The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum GL Sportster  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems For discussing problems about your Sportster motorcycle that don't fit anywhere else.

Members Birthdays
hardride1955 (59), 91Sportster (52), PSEBYL (51), Aussiegirl (44), FastMag (43)
Lowbrow Customs
RYCA Motors
Foxcreek Leather
Foxcreek Leather

S&S Cycle

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st November 2007
The XL Forum Host

Sportster/Buell Model: 883>1250 Stage 2
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
bplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant future
Default Famous and infamous people who ride Sportsters

I just saw this on Foxnews.com and found it weird.

This is Drew Peterson, a Chicago police officer and currently a suspect in a missing wife case and the death of his third wife. Can you tell by the photo below what kind of motorcycle he is riding? Hint....look at the mirrors and speedometer. I think it is a Sportster Custom.

XLF on FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/XLFORUM

AMA #961454
MY GALLERY

02 883 > NRHS 1250 Stage 2 - Nasty Nancy
Old 21st November 2007
The XL Forum Host

bplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant futurebplinson has a brilliant future

Just found some better photos and I am correct!!

Old 21st November 2007
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200xls
Sportster/Buell Year: 1996
tim4hire will become famous soon enoughtim4hire will become famous soon enoughtim4hire will become famous soon enoughtim4hire will become famous soon enoughtim4hire will become famous soon enoughtim4hire will become famous soon enoughtim4hire will become famous soon enough

It's a rubber mount 04 and up
Any body else got a pix of some one famous or in the news riding a Sporty?
This could turn out to be an interesting thread Bert
Old 21st November 2007
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883-1250
Sportster/Buell Year: 1999
Other Motorcycle Model: 600cc CBR
Other Motorcycle Year: 1987
Weo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to allWeo is a name known to all

Although I couldn't find a picture, Richard Dean Anderson (MacGyver)lists a 1000cc Sportster in his bio.

Although its easier to find pics of Keanu Reeves (Matrix) on his Norton Commando, you can find a few pics of him on a Sportster Custom. www.mediastorehouse.com

I don't know if it was given as a gimmick by HD for her show, but every once in awhile you'll see video/pics of Jackie Warner on a Sporster (Bravo channel -> Workout): Vanity Fair
Old 21st November 2007
The XL Forum Host

Great finds Weo!!

I better get this one in here before someone beats me to it.

If the Sporty is good enough for "The King", then it is good enough for me. Actually this is a KH but I am not going to be picky!

Know Thy Hog

Old 21st November 2007
The XL Forum Host

Of course we all know who this is!

Old 21st November 2007
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C (Heywood)
Sportster/Buell Year: '05
Other Motorcycle Model: Ultra (T-Bagger)
Other Motorcycle Year: '03
Krayven Sumhead has disabled reputation

Duane Allman rode a Sportster. I think the LEO who's 4th wife is missing would be considered infamous instead of 'famous'.
Old 21st November 2007
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Vegas1200C is a glorious beacon of lightVegas1200C is a glorious beacon of lightVegas1200C is a glorious beacon of lightVegas1200C is a glorious beacon of lightVegas1200C is a glorious beacon of lightVegas1200C is a glorious beacon of lightVegas1200C is a glorious beacon of lightVegas1200C is a glorious beacon of lightVegas1200C is a glorious beacon of lightVegas1200C is a glorious beacon of lightVegas1200C is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayven Sumhead View Post
I think the LEO who's 4th wife is missing would be considered infamous instead of 'famous'.
In this Country you are famous until proven infamous...and then you just become more famous.

http://xlforum.net/photopost/data/500/medium/Picture123.jpg
Old 21st November 2007
The XL Forum Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayven Sumhead View Post
I think the LEO who's 4th wife is missing would be considered infamous instead of 'famous'.
Thread title changed!
Old 21st November 2007
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
dagsportster is a jewel in the roughdagsportster is a jewel in the roughdagsportster is a jewel in the roughdagsportster is a jewel in the roughdagsportster is a jewel in the roughdagsportster is a jewel in the roughdagsportster is a jewel in the roughdagsportster is a jewel in the roughdagsportster is a jewel in the roughdagsportster is a jewel in the roughdagsportster is a jewel in the rough

Looks to be a 1200 Custom alright, about as close to stock as you can get aside from the chrome side covers. I like his New Balance "boots" .
Know Thy Hog