCaptEvo has a brilliant futureCaptEvo has a brilliant future

That was an op-ed piece written in 2000 and she was not appointed by Obama. She was in the Clinton administration for 1994-1997. The funny thing is this article caused alot of grief for Cindy Williams the actress of Laverne and Shirley. Spam is spam

Old 11th January 2011
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: 883r
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
02883r is a name known to all02883r is a name known to all02883r is a name known to all02883r is a name known to all02883r is a name known to all02883r is a name known to all02883r is a name known to all02883r is a name known to all02883r is a name known to all02883r is a name known to all02883r is a name known to all

Wow, that gave me chills. To all if you on here who are currently or have in the past served this great country of ours; sincerely, thank you.

I am shamed to see that there are high ranking members in our government who have the nerve to downplay the cost (emotionally and monetarily) of what our troops so selflessly pay in order for us to keep our freedoms.
Old 11th January 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1998 S= Superior Model
Sportster/Buell Year: 1998
shotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/gipay.asp

it's not the actress Cindy Williams

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2000Jan11.html
Old 11th January 2011
"So this is what I am."

Sportster/Buell Model: xl 883c<1212
chardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant future

Members of our armed services need raises more often, and better incentives to stay in the service. Anyone in my opinion who sees other wise are fools, and need to spend a day in the life of a soldier or vet.
Amidst the mists and coldest frosts,
With stoutest wrists and loudest boasts,
He thrusts his fists against the posts,
And still insists he sees the ghosts.

Zombie Leg Humpers M.C.
http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/group.php?groupid=90
Old 11th January 2011
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Other Motorcycle Model: Road King
Other Motorcycle Year: 2000
halfdrive has much to be proud ofhalfdrive has much to be proud ofhalfdrive has much to be proud ofhalfdrive has much to be proud ofhalfdrive has much to be proud ofhalfdrive has much to be proud ofhalfdrive has much to be proud ofhalfdrive has much to be proud ofhalfdrive has much to be proud ofhalfdrive has much to be proud ofhalfdrive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptEvo View Post
That was an op-ed piece written in 2000 and she was not appointed by Obama. She was in the Clinton administration for 1994-1997. The funny thing is this article caused alot of grief for Cindy Williams the actress of Laverne and Shirley. Spam is spam
Capt, You beat me to it. This piece has been around a long time and keeps getting updated and sent on.
Know Thy Hog