The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Biltwell  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE & BUELL MOTORCYCLE FORUM - GENERAL DISCUSSION > Dealers, Stealers, Indys and Parts Dealers
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Dealers, Stealers, Indys and Parts Dealers Who did good by you and who did bad by you

Members Birthdays
seajay, Hugh Betcha (68), jimhd89 (65), JayFL459 (65), Big Al (58), dakota_dj (57), 10walt (55), kiltbill (55), timsvalk (54), horsewriter (49), Benetampa (37)
S&S Cycle
Bison Motorsports
Speedway Instruments
Lickscycles

Figure Machine

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th March 2011
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 06
Other Motorcycle Model: Parts of few
Other Motorcycle Year: old
maximummaxime is just really nicemaximummaxime is just really nicemaximummaxime is just really nicemaximummaxime is just really nicemaximummaxime is just really nicemaximummaxime is just really nicemaximummaxime is just really nicemaximummaxime is just really nicemaximummaxime is just really nicemaximummaxime is just really nicemaximummaxime is just really nice

^^^+1^^^ I will remember robw23 I do plenty of business on ebay and will stay away from this user.
you can have 100 good transaction with the same vendor but you really see service quality when problems upcomes.
The company who make it right (whithin reasonnable expectation) are the one worth repeat business.
Old 8th March 2011
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Sportster/Buell Model #2: sportster
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1979
Other Motorcycle Model: suzuki gs1000
Other Motorcycle Year: 1980
Mental2 is just really niceMental2 is just really niceMental2 is just really niceMental2 is just really niceMental2 is just really niceMental2 is just really niceMental2 is just really niceMental2 is just really niceMental2 is just really niceMental2 is just really niceMental2 is just really nice

I had a ebay issue with them also it was a chrome headlight eyebrow cover cost like 13 bucks didnt fit wortha shit had to threaten bad feedback just to get my lousey 13 bucks back .
Old 9th March 2011
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
worn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of light

robw23's negative feedback for just the past year:

Update, March 20....now 49 negatives, 42 neutrals
Old 9th March 2011
Senior Chief Know It All 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200c
Sportster/Buell Year: 08
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Xlh
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 77
dr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud of

I will not do business with them either thanks for the heads up
Old 21st March 2011
Chief Harley Engineer

worn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of lightworn is a glorious beacon of light

Rob's Cycle Supply / robw23 on ebay now has

50 negatives for a one year period
42 neutrals for a one year period

This is for only the past 12 months and has been using this current user ID since 2003.
How many people do you have to screw over, piss off and steal from before ebay gives you the boot
Know Thy Hog

Old 21st March 2011
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: sporty
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
03anniverserysporty will become famous soon enough03anniverserysporty will become famous soon enough03anniverserysporty will become famous soon enough03anniverserysporty will become famous soon enough03anniverserysporty will become famous soon enough03anniverserysporty will become famous soon enough

ordered three items so far from him had no issues
Old 21st March 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Cosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond reputeCosmo Kramer has a reputation beyond repute

Worn, thanks for the info...I'll be staying away from him.

Although he still doesn't have anything on my favorite....American Classic Motors.....

Robw23 last 12 months:
Transactions: 12671
Neutral: 42
Negative: 50

American Classic Motors last 12 months:
Transactions: 15227
Neutral: 174
Negative: 124

Some of Rob's feedback:
After 10 days I had to ask Ebay for help. Seller never shipped the Item.

first item not as described seller swears to sent replacement have yet to recive

Customer service was of no help at all, bad experience wont use again!

And my favorite...check out the response:

Exhaust came incomplete. The seller does not respond.

Reply by robw23 (Mar-12-11 07:03):
LIAR! We asked what was missing - these use original mount bracket. NO REPLY!

Now that is what I call great customer service!

Some of American Classic Motor's recent feedback:

one speaker didnt work called left 3 messages company will not return my calls

Wrong bearings,slow shipping,rude staff, cost me $100 in repairs to fix wheel.

I will never buy anything from this company ever again

paid for 2-28 this is 3-12, paypal shows still not shipped

sent part back had to open a claim with eBay to get my money back

Doesn't look like ACM has changed their stripes either! I wonder if Rob used to work in their customer service department???

However people will keep going back to both of them. The volume they do hides their poor customer service very well but like it has been said....you can really tell a lot about a company in how they react when things go wrong.

If you don't stand behind our troops, please, feel free to stand in front of them!
Old 21st March 2011
Chief Harley Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03anniverserysporty View Post
ordered three items so far from him had no issues
I had bought about 10 items from him before he stole my money.
Old 21st March 2011
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
ecosse_xlc is a glorious beacon of lightecosse_xlc is a glorious beacon of lightecosse_xlc is a glorious beacon of lightecosse_xlc is a glorious beacon of lightecosse_xlc is a glorious beacon of lightecosse_xlc is a glorious beacon of lightecosse_xlc is a glorious beacon of lightecosse_xlc is a glorious beacon of lightecosse_xlc is a glorious beacon of lightecosse_xlc is a glorious beacon of lightecosse_xlc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Never had a problem

Bought a fair few items from them and had the goods shipped to the UK. Had no issues with any of the purchases and always been quick shipping. Having not had a dispute with them over a purchase its a shame to hear of your experience with them and as maximummaxime said its how a company resolves the issues that make one company stand out from another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worn View Post
12472 positive transactions, 40 neutrals, and 43 negatives.
Although based on the figures above, 99.4% satisfied customers on over 12,000 sales means they must be doing something right most of the time.....

HOWEVER I think based on what you have said you've had a real shitty experience and I hope you get it sorted out . Sounds like the controls were not fit for purpose and really if they were as defective as you say then I would be expecting a refund if it happened to me.

Sounds like you need to speak to someone in authority at Rob's to get it sorted out pronto. Good Luck! Hope theres a good outcome from this for you..

If you don't ride in the rain, you don't ride
Old 21st March 2011
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: sporty
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
03anniverserysporty will become famous soon enough03anniverserysporty will become famous soon enough03anniverserysporty will become famous soon enough03anniverserysporty will become famous soon enough03anniverserysporty will become famous soon enough03anniverserysporty will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by worn View Post
I had bought about 10 items from him before he stole my money.
he is less than 60miles from me i will show up on his doorstep
Know Thy Hog