The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum DK Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Motor / Engine > Sportster Motorcycle Engine Conversions
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Engine Conversions Advice, questions, and tips for 1200, 1250, 1340, 1450 etc... for Sportster and Buell motorcycle engine conversions

Members Birthdays
Wardog (65), ZeD (62), JamieSporty95 (42), JStrong (37), llsmketr, Phelan (29)
BIKE BUILDER
Dead Creek Cycles
DK Customs
Lowbrow Customs

DK Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th August 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
mangojoyride is on a distinguished roadmangojoyride is on a distinguished roadmangojoyride is on a distinguished roadmangojoyride is on a distinguished road

fine fine, NoS it is
Old 18th August 2012
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 04
~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangojoyride View Post
and just think, you could stick a turbo on it later in the future too
I've thought about that. The cool factor is off the charts with turbos. It's just not my cup of tea. I prefer to keep it simple. I guess thats why I like carburetors. The cool thing about NA motors is that the power is always there. It's built into the motor so to speak. You're not depending on a squirt of this or a spin of that. It's just raw old school power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wedge's Father....
Old 18th August 2012
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute~Grind~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico 05R View Post
The new 1250 map has been sent.
Thanks Rick, you're a gentleman and a scholar......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 18th August 2012
Senior Master Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 1200 xl sportster custom
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 03
Other Motorcycle Model: 1200 low sportster
Other Motorcycle Year: 06
Bob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to all

so wear is the new sound vid have you had her out yet to give her a good blast yet im mean being easy on the loud handle.
Old 18th August 2012
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob s hog View Post
so wear is the new sound vid have you had her out yet to give her a good blast yet im mean being easy on the loud handle.
Hey Bob, I did take it out for a 1.25 mile ride a little while ago. Didn't get it over 3 grand. Ran great and was quiet! No oil leaks either . I'll post a vid when I can ride it a little longer. When are you going to start your build?
Know Thy Hog

Old 18th August 2012
Senior Master Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 1200 xl sportster custom
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 03
Other Motorcycle Model: 1200 low sportster
Other Motorcycle Year: 06
Bob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to allBob s hog is a name known to all

gota call dan and see how things are going he sent one of my heads back he didnt like the powder coating on the one head im on the fence when im starting im still driving her know and im thinking this winter when i can pull the engin and do it up right im pritty pickey about this stuff you did a great job on yours so it a lot quiter with the new cams .
Old 19th August 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1460C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: XLH
Other Motorcycle Year: 1972
sportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond repute

Sooooo, Scott, 1.25 miles huh? Gonna be sailing right past me before you know it,LOL!
I.B.A.#26543, Old age and treachery ALWAYS overcome youth and skill! ******** Growing old-Mandatory/ Growing up-optional. Men do not quit playing because they get old, they grow old because they quit playing
Old 19th August 2012
Whitworth Products

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: 5 bikes and 1 quad
wedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsterpaul View Post
Sooooo, Scott, 1.25 miles huh? Gonna be sailing right past me before you know it,LOL!
Come on now... We both know he's riding further than someone we know.

I'm not about to give Scott any $#!t after all he's been through here. He's in the relax and think it over stage I bet. That's where I will wake up at 3 in the morning and run out and look for the lock washer on the bench that I can't remember if I put in or not.

Tomorrow is the "test" ride...

Whitworth Fork Brace: http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/m...outme&simple=1

Old 19th August 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1460C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: XLH
Other Motorcycle Year: 1972
sportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond repute

Just the thought of Scott riding down a road, (any road), puts a smile on my face. I'm good with that!
Old 19th August 2012
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Just got back from the 2.25 mile ride. I think we gotta keeper here! Ran and sounded great! kept it under 3000 RPM again... If it's not raining in the morning, I'm riding it to work. Going to work is so much easier when I get to ride the bike. Now all I have to do is get through these next 500 miles....
Know Thy Hog