The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Bison Motorsports  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders Discuss Sportster Motorcycle Suspension, Frame, Forks, Handlebars, Fuel Tank, Oil Tank, Fenders problems, advice, and/or how tos.

Members Birthdays
NHRS Performance
Bison Motorsports
RYCA Motors
Get Lowered

DK Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th June 2012
Super Moderator

Sportster/Buell Model: 883/1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Other Motorcycle Model: Harley Heritage
Other Motorcycle Year: 2007
Shu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to behold
Default '04 up Custom Bars

Can someone post the part number for the stock handlebars on the 2004 up 883C/1200C? I am thinking about putting those on my 2000 C to ease my back a little. I really like the look of my drag bars but they are just tearing up my back as I get older

GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
Screamin' Eagle 10:1 pistons
Stage 2 883 heads
Screamin' Eagle .497" cams
Screamin' Eagle Mikuni HSR42
Thunderheader
Forcewinder
Old 13th June 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Loony has much to be proud ofLoony has much to be proud ofLoony has much to be proud ofLoony has much to be proud ofLoony has much to be proud ofLoony has much to be proud ofLoony has much to be proud ofLoony has much to be proud ofLoony has much to be proud ofLoony has much to be proud ofLoony has much to be proud of

55840-04 is the part number

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....ROTTLE-CONTROL

Loony

2004 XL1200 Roadster - TC88A Jester 5 (Thanks Rico) - EZ IMS - CVP Jet Needle - 48 pilot - 180 Main - K&N Airfilter - SEII Slipons.

[QUOTE][I][B]I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there.[/B][/I][/QUOTE]

Richard Feynman, Letter to Armando Garcia J, December 11, 1985
US educator & physicist (1918 - 1988)

Please take a look at this amazing task and worthy cause:

[B][U]Christian Nock Around Britain - Coastline Walk To highlight the plight of homelessness of ex-soldiers.[/U][/B]

[I][B][U]Tools needed for the Job[/U][/B][/I]

:gbflag 1 X Mk1 British Army Infantry Soldier, a Target and some time. :gbflag

[url]http://www.christianaroundbritain.co.uk/[/url]

[url]http://www.bmycharity.com/ChristianNock[/url]

[url]https://www.facebook.com/christian.britain.3?fref=ts[/url]
Old 13th June 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 1996
daveatbenson will become famous soon enoughdaveatbenson will become famous soon enoughdaveatbenson will become famous soon enoughdaveatbenson will become famous soon enoughdaveatbenson will become famous soon enoughdaveatbenson will become famous soon enoughdaveatbenson will become famous soon enough

i did the same thing you are,i got mine from a freind,i did not see any part numbers on them,they are stock 1200c bars from an 04, they are about a 4inch rise,worked great for sitting me back a little
Old 13th June 2012
Super Moderator

Shu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to beholdShu is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Loony for the part number and the link to Ronnies. Been away from the XLF for a while and within five minutes I learned about something new.
Dave, you have any pictures?

Last edited by Shu; 13th June 2012 at 17:30..
Old 13th June 2012
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883 C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 2007 XL 883
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2007
DIESEL has disabled reputation

I may have a set at home Shu, let me look, if I do, they are yours for the cost of shipping. Not 100% sure I still have them...

I know I still have the riser, I may need a couple of bucks for that though

Send me a PM with your email address so I can send you a picture

Old 13th June 2012
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 Custom
LuxBlue has a reputation beyond reputeLuxBlue has a reputation beyond reputeLuxBlue has a reputation beyond reputeLuxBlue has a reputation beyond reputeLuxBlue has a reputation beyond reputeLuxBlue has a reputation beyond reputeLuxBlue has a reputation beyond reputeLuxBlue has a reputation beyond reputeLuxBlue has a reputation beyond reputeLuxBlue has a reputation beyond reputeLuxBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shu View Post
Can someone post the part number for the stock handlebars on the 2004 up 883C/1200C? I am thinking about putting those on my 2000 C to ease my back a little. I really like the look of my drag bars but they are just tearing up my back as I get older
Shu, I have the original bars from my 2004 1200Custom if ya want them. They're in pretty good shape.
Old 13th June 2012

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 Custom
LuxBlue has a reputation beyond reputeLuxBlue has a reputation beyond reputeLuxBlue has a reputation beyond reputeLuxBlue has a reputation beyond reputeLuxBlue has a reputation beyond reputeLuxBlue has a reputation beyond reputeLuxBlue has a reputation beyond reputeLuxBlue has a reputation beyond reputeLuxBlue has a reputation beyond reputeLuxBlue has a reputation beyond reputeLuxBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shu View Post
Thanks Loony for the part number and the link to Ronnies. Been away from the XLF for a while and within five minutes I learned about something new.
Dave, you have any pictures?
I see Diesel already offered but if his are gone you can have my bars for shipping costs too. I'm using the stock riser though.

Here's a pic when the OEM buckhorns were on....just disregard the blonde!

Last edited by LuxBlue; 14th June 2012 at 00:14..
Old 13th June 2012

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 06
milmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant future

I went to the HD pullback bars on my 06 and it did help. I dont know what happened to my stock bars or you could have them to try......
How to Check the Diaphragm! : Diaphragm_Test
REPLACING INTAKE/CARB SEALS:Replacing Intake Seals
MAINTENANCE INFO 04-06 : HANDY REFFERENCE

My futile attempt at Blogging: http://toolstolivewith.blogspot.com/

:
Old 13th June 2012

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 06
milmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant futuremilmat1 has a brilliant future

I am going to my storage unit today, If I still have the stock 06 bars You can have them......will let ya know this afternoon SHU...

Matt
Old 13th June 2012
Super Moderator

I forgot how generous everyone on here is.
I have a 2000 so my riser is straight. I am a little long armed so I don't need much "up and back" to be more comfortable so I figured just the stock 04 up C bars would work great with my riser. What is funny though is I have had my bike for 11 years or so now and only last year did the drag bars start to bother my back. Fine at age 30 but by 40 they sucked! LOL
Oh and Lux, I tried to disregard but failed. Is that your wife?
Know Thy Hog