The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum S&S Cycle  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Styles > Sportster Motorcycle Project
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
NRHS
Lowbrow Customs
Zippers Performance
Motor Stage

Dead Creek Cycles

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th July 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: xl 1200 Turbo
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Moto-Tech has a spectacular aura aboutMoto-Tech has a spectacular aura aboutMoto-Tech has a spectacular aura aboutMoto-Tech has a spectacular aura aboutMoto-Tech has a spectacular aura aboutMoto-Tech has a spectacular aura aboutMoto-Tech has a spectacular aura aboutMoto-Tech has a spectacular aura aboutMoto-Tech has a spectacular aura aboutMoto-Tech has a spectacular aura aboutMoto-Tech has a spectacular aura about

There is an offset allen wrench for this on the drag Sp. catalogue.
Old 11th July 2012
outside the box racing

Sportster/Buell Model: Turbo 1350 XLSR
Sportster/Buell Year: 99
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Turbo 1350 XLDS project
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2000
Other Motorcycle Model: 883->1330 dragster
Other Motorcycle Year: 1991
bitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant future

i don't even have room for the angled allen. MUST use the ratchet shown above.
Old 11th July 2012
Biker

Moto-Tech has a spectacular aura aboutMoto-Tech has a spectacular aura aboutMoto-Tech has a spectacular aura aboutMoto-Tech has a spectacular aura aboutMoto-Tech has a spectacular aura aboutMoto-Tech has a spectacular aura aboutMoto-Tech has a spectacular aura aboutMoto-Tech has a spectacular aura aboutMoto-Tech has a spectacular aura aboutMoto-Tech has a spectacular aura aboutMoto-Tech has a spectacular aura about

I am trying to post my best Dyno run and I can't ,it tells me that I am exceding the space limit, With a 120kb image.
Old 11th July 2012
Senior Master Bolter Oner

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL883R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2003
Brad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Tech View Post
I am trying to post my best Dyno run and I can't ,it tells me that I am exceding the space limit, With a 120kb image.
Best bet is to host is somewhere else (like Photobucket) then just link it.
Old 11th July 2012
Biker

If I ever take my sporty to Utah it will have 2 Speedos. I would like to have a friendly race with the guys of NRHS, 1350 class.
Know Thy Hog

Old 11th July 2012
outside the box racing

bitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Tech View Post
If I ever take my sporty to Utah it will have 2 Speedos. I would like to have a friendly race with the guys of NRHS, 1350 class.
that's a good idea. making power is less than half the battle, from what i hear. being able to see when you are slipping will help, i think.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

tempered steels for sale... make offer.

digging through the clutch boneyard i came up with some steels that were less abused and an extra friction

and just started stuffing plates in the basket until it was full...

seems to work ok. just needs to last till next week.

--------------------------------------

i have gone down the old $20 parts from the hardware store home built clutch tool and i tell you what, the $65 i spent on the Jim's clutch tool is amongst the best money i have ever spent.
Old 11th July 2012
outside the box racing

my grasp of the obvious can be slow sometimes....

i am starting to less suspect my launch technique and leaning towards my engine just pulling through the clutch when on boost. imagine that.
Old 11th July 2012
Biker

Put more oil in there!!!! Extra 300cc it makes the difference in saving clutches. Take a look in how the busa guys when lean their bike the right at the drag strip.
Old 11th July 2012
outside the box racing

ghetto clutch is dragging. i guess i should have prepped the plates. not even going to worry about it. i can wait, i have other things to do.

like my job

and...... working out race trim.

stock busa top plate for mounting bars.

ohlin damper donated to the build by jason.

all that is left to do is steering lock. the bottom tree has nubs so i will just make a plate that uses the damper center bolt. that way it can be changed/removed when not needed.

so, with this step i am diverging from the 'ride it in off the street and race' direction of the build because i am also going to need rear-rear-rear-all-the-way-rear sets but i am going to try to make everything quick-change convertible like...

thanks for turning that stock down for me Jason.

you know i have to start a new thread for the race pron...
Old 12th July 2012
outside the box racing

imma waitin on the clutch - pretty much down until it gets here as i just don't have the heart to pull that primary cover.

so.. as you saw, i pulled my badass t-bars and mounted the busa top plate.

i had to dimple the bars and got all the controls/switches installed.

then i looked over on the bench at the Deutsche connector kit that has been mocking me for the last 2 months and decided it was time for a 'real' wiring harness.

with the right tools, hooking up Deutsche connectors is real easy.

with all the extra gear on the bike there are a LOT of connectors so i started by arranging the connectors on the backbone staggered so the tank can straddle them and taping them into place, then routing and cutting.

it's coming out quite nice. i will take some pics tomorrow when i finish.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T. S. Eliot

TGB #8
#1999 1350 APS-PBG AMA/USFRA current
Know Thy Hog