The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Mother Road Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Frame Mount EVO Sportster Talk (1986-2003 models)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
truckmen (57), Scooter Trash (52), K2RMX.ROB (50), cherokee jim (50), Milazzo (48), benny04hd (34), Foxman (34), Chase1126 (23)
Licks Cycles
Energy One Clutches
883 Sportster
Licks Holiday

Motor Stage

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th June 2012
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XLC
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
sportbobster is just really nicesportbobster is just really nicesportbobster is just really nicesportbobster is just really nicesportbobster is just really nicesportbobster is just really nicesportbobster is just really nicesportbobster is just really nicesportbobster is just really nicesportbobster is just really nicesportbobster is just really nice

OK got it....thanks
Old 13th June 2012
Chief Harley Engineer

sportbobster is just really nicesportbobster is just really nicesportbobster is just really nicesportbobster is just really nicesportbobster is just really nicesportbobster is just really nicesportbobster is just really nicesportbobster is just really nicesportbobster is just really nicesportbobster is just really nicesportbobster is just really nice

I purchased a swingarm that will hold a 250 tire. It was stretched 4". I wanted to use the DNA sproctor/ brakester, however, it did not work with using the swingarm. My lack of knowledge. Spoctors are best with hardtail frames. So the dilema is to get a smaller brake caliper or just place the brake rotor and caliper on the opposite side. I really wanted a "clean" "open" look on the left side of the bike. Once again, you plan and plans change along the way.

The sproctor situation was posted on here. Once again, I really appreciate the help that was received by the members.

Old 13th June 2012
Chief Harley Engineer

The swingarm was reinforced with another cross bar and a plate to mount the shocks.
Old 13th June 2012
Chief Harley Engineer

I attended the bike show at the Carlisle Fairground during the summer. The availability of parts were plentiful. A few items were purchased including the rear fender. Great time at the show and will be going back this summer. Need more parts. With the swingarm, wheel, tire in place, lets see how the fender would look.

Old 13th June 2012
Chief Harley Engineer

With the fender in place, lets see how the new LED lights would look. Yup need to do some trimming of the fender. It looks way to bold and clumsy.

Know Thy Hog

Old 13th June 2012
Chief Harley Engineer

So lets take a step back and look at what I have. Yup it's time to.......PIMP MY FENDER!! Did some test runs on drawing paper. I saw 2 ways of doing it. If you look at the black paper on the fender, thats the part that would be cut.

Old 13th June 2012
Chief Harley Engineer

Now that I have an idea of how I want to cut it. It's time to trim down the sides. To get that close tight fit. Plus had the make some cuts for the chain travel path.

Old 13th June 2012
Chief Harley Engineer

So the fender is cut so how else can I make a lil difference in it. hmmmmm cut a design out the middle. So thats what I did. Ill be using a grilled design in the opening of the cut. the fender will be powdercoated BLACK and the grill insert ORANGE.

The fender fab is completed so...THE FENDER IS PIMPED!!!!

Old 13th June 2012
JESTER SYNDICATE

Sportster/Buell Model: NRHS Stage II 1250-R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Rico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond repute

Nice job so far, subscribed.
Old 13th June 2012
Chief Harley Engineer

Now lets see how the rear passenger’s seat frame going to take place. Cutting the seat frame, I would also need some additional support. So some tubing welded to the seat frame.

Know Thy Hog