The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum S&S Cycle  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE & BUELL MOTORCYCLE FORUM - GENERAL DISCUSSION > Dealers, Stealers, Indys and Parts Dealers
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Dealers, Stealers, Indys and Parts Dealers Who did good by you and who did bad by you

Members Birthdays
motobraz, dwr302, xlchjoe (60), rider31 (54), Viper (42), KJcrownRRdriver (42), krafty (38), EezyE (37), SmokeyXL (34)
Get Lowered
Speedway Instruments
Get Lowered
DK Customs

Foxcreek Leather

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd March 2011
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
worn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Warning: robw23 ebay / Rob's Cycle Supply

Ordered forward controls off ebay from robw23, they were shipped fast, arrived complete and undamaged so I left positive feedback. When I mounted them I found the splines would slip making them useless, everything sat at odd angles, chrome was chipping, threads had to be chased of chrome etc. Basically they were junk so I contacted the seller and he agreed to take them back for a store credit, not a refund because they were "used", after they said we sell them, we don't make them.
I sent them back towards the end of Nov.2010 got confirmation they received them and ordered something else off their web site. Waited, nothing. Many emails, most not replied to, some replied to with "part is back ordered, or who were you talking to, and have nothing here about that". Sent another email last week and got the reply "we don't carry the part you ordered, I have no record of parts returned and who were you talking to". I forwarded all correspondence we've had through ebay to them, waited, no reply. Emailed again a few days ago no reply.
So I'm out the cost of the junk Custom Chrome forward controls, plus shipping 2 ways. At first I thought they were just busy and maybe disorganized, or just plain stupid. They have been stalling and stretching this out so long, ebay and Paypal won't help, and hopefully I will just go away.
I don't expect to ever see any parts or money from them, just be warned.
As of today they've had in the past year 12472 positive transactions, 40 neutrals, and 43 negatives. Overall that's a lot of transactions, but still 83 unhappy customers is still 83 unhappy customers.

ebay user name robw23
Rob's Cycle Supply
3812 Brewerton Rd
North Syracuse NY 13212
USA
Old 4th March 2011
Chief Harley Engineer

worn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of light

bump for more exposure and my own satisfaction
Old 4th March 2011
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883 Low
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
thegev is a jewel in the roughthegev is a jewel in the roughthegev is a jewel in the roughthegev is a jewel in the roughthegev is a jewel in the roughthegev is a jewel in the roughthegev is a jewel in the roughthegev is a jewel in the roughthegev is a jewel in the roughthegev is a jewel in the roughthegev is a jewel in the rough

I've purchased almost all of my parts from them, good price, service and fast shipping. Never had a problem. Try calling them up again. I'm pretty sure theyll take care of you. Hope everything turns out ok.
Old 4th March 2011
Chief Harley Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegev View Post
I've purchased almost all of my parts from them, good price, service and fast shipping. Never had a problem. Try calling them up again. I'm pretty sure theyll take care of you. Hope everything turns out ok.
I have bought quite a few parts off them on ebay with no problem too, but they stiffed me on this exchange. I did call once and the guy on the phone couldn't do anything/didn't know anything about it and said he couldn't put me through to whoever takes care of the ebay sales, said there was no phone in the other building. I left a message and again, nothing.
If they were going to make it right would it take 3 months? All I've got is stalling and excuses, when they actually do reply.
Old 5th March 2011
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883 Low
thegev is a jewel in the roughthegev is a jewel in the roughthegev is a jewel in the roughthegev is a jewel in the roughthegev is a jewel in the roughthegev is a jewel in the roughthegev is a jewel in the roughthegev is a jewel in the roughthegev is a jewel in the roughthegev is a jewel in the roughthegev is a jewel in the rough

File a complaint thru EBay they might be able to help.
Know Thy Hog

Old 5th March 2011
Chief Harley Engineer

The 45 day complaint period is long gone, it's now been stretched out to 3 months. I tried going through both ebay and Paypal, but too much time has passed. Me being in Canada and the fact it has gone on too long, I'm just out of luck and Rob's knows it.
Old 8th March 2011
Chief Harley Engineer

I sent a link to this thread to Rob's just let them think about how many potential sales they may lose by screwing me out of $200. Wonder if it was worth it to them?
Old 8th March 2011
Senior Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
D-Rock is just really niceD-Rock is just really niceD-Rock is just really niceD-Rock is just really niceD-Rock is just really niceD-Rock is just really niceD-Rock is just really niceD-Rock is just really niceD-Rock is just really niceD-Rock is just really niceD-Rock is just really nice

Good for you putting this for everybody to see. I would respect them more if they initially said something like "since you installed them I can't take em back", but to say "sure I'll give you store credit" and just stall or give excuses is BS. A company ain't sh!t if they can't stand by their word. Just think of all the time they would have saved you if they just told you straight up "can't take em back" and that its posted on their seller page if indeed it is...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2008 XL1200R Black Pearl. Vance & Hines Sideshots, SE Heavy Breather, Power Commander IIIUSB, HD 1/4 Fairing, 13-1/2" Progressive 440 IAS Rear Shocks, Intiminators & Superbrace for Front Suspension, Mustang Vintage Solo Under the Tail Bone , Metzler ME880 shoes, Un-Molested Motor...

[URL="http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?t=913536"]Dons Cycleware Saddlebags[/URL]
Old 8th March 2011
Chief Harley Engineer

Thanks D-Rock, hope my post keeps them from getting the opportunity to take somebody else's money. As of today they have one more negative feedback on ebay making it now 44 negatives and 40 neutrals for a one year period.
Old 8th March 2011
Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: sporty
Sportster/Buell Year: 69
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Sporty
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 60
Other Motorcycle Model: Pan, Evo, Indian
Other Motorcycle Year: 61
egarrett has a spectacular aura aboutegarrett has a spectacular aura aboutegarrett has a spectacular aura aboutegarrett has a spectacular aura aboutegarrett has a spectacular aura aboutegarrett has a spectacular aura aboutegarrett has a spectacular aura aboutegarrett has a spectacular aura aboutegarrett has a spectacular aura aboutegarrett has a spectacular aura aboutegarrett has a spectacular aura about

Right on worn,,I hear ya. I buy plenty of parts online and on e bay. I'll remember these people and stay away from'm....Thanks for the heads up....
Know Thy Hog