The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum NRHS PERFORMANCE 1  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Styles > Chopper & Bobber Talk
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Chopper & Bobber Talk Talk about your Sportster motorcycle chopper or bobber!!.

Members Birthdays
jojo, 5lv (66), BobbyB (60), BigBrotherWatching (52), black1200r (45), Jnomad72 (42), michigan113 (39), xl1200c (33)
Biltwell
Biltwell
Figure Machine
Get Lowered

Motor Stage
Tags
bobber, hard tail, harley trike, ironhead, sportster trike

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th June 2012
Senior Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: xl883c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
darkdesign is a splendid one to beholddarkdesign is a splendid one to beholddarkdesign is a splendid one to beholddarkdesign is a splendid one to beholddarkdesign is a splendid one to beholddarkdesign is a splendid one to beholddarkdesign is a splendid one to beholddarkdesign is a splendid one to beholddarkdesign is a splendid one to beholddarkdesign is a splendid one to beholddarkdesign is a splendid one to behold

if there's a box of stuff in your garage that has been taken off your bike, then it's a bobber. The extent is just what your budget and local popo will put up with. As soon as you take a saw to your bike for anything more than the tins, it's a short chop. I'm not overly interested in labels however, they don't achieve anything. The best kind of bike is one that is moving.
Old 26th June 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster XLH 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
Other Motorcycle Model: Heritage Springer
Other Motorcycle Year: 2002
Hammer is just really niceHammer is just really niceHammer is just really niceHammer is just really niceHammer is just really niceHammer is just really niceHammer is just really niceHammer is just really niceHammer is just really niceHammer is just really niceHammer is just really nice

Finally got the new tires![
\
Old 26th June 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 48 XL1200X
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
OzzyD will become famous soon enoughOzzyD will become famous soon enoughOzzyD will become famous soon enoughOzzyD will become famous soon enoughOzzyD will become famous soon enoughOzzyD will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemock View Post
thank GOD someone said this.....the word bobber is so loosely thrown around i dont think anyone knows what they have. i really dont know what to call mine but at least it has some real stuff done to it.....
mmmmmmmmmm........ ok. So should I read the bobber "bible" before I open my mouth? any passages recommended?

look, I LOVE this forum cause I get to see amazing bikes and amazing people that share their rides with the community. I goy inspiration for my ride form this forum so I thought why not post back. Sorry if I offended your "bobber" ethics.
Old 26th June 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL
Sportster/Buell Year: 1974
ppetersan is a jewel in the roughppetersan is a jewel in the roughppetersan is a jewel in the roughppetersan is a jewel in the roughppetersan is a jewel in the roughppetersan is a jewel in the roughppetersan is a jewel in the roughppetersan is a jewel in the roughppetersan is a jewel in the roughppetersan is a jewel in the roughppetersan is a jewel in the rough

Here's one of mine:

Love the pics everyone. Thanks for posting
Old 26th June 2012
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1969
Robicycle is a jewel in the roughRobicycle is a jewel in the roughRobicycle is a jewel in the roughRobicycle is a jewel in the roughRobicycle is a jewel in the roughRobicycle is a jewel in the roughRobicycle is a jewel in the roughRobicycle is a jewel in the roughRobicycle is a jewel in the roughRobicycle is a jewel in the roughRobicycle is a jewel in the rough

One of?

Very cool...
Know Thy Hog

Old 26th June 2012
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Kustom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
Coxbow is a splendid one to beholdCoxbow is a splendid one to beholdCoxbow is a splendid one to beholdCoxbow is a splendid one to beholdCoxbow is a splendid one to beholdCoxbow is a splendid one to beholdCoxbow is a splendid one to beholdCoxbow is a splendid one to beholdCoxbow is a splendid one to beholdCoxbow is a splendid one to beholdCoxbow is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppetersan View Post
Here's one of mine:

Very nice !

what taillight is that ?

HORN BROKEN WATCH FOR FINGER...
Old 28th June 2012
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883
Sportster/Buell Year: 1990
Other Motorcycle Model: triumph,bsa, bmw, yamaha,
Other Motorcycle Year: 1957
HacksawsGarage will become famous soon enoughHacksawsGarage will become famous soon enoughHacksawsGarage will become famous soon enoughHacksawsGarage will become famous soon enoughHacksawsGarage will become famous soon enoughHacksawsGarage will become famous soon enoughHacksawsGarage will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdesign View Post
if there's a box of stuff in your garage that has been taken off your bike, then it's a bobber. The extent is just what your budget and local popo will put up with. As soon as you take a saw to your bike for anything more than the tins, it's a short chop. I'm not overly interested in labels however, they don't achieve anything. The best kind of bike is one that is moving.
i would have to disagree with this. a chopper has a cut frame. along chop has the traditional chopper long front end and large rake. a short chop would look more like a bobber, but again, its frame has been cut.

certainly most any bike would benefit from having many of its stock parts tossed into a box. but originally, bobbers were just that. stock fenders cut off and bobbed to reduce weight for the run what ya brung racers of the 30's
-60's.
remember a 1930's harley fender weighed a lot back then.
Old 28th June 2012
Know It All

HacksawsGarage will become famous soon enoughHacksawsGarage will become famous soon enoughHacksawsGarage will become famous soon enoughHacksawsGarage will become famous soon enoughHacksawsGarage will become famous soon enoughHacksawsGarage will become famous soon enoughHacksawsGarage will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyD View Post
mmmmmmmmmm........ ok. So should I read the bobber "bible" before I open my mouth? any passages recommended?

look, I LOVE this forum cause I get to see amazing bikes and amazing people that share their rides with the community. I goy inspiration for my ride form this forum so I thought why not post back. Sorry if I offended your "bobber" ethics.
it didnt offend mine. i give my opinions based upon what i have experienced in my 6o years of life. no one has to agree. call whatever you have what you wish. i will! LOL!
Old 28th June 2012
Know It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppetersan View Post
Here's one of mine:

this bike is sweet! i would call it a short chop but it does nicely as a bobber.
the key here is its almost stock looking stance. despite the well integrated chopper parts, it still looks a sporty! very tasteful.
Old 7th July 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster XLH883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
sporty_chuck is on a distinguished roadsporty_chuck is on a distinguished road

Here is mine
Know Thy Hog