The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum DK Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > GENERAL AREA > Off-Topic/General Discussion
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Off-Topic/General Discussion Here is you can submit non-Sportster related topics. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION PLEASE.

Members Birthdays
Foxcreek Leather
Figure Machine
BIKE BUILDER
RYCA Motors

RYCA Motors
Tags
photography, pics, riding

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th May 2012
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
Captain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to all
Default The Motorcycle Picture Game

I've been cruising this site for a while now and have noticed all the separate (and one big combined) threads about your bike with pictures of certain places or things. What about a game to really challenge getting out and taking pics with a lot of different things that change each time a challenge is met? I give you The Motorcycle Picture Game. Now I'm not gonna act like this is my idea as I am copying it straight from another motorcycle forum but it's a great idea and a lot of fun. (and forgive me if there is already a thread like this but I did search and didn't find one.) Here's the rules...

Name a place or thing to take a picture with your bike. First person to go out, take, and post the picture picks the next one. Must be a picture taken after the challenge picked. Try not to make it impossible. no photoshops. If nobody else gets the picture within 1 week the person that picked it can choose a new one. New challenge must be picked when picture of the last one was posted

RULES:

1) After 3 days, the person who made the challenge can post their own picture and pick another topic.

2) If a challenge is not met after 1 week a new topic is picked by the previous challenger winner.

3) If a pic is in dispute, it needs 3 yes votes to be accepted.

4) After any comment, please put the current challenge at the bottom so everyone can stay up to date.

5) Pictures must be taken while OFF of the bike.

6) Pictures must be taken AFTER the challenge has been named. (no pics you just happened to have of said challenge)

7) No setting up challenges you know people cant win. Example - don't ask for a pic with something specific to where you live that others can't easily find in their area.

8) The following types of challenges are not allowed:
-action shots
-challenges involving other people
-duplicate challenges
-illegal challenges

9) If a picture has been posted but a new challenge has not been picked, the current challenge is still active until (a) new challenge has been picked or (b) another rider posts another picture satisfying the challenge and picks a new challenge.

10) You can post with any bike you would like but of course H-D's or Buell's are preferred.

Here's a sample to get us started...

Say the challenge was next to a road sign...

NEXT CHALLENGE: Your bike beside a cop car!

Last edited by Captain Awesomepants; 20th May 2012 at 20:19.. Reason: more details.
Old 20th May 2012
Banned

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
AsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesomepants View Post
7) No setting up challenges you know people cant win. Example - don't ask for a pic with something specific to where you live that others can't easily find in their area.

So like if somebody won the previous challenge, and then made their challenge something like "No post a pic of your bike parked next to an Inuit standing outside his igloo" would be unfair?

And what about using Tapatalk?
A few do, most of us don't.

Quote:
Old 20th May 2012
Harley Engineer

Captain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to all

yeah the whole igloo thing would be pretty hard for most of us i'd say. ha ha. or posting with a bunch of bald eagles or wild bears like certain people on this site can do... as far as what you use to post, i dont really see that it matters as long as the challenge is met with a pic and new challenge posted. but remember that any challenge met can be disputed if it is unclear that it was properly met.

oh yeah...

Last edited by Captain Awesomepants; 20th May 2012 at 19:54.. Reason: duh...
Old 20th May 2012
Banned

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
AsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
......or posting with a bunch of bald eagles or wild bears like certain people on this site can do...
The noive of some people

Quote:
Old 20th May 2012
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: xl1200c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
Other Motorcycle Model: Fatboy
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
scottsxl1200 has a brilliant futurescottsxl1200 has a brilliant futurescottsxl1200 has a brilliant futurescottsxl1200 has a brilliant futurescottsxl1200 has a brilliant futurescottsxl1200 has a brilliant futurescottsxl1200 has a brilliant futurescottsxl1200 has a brilliant futurescottsxl1200 has a brilliant futurescottsxl1200 has a brilliant futurescottsxl1200 has a brilliant future

Does it have to be a sportster?

Old 20th May 2012
Harley Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsxl1200 View Post
Does it have to be a sportster?
NO! It can be any bike that you own.

Old 21st May 2012
Harley Engineer

bump. let's get the game started!

Old 21st May 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL
Sportster/Buell Year: 08
Baphomet has disabled reputation

I don't think I can play. I've read all those rules twice and can't remember them. Can you please remove at least 10 of the rules first?
Old 21st May 2012
Dont know nuthin

Sportster/Buell Model: 48
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
Other Motorcycle Model: Kawasaki KZ650
Other Motorcycle Year: 1977
Rog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant futureRog48 has a brilliant future

Haha.........yeah.........WAY to many rules. Theres one on another forum without any rules......and you can even win something
Old 21st May 2012
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Fullcyc has much to be proud ofFullcyc has much to be proud ofFullcyc has much to be proud ofFullcyc has much to be proud ofFullcyc has much to be proud ofFullcyc has much to be proud ofFullcyc has much to be proud ofFullcyc has much to be proud ofFullcyc has much to be proud ofFullcyc has much to be proud ofFullcyc has much to be proud of

Hello Captain Awesomepants...
I think it's a great idea. I attempted to start one of these threads awhile back and had lost track of it so it just kind a died.

http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s....php?t=1429186

Hopefully we can get one of the threads moving along and get some tags to go chase down. Unfortunately, I've looked through all of my photos and none of them have a road sign in them anywhere. So, I'll see what I can come up with later today, or maybe someone will beat me to it, and we can get one of the games underway...

Have a great day, Jeff...
Know Thy Hog